What does heaven mean to me?

SteveB

Jesus.
The Father.
Of course the Holy Spirit needs to be included.
Freedom from the ravages of sin.
The first unknown period of time in God's Home.
After this old heaven and old earth are gone...

A new heaven and a new earth.

I'm hoping that God will take me on a grand tour of this old cosmos. The whole thing.
From the microscopic/subatomic to the macroscopic.
To see and understand as much as possible.
To see my life as God saw it, and then we'll see what's next.

But above all else...

Jesus!

Right it's all about Jesus. And then I hope to get a job taking care of the animals.
Well, he does say,
If you're faithful in the little things, he'll give us bigger.

For the new heaven and earth, I got the impression that we're going to create a whole new civilization, wherein righteousness dwells. What this earth could have been had Adam eaten the fruit of the tree of life, we'll be able to achieve in that future

Well, he does say,
If you're faithful in the little things, he'll give us bigger.

For the new heaven and earth, I got the impression that we're going to create a whole new civilization, wherein righteousness dwells. What this earth could have been had Adam eaten the fruit of the tree of life, we'll be able to achieve in that future
Sounds right to me. Like our Father is God of second chances. I just looked in my library and I have five books with heaven in the title. One would think I would be an expert on the topic. I blame age-related memory loss.

LOOK FOR ME

RUSTY GOODMAN, 1982

When you finally make your entrance to that city
Of jasper walls and bright golden avenues
As you behold all its beauty and its splendor
Remember there is just one request I make of you.
Look for me, for I will be there, too
I realize when you arrive there'll be so much to do
After you've been there ten thousand years, a million, maybe two
Look for me, for I will be there, too.

I'll be the guy in the hat with the beard.

A real utopia never again with any chance for sin, another fall or any other thing but everlasting light, love, fellowship where darkness will be completely done away with, hard to wrap our minds around it but it will make this present place seem like living in the ghetto.

A real utopia never again with any chance for sin, another fall or any other thing but everlasting light, love, fellowship where darkness will be completely done away with, hard to wrap our minds around it but it will make this present place seem like living in the ghetto.
You mean Utopia like with a great golf course?:)

op: What heaven means to me?:

"That in the ages to come He might shew The Exceeding Riches Of His​
Grace In His Kindness Toward us Through Christ Jesus. " (Ephesians 2:7 AV)​
me, the 'clean up' guy on earth, "sweeping Gold Dust off the street of heaven" ♫ 😇 ↑

Amen.

Back
Top Bottom