TO JEWISH CHRISTIANS IN ROME

jeremiah1five

How do we know Paul the Jewish Christian is writing to Jewish Christians at Rome?
Look at the language.

1 PAUL, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,
the "gospel of God", or the "good news" of Israel's Messiah according to covenant and prophecies and promises had come.

2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)
only Jews would know about any promises of his [God's] prophets in their own holy scriptures.

3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
only Jews would know about King David who lived around 1000 B.C. and Jews understand 'seed' being a people that tracked and recorded their genealogy. Take a look at Jesus' birth line in Matthew and Luke. Family lines were important to the Jews.

4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:
the "spirit of holiness." Gentiles know nothing about holiness, but holiness is a term most frequently mentioned in the Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets, even in the passage, "be ye holy for I am holy" (Lev. 20:7.)

5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:
"among all nations" meaning Gentiles. Taking the above as true that Paul writes to Jewish Christians the distinction of "among all nations" is significant and separates Jews from Gentiles by which Paul and Barnabas - "we have received grace and apostleship" (Acts 13:1-4) for obedience "to the faith." Idol-worshiping Gentiles know nothing about "faith" being carried away by their dumb idols.

6 Among whom are ye [Jews] also the called of Jesus Christ:
Abraham, Moses, Samuel, were "called" even the people called together to receive instruction from God's prophets are identified as "called" or "the called." Gentiles would know nothing of the "calling" of God in their terminology or culture being without God in the world. And being "the called of Jesus Christ" [Israel's Messiah] has direct reference that Jesus is Israel's Messiah/Christ and that according to covenant, promises, and prophecies Israel is the "called" of God [YHWH.}

7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Israel is betrothed to God and the beloved of God. Israel is also identified as His "saints" in several books of the First Covenant Scriptures. Only Israel has Abraham as their father and through him the fatherhood of God [YHWH.]
YHWH is known in the First Covenant Scriptures to be the Father of the Hebrew nation/people through Abraham.
Taking all the above it is clear that in this introduction of Paul's letter to Christians at Rome that these Christians are Jewish.

Rom. 1:1–7.

How do we know Paul the Jewish Christian is writing to Jewish Christians at Rome?
Look at the language.
yes, look at the language, Romans 11:13 "For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:"

Romans 15:9 "And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name." Romans 15:10 "And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people."

101G.

yes, look at the language, Romans 11:13 "For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:"

Romans 15:9 "And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name." Romans 15:10 "And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people."

101G.
Circumcised Gentile proselytes. They got the inside track on Israel's Messiah which is their Messiah, too. They were in the synagogues when the first Jewish Christians came back from Pentecost talking about their born-again experience and were privy to their testimony. I'm sure some Gentile proselytes were also born again:

10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God. Acts 2:10–11.

Stop. Just stop.
You're fun. But you make me work.
Stop.

Circumcised Gentile proselytes. They got the inside track on Israel's Messiah which is their Messiah, too.
well why didn't Israel get the inside track? Deuteronomy 10:16 "Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked."
They were in the synagogues when the first Jewish Christians came back from Pentecost talking about their born-again experience and were privy to their testimony. I'm sure some Gentile proselytes were also born again:
and as said, they the so-called Jewish Christians got it wrong.

Get the TRUTH, and it will MAKE you "FREE"..... (smile), :geek: YIKES!

101G.

well why didn't Israel get the inside track? Deuteronomy 10:16 "Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked."
Too bad no one could circumcise the foreskin of their "heart" until the Holy Spirit's Advent in A.D. 32.
and as said, they the so-called Jewish Christians got it wrong.

Get the TRUTH, and it will MAKE you "FREE"..... (smile), :geek: YIKES!

101G.
Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Too bad no one could circumcise the foreskin of their "heart" until the Holy Spirit's Advent in A.D. 32.
ERROR, if one would have turned from their WICKED way they could have. and please don't give 101G the excuse just for the ARRIVAL of the Holy Spirit for the circumcising of the foreskin of their hearts to be done.

now LISTEN and LEARN. Deuteronomy 30:6 "And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live." Deuteronomy 30:7 "And the LORD thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee." Deuteronomy 30:8 "And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the LORD, and do all his commandments which I command thee this day."
that's why, that term "RETURN", simply means REPENT. but you wouldn't. how sad..... :cry:

101G.

Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Nonsense. Abraham was circumcised in heart

Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Paul was student of Jeremiah. In fact, just read Jeremiah again and then read the book of Romans.

Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Paul was student of Jeremiah. In fact, just read Jeremiah again and then read the book of Romans.
Thanks praise yeshua, you're on point. Obedience is better than sacrifice, for Obedience that is from the HEART, (LOVE), fulfils the Law.
John 14:15 "If ye love me, keep my commandments." Romans 13:10 "Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law." DID NOT GOD SAY THIS IN THE OT? Exodus 20:6 "And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments." and again in Deuteronomy 5:9 "Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me," Deuteronomy 5:10 "And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments."

and Just ONE MORE, Daniel 9:4 "And I prayed unto the LORD my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments;"

again, thanks my brother, praise yeshua. that open a lot of Doors. "circumcised in heart". Now I got some research do. this is what sons of God discussion will do..... Iron sharpen Iron.

be blessed my brother in Christ.

101G.

ERROR, if one would have turned from their WICKED way they could have. and please don't give 101G the excuse just for the ARRIVAL of the Holy Spirit for the circumcising of the foreskin of their hearts to be done.

now LISTEN and LEARN. Deuteronomy 30:6 "And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live." Deuteronomy 30:7 "And the LORD thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee." Deuteronomy 30:8 "And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the LORD, and do all his commandments which I command thee this day."
that's why, that term "RETURN", simply means REPENT. but you wouldn't. how sad..... :cry:

101G.
No "hearts" were circumcised before "Faith should appear" on Pentecost.

