Trust And Obey!

Rockson

I was reading the words to this song. Thought it would make a good post, but I'd like to give commentary on some of it.

Trust and Obey

Words by John H. Sammis, 1887
Music by Daniel B. Towner, 1887

When we walk with the Lord
in the light of His Word,

(We're called to walk with the Lord. Not just know things about God but to walk in his ways. We must allow his words and thoughts to govern our thoughts and actions. Such is what it means to walk in the light)

What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.

But we never can prove
the delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favor He shows,
for the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.

(We can't have favor and joy in our lives unless we actually do obey his word)

Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet.
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way.
What He says we will do,
Where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and obey.

(Do we fear or do we stand against it saying God HAS NOT given us a spirit of fear but of love and of power and of a sound peaceful mind)

Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.

(So I like no other way except to trust in God's word. If we're not happy in Jesus then why aren't we happy in Jesus. It does take spiritual backbone to choose to walk in the joy of the Lord even in the most darkest circumstances. Even when persecuted we're told to look to the bigger picture.....to leap for joy Jesus said for great will be your reward in Heaven. Paul the Apostle and Silas in Acts 16 were beaten and were put in jail with the feet in stocks. They chose to sing praises to God.....God liked that.....earthquake happened, their chains fell off and the jailer even got saved because of it. It's not always easy with our flesh but we can be happy in Jesus as we look at the bigger picture of God's plan)

Back
Top Bottom