The Lord is My Rock

Obadiah

I LOVE You fervently and devotedly, O Lord, my Strength.
2 The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my keen and firm Strength in Whom I will trust and take refuge, my Shield, and the Horn of my salvation, my High Tower. Psalm 18:1–2

David wrote this song of deliverance on the day that God rescued him "on the day when the Lord rescued him from the hand of all his enemies, from the hand of Saul" He describes God's faithful character with the words, 'shield', power, and says that God is his place of safety.

David was saying that God is all he needs to survive all life's battles. David uses various descriptive words to describe God as his hiding place. David was well acquainted with hiding places. When David was a shepherd boy he would have known the relief he would find from the heat of the sun from the shade of a rock. He would also have known the safety a strong fortress could provide during a battle, just as a shield could help protect him on the battlefield when he was involved in many military battles.

Yes the Lord is our rock! And because Jesus is a rock, Strong and true, We can build our life around Him. We can align our life with His teaching. You will never leave us nor forsake us. He will never crumble or fail. He's our Rock right now and for all eternity. Thank you Jesus.

Dwell in Me, and I will dwell in you. [Live in Me, and I will live in you.] Just as no branch can bear fruit of itself without abiding in (being vitally united to) the vine, neither can you bear fruit unless you abide in Me.
John 15:4.

I LOVE You fervently and devotedly, O Lord, my Strength.
2 The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my keen and firm Strength in Whom I will trust and take refuge, my Shield, and the Horn of my salvation, my High Tower. Psalm 18:1–2

David wrote this song of deliverance on the day that God rescued him "on the day when the Lord rescued him from the hand of all his enemies, from the hand of Saul" He describes God's faithful character with the words, 'shield', power, and says that God is his place of safety.

David was saying that God is all he needs to survive all life's battles. David uses various descriptive words to describe God as his hiding place. David was well acquainted with hiding places. When David was a shepherd boy he would have known the relief he would find from the heat of the sun from the shade of a rock. He would also have known the safety a strong fortress could provide during a battle, just as a shield could help protect him on the battlefield when he was involved in many military battles.
is not the "LORD", all caps the "Rock?". Deuteronomy 32:3 "Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God." Deuteronomy 32:4 "He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he."

so, is not the "Lord", is the same person who is the "LORD?"

101G.

Back
Top Bottom