Is that why the Scripture says to circumcise the foreskin?

Saul wasn't a student of Jeremiah per se. Saul was in the spirit and power of Jeremiah.
But he wasn't the only one.
And there are those in the spirit and power of Hosea, and Joel, and Habbakuk, and Isaiah, and Daniel, etc.
And there is no circumcising the proverbial "heart." It's only a misnomer for a "whole life."
I've read Romans. There's a place there where Saul changes a word in an OT prophecy and changes its meaning to suit his ends in the new. That's wrong.

Is that why the Scripture says to circumcise the foreskin?

Saul wasn't a student of Jeremiah per se. Saul was in the spirit and power of Jeremiah.
But he wasn't the only one.
And there are those in the spirit and power of Hosea, and Joel, and Habbakuk, and Isaiah, and Daniel, etc.
And there is no circumcising the proverbial "heart." It's only a misnomer for a "whole life."
I've read Romans. There's a place there where Saul changes a word in an OT prophecy and changes its meaning to suit his ends in the new. That's wrong.

His name is Paul. It is rather obvious that you really don't believe the KJV nor the NT. You're just pretend. You only admit this when you have no other argument to make.

His name is Paul. It is rather obvious that you really don't believe the KJV nor the NT. You're just pretend. You only admit this when you have no other argument to make.
Then you can't read.
You're within your instruction 'to test' but you're not within your instruction to be wrong.

To Jews, Jewish Christians, circumcised Gentile proselytes, uncircumcised/circumcised God Fearers. These people would be in the synagogues when Saul would preach in their synagogues and were the first Gentiles to not only hear this testimony of Israel's Messiah named Jesus, but most likely were born-again at his preaching.

Everyone in the Jewish community were privy to the events in Jerusalem and around Israel of a prophet, one called the son of David, one called Messiah, one called Redeemer and King, for the Jews were a separated people from the common hard-core, uncircumcised, non-covenant, idol-worshiping Gentile. The middle wall partition may have been removed by the death of Christ but until the Jewish Christians - with the help of Saul some 17 years after his conversion which took us to around A.D. 50 - only those in the Jewish community were hearing about this Jesus of Nazareth who was claimed to be the Son of God and King of Israel, and it took time to search their Scriptures to understand this "New Thing" God was doing in the earth and with His Chosen, Covenant, apple-of-His-eye people.
Luke records Saul visiting various cities and towns and finding a synagogue would be present and wait for the opening to share with his BRETHREN (Jews) what he knew of Jesus the Christ.

13 Now when Paul and his company loosed from Paphos, they came to Perga in Pamphylia: and John departing from them returned to Jerusalem.
14 But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down.
15 And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on.
16 Then Paul stood up, and beckoning with his hand said,
Men of Israel, and ye that fear God, give audience.
17 The God of this people of Israel chose our fathers, and exalted the people when they dwelt as strangers in the land of Egypt, and with an high arm brought he them out of it.

And Saul, speaking to Jews, proselytes, God-Fearers, and other devout persons, would recount a history of the Jewish people and their interaction with the God of Abraham, Isaac his son, and Jacob, and lay the framework of their history and those things God did and what He was now doing.

18 And about the time of forty years suffered he their manners in the wilderness.
19 And when he had destroyed seven nations in the land of Chanaan, he divided their land to them by lot.
20 And after that he gave unto them judges about the space of four hundred and fifty years, until Samuel the prophet.
21 And afterward they desired a king: and God gave unto them Saul the son of Cis, a man of the tribe of Benjamin, by the space of forty years.
22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.
23 Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:
24 When John had first preached before his coming the baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel.
25 And as John fulfilled his course, he said, Whom think ye that I am? I am not he. But, behold, there cometh one after me, whose shoes of his feet I am not worthy to loose.
26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.
27 For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him.
28 And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain. 29 And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre.
30 But God raised him from the dead:
31 And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people.
32 And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers, 33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.
34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.
35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. 36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:
37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.
38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

Saul continues his preaching to the Jews in the synagogue which heard him. Take note of the language. Look at the singularity of the covenant God made with Israel and how He was faithful and fulfilled every promise to that time. In verse 26 Saul says, "to you [Jews] is the word of this salvation sent" which echoes what Jesus said, "I am not sent BUT to the lost sheep of the House of Israel."
A Jewish Covenant and a Jewish Messiah.

39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.
40 Beware therefore, lest that come upon you, which is spoken of in the prophets;
41 Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.
42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles [in the synagogues - proselytes, God-Fearers] besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.
43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.
Acts 13:13–44.

This went on every sabbath day and for four decades until Saul's death in A.D. 68. The message God gave to Saul to give to the covenant people of God was a message sent to only Jews and proselytes and God-Fearers and devout Gentiles who were allied with Israel and able through citizenship requiring vows and sacrifices - and in most cases circumcision - in order to be a "cleansed" people and able to mingle and fellowship with the twelve tribes of Israel in their synagogues and in their marketplaces and in their Temple. These are the Gentiles referenced in the New Covenant writings. And unless the context makes distinction between simply "Gentiles" and uncircumcised, non-covenant Gentiles, every references where "Gentiles" are named is referring to proselytes, God-Fearers, devout persons who are allies of Israel.
This cannot be denied. The language is clear. The record is accurate. The truth is told.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom