The Apostleship of Paul...

Scripture please.

I appreciate that. But I have shown you your exegetical errors. The things you say are not supported by Scripture.

Well, I am proving my points with the scriptures and you are not. "Breath" in the scriptures is a metaphor for the Spirit of God, who is life. Jesus said in John 3 when his subject is being born again as sons of God, that the Spirit is like the wind that bloweth where it listeth.
Now, here is the deal. the apostle John was present in the upper room on the day of the resurrection of Jesus Christ and he testifies of several particular occurrances that he and only a few others was privy to. One of the things he tells us is that Jesus Christ breathed on them and said "receive ye the Holy Ghost."
John 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
The Spirit rested on Jesus. Breathing on them did not impart the Holy Spirit that remained on Jesus throughout His ministry since His baptism. Jesus also said and this is very clear-cut. It's unmistakeable, as opposed to your interpreting Jesus breathing on them:

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. Jn 16:7.

Jesus says He will send the Comforter to them, but He had to go away FIRST. It makes no sense for Jesus to impart the Spirit to His disciples when He breathed on them and also says He will send Him AFTER He departs. Breathing on them did not impart the Holy Spirit upon His disciples. It was a symbolic gesture towards the sending the Spirit to them AFTER He departs.
Here is exactly what Jesus said;
4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

The next verse lends clarity to what he means.

5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Now you are tasked to understand what Jesus means by being baptized with the Holy Ghost. It is not the same thing as "receiving" the Holy Ghost and it is not exclusive to the apostles. Following is some clarity.
No, it is the same thing. The Holy Spirit baptizes the person into the body of Christ and never leaves nor forsakes that person. NEVER LEAVE.
Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Spirit baptism. Salvation in Christ under the New Covenant.

The Spirit rested on Jesus. Breathing on them did not impart the Holy Spirit that remained on Jesus throughout His ministry since His baptism. Jesus also said and this is very clear-cut. It's unmistakeable, as opposed to your interpreting Jesus breathing on them:

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. Jn 16:7.

Jesus says He will send the Comforter to them, but He had to go away FIRST. It makes no sense for Jesus to impart the Spirit to His disciples when He breathed on them and also says He will send Him AFTER He departs. Breathing on them did not impart the Holy Spirit upon His disciples. It was a symbolic gesture towards the sending the Spirit to them AFTER He departs.

No, it is the same thing. The Holy Spirit baptizes the person into the body of Christ and never leaves nor forsakes that person. NEVER LEAVE.

Spirit baptism. Salvation in Christ under the New Covenant.
Listen, I am reading in the scriptures in John 20 which was written by a man who was there and claiming to be writing from inspiration, and this is what he said;

Joh 20:19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.
21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Now it is your prerogative to deny this for whatever reason you want, but it is what John said happened.

It is my prerogative to say you are a denier of scripture. You want the scriptures to fit some preconceived notion of yours and you will not allow it to correct you. Jesus Christ departed in death. He was resurrected from the dead and he sent these apostles out with the same authority as he had and he would be with them in the person of the Holy Spirit. There is nothing symbolic about this at all.

Listen, I am reading in the scriptures in John 20 which was written by a man who was there and claiming to be writing from inspiration, and this is what he said;

Joh 20:19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.
21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Now it is your prerogative to deny this for whatever reason you want, but it is what John said happened.

It is my prerogative to say you are a denier of scripture. You want the scriptures to fit some preconceived notion of yours and you will not allow it to correct you. Jesus Christ departed in death. He was resurrected from the dead and he sent these apostles out with the same authority as he had and he would be with them in the person of the Holy Spirit. There is nothing symbolic about this at all.
So, when you see two seemingly contradictory passages of Scripture your ask, seek, and knock ends and you just choose the one that fits your personal theory?

Jesus said He had to go away before He would send the Comforter. He was still on the planet which means the Comforter for His people could not come, so the breathing on them is symbolic - maybe even command - for a future day. That future day was 50 days later at Pentecost. Jesus left/ascended and ten days later the Comforter came and indwelt the believers.

The other thing is simple reasoning. In Luke 24:49 Jesus commands His disciples to WAIT for the Promised Holy Spirit and be endued with Him. If the disciples already had the Holy Spirit Jesus' words would be meaningless. No, the breathing of new life to them was symbolic and takes us back to Genesis when God breathed new life into the first man.

So, when you see two seemingly contradictory passages of Scripture your ask, seek, and knock ends and you just choose the one that fits your personal theory?

Jesus said He had to go away before He would send the Comforter. He was still on the planet which means the Comforter for His people could not come, so the breathing on them is symbolic - maybe even command - for a future day. That future day was 50 days later at Pentecost. Jesus left/ascended and ten days later the Comforter came and indwelt the believers.

There is no language in the context that makes this symbolic.

The other thing is simple reasoning. In Luke 24:49 Jesus commands His disciples to WAIT for the Promised Holy Spirit and be endued with Him. If the disciples already had the Holy Spirit Jesus' words would be meaningless. No, the breathing of new life to them was symbolic and takes us back to Genesis when God breathed new life into the first man.
The two disciples on the Emmaus Road was in the room when Jesus entered in John 20. Here is the context.

Lu 24:13 And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs.
14 And they talked together of all these things which had happened.
15 And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.
16 But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.

17 And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad?
18 And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass there in these days?
19 And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:
20 And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him.
21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.
22 Yea, and certain women also of our company made us astonished, which were early at the sepulchre;
23 And when they found not his body, they came, saying, that they had also seen a vision of angels, which said that he was alive.
24 And certain of them which were with us went to the sepulchre, and found it even so as the women had said: but him they saw not.

25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
28 And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further.
29 But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.
30 And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.
31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.
32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

What was next?

33 And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them,
34 Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon.
35 And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread.

This is the same event as John 20 so far.

36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.
44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Luke says Jesus opened their understanding because they were going to be preaching to Israel and John in his gospel tells us HOW he opened the scriptures and understanding of them. They would begin on Pentecost in Jerusalem and they would preach with understanding because they had received the Spirit and he was in them.

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

Verse 49 was nor spoken on the day of the resurrection of Jesus but on the day of his ascension. I know that because of what is recorded about the following week when all these were gathered in Galillee.

49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Mt 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

So, in John and Luke the disciples were in Jerusalem and in Matthew they were in Galilee.

Mark 16:9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.
10 And she went and told them that had been with him, as they mourned and wept.
11 And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not.

Here are the two disciples of luke on the Emmaus Road.
12 After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country.
13 And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them.

Now pay attention here and look at the word "afterward." From here on it is highly likely that Mark is referencing the meeting in Galilee the following Sunday.

14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

These men would be preaching the same gospel that they had refused to believe when they heard it. Therefore they were given confirming signs to convince the Jews, a people who required a sign (1 Cor 1:22)

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
But these disciples spoke to Israel as if it was he himself who spoke because they had the same power given to them by the Spirit.

20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Now carefully consider this. These sign gifts was the power that would come upon them when the Spirit was poured out upon Israel at Pentecost. They had already been given the Spirit to give them understanding of the scriptures and at Jerusalem when the nation was baptized with the Holy Ghost from heaven so all may be indwelt, these men were given the gifts. The first thing they did when it happened is they exercised the gift of tongues so they could speak to men of 17 different languages. It had the effect on Israel and the Jews that God intended.

Check this out

Ac 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Nothing here about them receiving the Holy Spirit. The filling of the Spirit is submitting oneself to his control so he can do his work through you. It would later be a command to the whole church.

Eph 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Wine controls the body of the drunkard and the Spirit is to control the body of the servant to the same excess.

So, Acts 2:1-4 is explained here, amazingly because they thought these men were drunk with wine:

Ac 2:14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all [ye] that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

The whole nation is immersed in the Holy Ghost. He had been poured out from God in heaven in abundance to save EVERY ONE OF THEM and that was the command when they asked what they should do.

37 ¶ Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise (of the Spirit) is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them (the eleven and those to whom Jesus Christ had already given the Spirit) about three thousand souls.

How does one understand the scriptures and could those disciples who were gathered in the upper room on that resurrection day be able to preach the truth to these converts.

Here is how;

1Co 2:6 ¶ Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

These preachers were natural men when they were in the upper room on the day of the resurrection of Jesus. They had been with him and heard him preach and had been preaching themselves and they did not even understand the mission of the Messiah who came to be the atoning sacrifice for Israel that they might be saved. Instead they had quit the ministry and every one of them was guilty of unbelief in the resurrection of Jesus Christ. That is the power of the flesh with out the Spirit to enlighten the mind and understanding. Jesus prepared these men beforehand to preach his gospel with power and understanding. They got this through the revelation of the Spirit.

If the words mean to be symbolic the context will prove it. The words of Jesus to his disciples on resurrection day were not symbolic.

Last edited:
There is no language in the context that makes this symbolic.
IF Jesus breathed on them and imparted the Holy Spirit upon the eleven (as you and many others say) then these two passages of Scripture make no sense and is inconsistent with what Jesus did by breathing on them which is/was a symbolic act of their future immersion in the Holy Spirit.

If Jesus breathed ion the eleven and they received the Holy Spirit of Promise and they were filled with the Holy Spirit why no tongues as in Acts 2?
Also, it makes Jesus' command to go to Jerusalem and WAIT for the Holy Spirit of Promise useless if they already had the Holy Spirit of Promise. It makes Jesus' words futile.

Jn 20:22.

49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high. Lk 24:49.

Why wait for the Holy Spirit of Promise if they already possessed the Holy Spirit of Promise? No, they did not receive the Holy Spirit when Jesus breathed on them as the act of breathing on them was type and shadow of the reality to come in a few short days at the Feast of Harvest (Pentecost.)

Earlier, Jesus said that He could not send them the Holy Spirit of Promise unless He departed and went back to His Father and both of them send the Holy Spirit of Promise. (Filioque.)

Jesus says clearly, He cannot send the Holy Spirit of Promise unless He goes away (to His Father.)

Jesus did not "send" the Holy Spirit of Promise upon His disciples when He breathed on them in John 20:22 and said, "receive ye the Holy Spirit." The breathing was symbolic and was type and shadow of the reality to come upon them in Acts 2 in the upper room.

Two statements by the Lord clearly imply the disciples don't have the Holy Spirit of Promise after the breathing on them in John 20:22 .

2 against 1.

IF Jesus breathed on them and imparted the Holy Spirit upon the eleven (as you and many others say) then these two passages of Scripture make no sense and is inconsistent with what Jesus did by breathing on them which is/was a symbolic act of their future immersion in the Holy Spirit.
The problem you are having is illustrated in the sentence above. I underlined it. Being "baptized" with the Holy Ghost, "receiving" the Holy Ghost, and being "filled" with the Holy Ghost are three different concepts in God's holy word. This is what religious people do not seem to grasp. The words of God are precise words and when one reads different words one must take note of it and begin to ask questions of the text. The text will answer the humble seeker of it's truths. The psalmist in Psa 19 prays, "keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins, let them not have dominion over me, then shall I be innocent from the great transgression."
Jesus said to his disciples in John 12, "receive ye the Spirit." This does not mean for them to be baptized with the Spirit. Baptism is an outward form. They would be in the Holy Ghost if they were immersed, baptized in him. That is not what Jesus said. He said receive ye the Holy Ghost. This means he wants the Holy Ghost to be in them. He never tells his apostles and prophets to be baptized in the Holy Ghost or water or in anything else, but he did through these men tell his people Israel to be baptized in water and by obedience to this act individually they would individually receive the Holy Ghost into their bodies and be saved, because that is what salvation from sin is. There is symbolism here. The water is symbolic of the outward cleansing of God's word and the Holy Ghost on the inside is actually washing away of sins. Read Re 1:5 & Ti 3:5 here. The pouring out of the Spirit is not on individuals but on the nation and people of God, the Israelites and is the keeping of his promise to them from the OT passages that he would do it. The nation and people of God are immersed in the Holy Ghost. Rain is the symbol for the baptism. It comes from heaven at the Father's will and it is free and one must receive it in his body in order to live. One must drink it. The nation cannot live unless every one of them drinks him in. This is the reason the apostles told them "every one of them" must be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost. There will be no national kingdom until every individual in that nation receives the Holy Ghost into their bodies. This is the former rain of the scriptures and later after he purges out the rebels of that nation there will be a latter rain. This is future from even this time in which we are living now.

Acts 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people (of Israel).
24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.
25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
26 Unto you (Israel) first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

This did not happen because of unbelief of most of them.
If Jesus breathed ion the eleven and they received the Holy Spirit of Promise and they were filled with the Holy Spirit why no tongues as in Acts 2?
Also, it makes Jesus' command to go to Jerusalem and WAIT for the Holy Spirit of Promise useless if they already had the Holy Spirit of Promise. It makes Jesus' words futile.
No it doesn't. They did not express the power because the expression of the sign gifts was the power of the Spirit to confirm the gospel to Israel They did not express these gifts when they desired but when the Spirit in them desired. Check it out in this passage to the Hebrews about thses men;

He 2:1 Therefore we (Hebrews) ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.
2 For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;
3 How shall we (Hebrews) escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us (Hebrews) by them that heard him (in person, which were the apostles and prophets of John 20);
4 God also bearing them (the Hebrews) witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will? (The sign gifts in these men are at the discretion of the Holy Ghost, not their own discretion)
Jn 20:22.
49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high. Lk 24:49.

Why wait for the Holy Spirit of Promise if they already possessed the Holy Spirit of Promise? No, they did not receive the Holy Spirit when Jesus breathed on them as the act of breathing on them was type and shadow of the reality to come in a few short days at the Feast of Harvest (Pentecost.)
The act of receiving the Holy Ghost makes one a son of God. All creatures that have the Holy Ghost are sons of God, even angelic beings (see Job 1) The first and only man who was a son of God in the OT times until Jesus Christ was Adam (Lk 3:38). The reason he was called the son of God was because he was created in the image of God, a trinity, soul, body, and the Holy Ghost. He received the Holy Ghost when God breathed on him. Here:

Genesis 2:7
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
The operative word is "living." He died when he no longer had the Holy Ghost in his body because he sinned.

Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

The Spirit of God is life and he was in the body of Jesus.

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person,

How can that be? Jesus Christ was a man speaking to the Hebrews. It can be because the image of God is trinitarian. Soul, body, and the Holy Spirit, God. indwelling the body.
Earlier, Jesus said that He could not send them the Holy Spirit of Promise unless He departed and went back to His Father and both of them send the Holy Spirit of Promise. (Filioque.)

Jesus says clearly, He cannot send the Holy Spirit of Promise unless He goes away (to His Father.)

Jesus did not "send" the Holy Spirit of Promise upon His disciples when He breathed on them in John 20:22 and said, "receive ye the Holy Spirit." The breathing was symbolic and was type and shadow of the reality to come upon them in Acts 2 in the upper room.

Two statements by the Lord clearly imply the disciples don't have the Holy Spirit of Promise after the breathing on them in John 20:22 .

2 against 1.
Men do not receive the Spirit who is life by Jesus going to heaven. They receive the Spirit because Jesus Christ has paid the penalty for their sins and rose again from the dead and is alive forever more. Late in the day on resurrection day Jesus Christ had already gone to the Father as High Priest and poured his own blood on the altar in the heavenly tabernacle where it is now and where it will always be. The resurrected Jesus is flesh and bone, not flesh and blood. The Spirit in his body is his Life. These men received the Spirit, not by faith, but in the very presence of the risen Jesus Christ. All others who have received the Spirit have received him by the testimony of these same men.

Rightly dividing the word of truth is recognizing the precision of the words of God. The attack today is against the pure words of God and we are divided because of it.

Rightly dividing the word of truth is recognizing the precision of the words of God. The attack today is against the pure words of God and we are divided because of it.
Amen, Totally agree with Scriptures [ God's Word Of Truth ], Rightly Divided - ie:

Three Bible Baptisms:

In God's Context Of Prophecy/Covenants/Law for ISRAEL, Yesterday!:

►►► The Twelve Were Sent to {water} baptize! ◄◄◄

The TWO Main ( of 12 ) baptisms [ available upon request ]

A) water, For remission of sins/induction into Israeli "priesthood!":
(Matthew_3:5-6; Mark_1:4; Luke_3:3; John_1:31; Luke 7:29-30; Acts_10:37)
(Matthew_28:19; Mark_16:16; Acts_2:38, 22:16; Ezekiel_36:25; Isaiah 52:15)

+

B) WITH The Holy Spirit, Poured Out By CHRIST, for power, signs And wonders!
(Isaiah_44:3; Matthew_3:11; Mark_1:8, 16:17-18;
Luke_24:49; Acts_2:17-18, 38, 8:15-17, 11:16)

Prophecy / Covenants / Law for twelve tribes of Israel!

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That Differ!” (online):

In God's Other Distinctive Context Of Mystery / GRACE! (Romans - Philemon) =

our "One apostle to the Gentiles" for The One Body Of CHRIST, Today!:

►►► Paul Was Not Sent to {water} baptize! Why Not?: ◄◄◄

Today:

Only One Baptism = "BY" The One Spirit = God's Operation,
Spiritually Identifying members In (The One Body Of) Christ!
(Ephesians 4:5; Colossians_2:12; Galatians_3:27;
Romans_6:3-4; 1 Corinthians 12:13 KJB)

Conclusion: God's ONE Baptism Today? = ONE [ Precision of A Specific Pure Word? ]

Or, [ man's word? ] Equals two? = water problem with God's { Precise? } Math! Correct?
----------------------------------
This has also been Very Helpful:

Water That Divides!!
-------------------------
Only ONE Baptism for us today, Under Grace!

Baptized Into Christ.png

The problem you are having is illustrated in the sentence above. I underlined it. Being "baptized" with the Holy Ghost, "receiving" the Holy Ghost, and being "filled" with the Holy Ghost are three different concepts in God's holy word.
Disagree. When one is born-again the Holy Spirit baptizes that person into Christ and remains with that person for the rest of their earthly lives. He said, I will never leave you nor forsake you." What seems like two or three different times the Holy Spirit enters a person is only one time. But during the life of the believer after that one time being born-again the Holy Spirit manifests His Presence to a greater degree depending and even withdraws Himself from the person because of sin or the Lord allows the person to backslid in order to grow that person.
Jesus said to his disciples in John 12, "receive ye the Spirit." This does not mean for them to be baptized with the Spirit. Baptism is an outward form. They would be in the Holy Ghost if they were immersed, baptized in him. That is not what Jesus said. He said receive ye the Holy Ghost. This means he wants the Holy Ghost to be in them. He never tells his apostles and prophets to be baptized in the Holy Ghost or water or in anything else, but he did through these men tell his people Israel to be baptized in water and by obedience to this act individually they would individually receive the Holy Ghost into their bodies and be saved, because that is what salvation from sin is. There is symbolism here. The water is symbolic of the outward cleansing of God's word and the Holy Ghost on the inside is actually washing away of sins. Read Re 1:5 & Ti 3:5 here. The pouring out of the Spirit is not on individuals but on the nation and people of God, the Israelites and is the keeping of his promise to them from the OT passages that he would do it. The nation and people of God are immersed in the Holy Ghost. Rain is the symbol for the baptism. It comes from heaven at the Father's will and it is free and one must receive it in his body in order to live. One must drink it. The nation cannot live unless every one of them drinks him in. This is the reason the apostles told them "every one of them" must be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost. There will be no national kingdom until every individual in that nation receives the Holy Ghost into their bodies. This is the former rain of the scriptures and later after he purges out the rebels of that nation there will be a latter rain. This is future from even this time in which we are living now.
Can't be correct. And it isn't. Whatever adjective one uses it only occurs one time and the Holy Spirit resides in that person for the rest of their lives. There are many passages I can post to prove this but with your long comment I'll run out of room and have to start cutting my response down and that impairs any thorough repliy I may make. So, I'll just post this as my proof of the "One time salvation and stay there for the duration."

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, pIf a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. Jn 14:23.
The act of receiving the Holy Ghost makes one a son of God. All creatures that have the Holy Ghost are sons of God, even angelic beings (see Job 1) The first and only man who was a son of God in the OT times until Jesus Christ was Adam (Lk 3:38). The reason he was called the son of God was because he was created in the image of God, a trinity, soul, body, and the Holy Ghost. He received the Holy Ghost when God breathed on him. Here:
God has only ONE Son and angels are not His sons. Nowhere does Scripture refer to angels as God's son.
God has ONE only begotten Son and everyone else who is a "son" is adopted.
You're over-thinking the event of salvation in which the Holy Spirit comes to reside in that person for the rest of their lives and misunderstand when the Holy Spirit 'increases' and 'decreases' for no one can stay on the mountaintop forever in this life.
Genesis 2:7
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
The operative word is "living." He died when he no longer had the Holy Ghost in his body because he sinned.
Adam never had the Holy Spirit "in his body" to begin with. The breath of God merely animated the man, He didn't give him the Holy Spirit.
Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

The Spirit of God is life and he was in the body of Jesus.
Scripture says the Spirit RESTED ON Jesus, not entered Him. ("lighted upon Him")
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person,

How can that be? Jesus Christ was a man speaking to the Hebrews. It can be because the image of God is trinitarian. Soul, body, and the Holy Spirit, God. indwelling the body.
The image of God is those three things:
body = Son
soul = Father
spirit = Holy Spirit

but the image of God in Genesis creation narrative is not Adam, but Christ. Adam is of the earth earthy; Christ is the Lord from heaven. Saul makes distinction between the first and last Adam in 1 Corinthians 15. The image of God that God ordained when He said, "Let us make man in our image" is God breathing into Adam's nostrils every born-again believer God predestined to save as per the book of life of the lamb slain from [before] the foundation (creation) of the world (Rev. 13:8.)
His elect at the appointed time were born into this world, and at the appointed time born again.
The image of God is not Adam but Christ. There is no better image of a Father than a Son.
Men do not receive the Spirit who is life by Jesus going to heaven. They receive the Spirit because Jesus Christ has paid the penalty for their sins and rose again from the dead and is alive forever more. Late in the day on resurrection day Jesus Christ had already gone to the Father as High Priest and poured his own blood on the altar in the heavenly tabernacle where it is now and where it will always be. The resurrected Jesus is flesh and bone, not flesh and blood. The Spirit in his body is his Life. These men received the Spirit, not by faith, but in the very presence of the risen Jesus Christ. All others who have received the Spirit have received him by the testimony of these same men.
Salvation is of the Lord. The Plan of Redemption is a plan ordained of God. He is active in the salvation of those He contemplated in His Mind in Himself when He planned in eternity to create man and from this mass of humanity "call out" His people.
And you are in error. Christ didn't die and then go to the Father with a bowl of His blood. Christ remained in the grave until He resurrected. Life is in the blood. When the human body loses more blood than the body can tolerate the person dies. When this happened to Jesus, they placed Him in the tomb where He remained until He resurrected. Atonement was complete. It [was] finished. Finished ON THE CROSS when He died, when His blood loss was more than the body could tolerate.
Men receive the Spirit and are born again simply when the Holy Spirit comes to make His abode with the person. Everything about salvation was accomplished on the cross. Now, in salvation all that is necessary is the Holy Spirit coming to dwell in God's elect. During His life Jesus had perfect obedience and faith in God. It was His faith by which God's elect are saved since in the salvation act dead men have no faith. Thety are dead in trespasses and sin. Like Lazarius who was dead and lay passive in his grave, so to are God's elect passive in their salvation and contribute nothing to their quickening or re-birth. They are passive. They contribute nothing to their salvation for salvation (and all its parts) is OF THE LORD.
The attack has always existed, not just today. There were many attacks even after Christ arose. There were laws that prohibited Christians possessing the scrolls of Scripture. Believers were dying and being martyred for possessing these scrolls. Rome came to the conclusion that if they could destroy the scrolls, they could destroy Christianity. And they were right. Christians were dying for possessing Saul's copied letters or John's. But they were also dying for possessing writings like uninspired "Bishop of Hermes," or the "Gospel of Judas" and the like and this contributed to the idea of gathering the scrolls and make a bible. The Hebrews possessed their Scriptures. They were committed the oracles of God. But the New Covenant writings of Saul, Peter, James, Matthew were carefully collected and at the Council of Nicea (AD 325) they put together pretty much the bible you have in your hands today if that bible is the King James translation for the English-speaking people.
Tyndale in 1400s wanted to provide a translation for the people of God and succeeded. Matin Luther translated a bible in German and was even used to assist in making the KJV.
In 1853 Westcott and Hort compiled a committee to Revise the KJV but instead completed a Greek Text using corrupt Greek manuscripts of the Alexandrian and Sinaiticus manuscripts the Church didn't even use but were there in places. Westcott and Hort's Greek text Revision completed in 1881 is used by Nestle & Aland to produce and translate into English the Revised Version (1881), and the American Standard Version (ASV 1901) and from there the NASB in 1952. And English translations multiplied and then came the Jerusalem Bible (1966) and the NIV in 1973. The NKJV in 1982, the NLT in 1995. Soon, there was an explosion of new and "specialty Bibles" (for women, for drunks, for students, devotionals, etc.) and they were all translated from Westcott and Hort's completed Revised Version of 1881. I'm sure you use one of these modern translations, don't you.
Instead of frontal attacks on the Word of God a plan had been hatched to publish myriads of English translations and confuse the Gentile Church. And they've succeeded in confusing those who do not study bible history to learn how we got our bibles today.
But the ONLY Authorized Version of the Bible is the KJV. Translated from the Received Text.
On any Sunday in church today and in a congregation of over 100 Christians (I'm sure only 50% are true born of God), but in such a church of 100 people I bet you'll find at least 20 different versions in the hands of the attendants. Talk about confusion!
But that's another post.
What Jesus did in breathing on the eleven was symbolic for what they were to experience not more than at least ten days later on the Feast of Harvest in AD 32 when the Holy Spirit came upon 3000 Jews and the Church Christ promised to build began and the New Covenant era to take place in Israel and in Jews living in Gentile lands began.

Disagree. When one is born-again the Holy Spirit baptizes that person into Christ and remains with that person for the rest of their earthly lives. He said, I will never leave you nor forsake you." What seems like two or three different times the Holy Spirit enters a person is only one time. But during the life of the believer after that one time being born-again the Holy Spirit manifests His Presence to a greater degree depending and even withdraws Himself from the person because of sin or the Lord allows the person to backslid in order to grow that person.
Responding to what I have underlined above:
It is not true of every person who is ever born again. It is true of only those believers of this age through whom God the Father is fashioning the church of Jesus Christ, which is explained to be one body with many members. It is taken from the side of the body of Jesus Christ when he died and was buried and resurrected. When it is complete it will be presented to Jesus Christ as his bride. The typology of this begins with Eve who is a physical picture of the church of Jesus Christ. Of his body and also his bride. He is the head of Eve, the body. The epistle to the Ephesians is the clearest in affirming this type. Only those whom the Spirit births into the family of God are baptized into the body of Christ. Hence the meaning of the doctrine "In Christ."

Can't be correct. And it isn't. Whatever adjective one uses it only occurs one time and the Holy Spirit resides in that person for the rest of their lives. There are many passages I can post to prove this but with your long comment I'll run out of room and have to start cutting my response down and that impairs any thorough repliy I may make. So, I'll just post this as my proof of the "One time salvation and stay there for the duration."

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, pIf a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. Jn 14:23.
I don't know who you are addressing here or if you believe one can loose his salvation, so to speak. I sure have not made that pitch. Being born again and then being unborn doesn't make much sense to me.
God has only ONE Son and angels are not His sons. Nowhere does Scripture refer to angels as God's son.
God has ONE only begotten Son and everyone else who is a "son" is adopted.
You're over-thinking the event of salvation in which the Holy Spirit comes to reside in that person for the rest of their lives and misunderstand when the Holy Spirit 'increases' and 'decreases' for no one can stay on the mountaintop forever in this life.
God has one "begotten" son. He has other sons. Israel is his collective son, born of the flesh in the world (Egypt) with the need to be born again collectively. That is the reason he calls on every one of them to be born again before he establishes his kingdom on earth. The "adoption" is in the context of "inheritance" since the church age believers will be "joint-heirs " with Christ, the firstborn from the dead.
Adam never had the Holy Spirit "in his body" to begin with. The breath of God merely animated the man, He didn't give him the Holy Spirit.
Yeah, and you think that is the reason the Spirit "renews" those who believe in Jesus. Ti 3:5. Romans 8:11 explains. Watch it;
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. I would think "any man" would include Adam. What do you think?

The body dead without the Spirit (think Adam after the fall). The body alive with the Spirit in it (son of God).
What is so hard about this?
Scripture says the Spirit RESTED ON Jesus, not entered Him. ("lighted upon Him")
It depends on how you define the Spirit. I just read you a passage that says the Spirit is life and when he is in the body, it is alive unto God.
Now, consider this;
4 In him (in his body) was life; and the life was the light of men.

Jn 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

Now watch this:

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life (the Spirit): and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life (the Spirit); but the wrath of God abideth on him.

The image of God is those three things:
body = Son
soul = Father
spirit = Holy Spirit

but the image of God in Genesis creation narrative is not Adam, but Christ. Adam is of the earth earthy; Christ is the Lord from heaven. Saul makes distinction between the first and last Adam in 1 Corinthians 15. The image of God that God ordained when He said, "Let us make man in our image" is God breathing into Adam's nostrils every born-again believer God predestined to save as per the book of life of the lamb slain from [before] the foundation (creation) of the world (Rev. 13:8.)
His elect at the appointed time were born into this world, and at the appointed time born again.
The image of God is not Adam but Christ. There is no better image of a Father than a Son.
Will you please read that and admit how silly it is. Some things I read just makes my head spin with incredulity of how perverse things can often get.
Salvation is of the Lord. The Plan of Redemption is a plan ordained of God. He is active in the salvation of those He contemplated in His Mind in Himself when He planned in eternity to create man and from this mass of humanity "call out" His people.
And you are in error. Christ didn't die and then go to the Father with a bowl of His blood. Christ remained in the grave until He resurrected. Life is in the blood. When the human body loses more blood than the body can tolerate the person dies. When this happened to Jesus, they placed Him in the tomb where He remained until He resurrected. Atonement was complete. It [was] finished. Finished ON THE CROSS when He died, when His blood loss was more than the body could tolerate.
Jesus Christ took on him the seed of Abraham in the flesh and died. But I quoted to you that he had the Spirit of God in his body who gave him life without measure. His death was like Adam's death, first spiritual, when the Spirit departed his body and he was separated for the only time in eternity from God the Father. That is what death is and it is no more or no less than that in the scriptures. A departure or a separation. Later his soul departed and he was physically dead. At his resurrection in a glorified body it was the body with the Spirit as life and he told his disciples that he was Spirit and bone. There will be no blood in the glorified body. All traces of Adam will finally be removed.

I will answer the rest of your comments but I am out of time now. Take some time to meditate on what I have told you and be instructed from the words of scripture in their context.

Anyone reading this be aware that Jesus Christ came to save sinners and all sinner swho put their trust in him for their salvation will be saved. There are not just certain sinners who have this invitation from God. All may come when they learn this wonderful news.

Back
Top Bottom