Self Denial - Bible Study

Hello Obadiah,

I am reminded of what Paul stated to the Philippians,

Philippians 3:10 that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, becoming conformed unto his death;

I believe the suffering comes at a cost of denying oneself and picking up the cross and following Christ. Some go out for persecution and seek that to be their suffering however that is a wrong practice in my best estimation. Through the years, Yahava has worked in and through me to produce good and I am thankful for that, it did come at a cost of denying myself. Hell my flesh hates reading the bible, but the spirit is willingly.

Does that make sense to you? The question may become, what were the sufferings of Christ that he went through? He denied himself as well, for the Fathers will to be done, though he had his own will.
I believe that when God created us out of the dust he knew he would suffer and die for us. I also believe that Jesus really enjoyed being with his creation here on earth. Like the wedding at Cana and feeding the 500 "miracle of the five loaves and two fish". That he likes to see us enjoying ourselves and celebrating. So the ends in this case justify the means. His obedience by going to the cross makes it possible for us to be with him for eternity... the wedding supper of the Lamb.

In Jesus' temptations in the wilderness, Satan illustrated that he was not allergic to quoting scripture.

Therefore, the flesh also uses the scripture in a similar manner.

Also as it is written in John. How can you believe since you accept glory from one another but do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?

Since Paul speaks of his temporary dwelling of the body as a body of death, as we accept the counterfeit of the flesh, our faith diminishes - thus it is important to examine the motive, so we enjoy what God has given us with thanksgiving.

For me, I do not believe that Satan is still around anymore personally. Yes people can use scripture at a whim just as you or me can use to share with one another. However whatever one does with those things is up to them, whether they add them as principles in ones life or not and do it in sight for Yahava, and not for others, that is a different story.

I do not think we are really properly communicating with one another so I can't address the rest of your post, your intelligence exceeds me.

I believe that when God created us out of the dust he knew he would suffer and die for us. I also believe that Jesus really enjoyed being with his creation here on earth. Like the wedding at Cana and feeding the 500 "miracle of the five loaves and two fish". That he likes to see us enjoying ourselves and celebrating. So the ends in this case justify the means. His obedience by going to the cross makes it possible for us to be with him for eternity... the wedding supper of the Lamb.

That is wonderful. It seems though we are to suffer for him as well, whether one believes that or not is totally between them and Yahava. Some people do put that aspect on the back burner, they do not even like acknowledging that is part of the Yeshuan walk, following christ by picking up ones cross. It is after all about placing him first, before your own family, and friends, so... to an degree one yes absolutely Jesus did everything, however there are rewards that are presented within his gospel to take in account which I believe throughout a persons life. Yahava watches and sees what we do, whether we really love him, or we do not. Does that mean people have to go and street preach or do anything like that? No, it simply means to be ready in abiding in Christ, to share something with someone else, which may encourage them to continue to seek out the LORD, or turn someone from the direction of darkness they may be heading of course it is their own choice.

I don't know. I bet there are people far better at it than me though. I am a indulgent person, and worst at self-control, which is provided from God, by the spirit, which Jesus states that we can ask our Father in heaven of course to help us with. It just takes some dedication and practice just like anything else.

2 Peter 1:
5 And this same also -- all diligence having brought in besides, superadd in your faith the worthiness, and in the worthiness the knowledge,

6 and in the knowledge the temperance, and in the temperance the endurance, and in the endurance the piety,

7 and in the piety the brotherly kindness, and in the brotherly kindness the love;

8 for these things being to you and abounding, do make [you] neither inert nor unfruitful in regard to the acknowledging of our Lord Jesus Christ,
That's a decent approach.

It is written in 2nd Corinthians (12:9) "I will boast of my weaknesses so Christ's power will rest on me."
For me, I do not believe that Satan is still around anymore personally. Yes people can use scripture at a whim just as you or me can use to share with one another. However whatever one does with those things is up to them, whether they add them as principles in ones life or not and do it in sight for Yahava, and not for others, that is a different story.

I do not think we are really properly communicating with one another so I can't address the rest of your post, your intelligence exceeds me.
The perception of a mystic malevolent force such as described in Romans Chapter 7 may only be for certain parts of the body. Whatever calling God has given you, go do it.

That's a decent approach.

It is written in 2nd Corinthians (12:9) "I will boast of my weaknesses so Christ's power will rest on me."

The perception of a mystic malevolent force such as described in Romans Chapter 7 may only be for certain parts of the body. Whatever calling God has given you, go do it.

Thank you for contributing your comments, Frank. Romans Chapter 7? Not sure what you may be talking about there, vague memory reminds me of Paul wrestling around with his own flesh, and only Jesus saving him from his body of death by the spirit. Oh wretched man that I am.

Thank you for contributing your comments, Frank. Romans Chapter 7? Not sure what you may be talking about there, vague memory reminds me of Paul wrestling around with his own flesh, and only Jesus saving him from his body of death by the spirit. Oh wretched man that I am.
In that passage he says "it is no longer I who sin but the sin within me" thus distinguishing sin as separate from the creation.

In that passage he says "it is no longer I who sin but the sin within me" thus distinguishing sin as separate from the creation.
That definitely is something that I can vibe with. However I can't deny that sometimes things are done by my choice, or habit that needs to be renewed.

Romans 12
1 I call upon you, therefore, brethren, through the compassions of God, to present your bodies a sacrifice -- living, sanctified, acceptable to God -- your intelligent service;

2 and be not conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, for your proving what [is] the will of God -- the good, and acceptable, and perfect.

3 For I say, through the grace that was given to me, to every one who is among you, not to think above what it behoveth to think; but to think so as to think wisely, as to each God did deal a measure of faith,

That definitely is something that I can vibe with. However I can't deny that sometimes things are done by my choice, or habit that needs to be renewed.

Romans 12
1 I call upon you, therefore, brethren, through the compassions of God, to present your bodies a sacrifice -- living, sanctified, acceptable to God -- your intelligent service;

2 and be not conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, for your proving what [is] the will of God -- the good, and acceptable, and perfect.

3 For I say, through the grace that was given to me, to every one who is among you, not to think above what it behoveth to think; but to think so as to think wisely, as to each God did deal a measure of faith,
Indeed, do not be overcome of evil, but overcome evil through good.

You don't believe Satan is around anymore? When do you think he Departed?

You don't believe Satan is around anymore? When do you think he Departed?
Nope. The Bible says that he was done away with and I believe that. I believe it happened when Jesus came to get his bride, when Jerusalem was destroyed. There has the be a doing away of the old, for the new to come about, which is seen in Revelation 21,22.

There have been times in my life when I have prayed foolish prayers. When I have been hard pressed, I have cried out to God: “This much and no more, Lord. I can’t handle another setback. One more straw and I’m finished.” Guess what, I've made it through every time and it makes me think of that old saying if it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger.

God knows our limits far better than we do. I read recently that In one respect, we are very much like camels. When the camel’s load is heavy, he doesn’t ask his master for more weight. His knees get a bit wobbly and he groans beneath the burden. The promise of God is not that He will never give us more weight than we want to carry. The promise of God is that He will never put more on us than we can bear.

Paul tells us, “We are lightly pressed on every side.” He said that we are hard pressed. At first glance, these words seem in direct conflict with the promises of Christ but they actually work together.

Jesus Promised us “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light” Matt. 11:28–30

I've always loved that verse.

And you know it is precisely the presence and help of Christ in times of suffering that makes it possible for us to stand up under pressure. It was because of Christ that Paul could triumphantly declare that though he was hard pressed, he was not crushed.

Thank you for sharing that Az.

You remind me of a scripture that Paul also wrote, to the people at Corinth.

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God isfaithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
Prayer is a powerful connection with Yahava when one is faithfully desiring him to work inside of a person who is needing his help by the spirit.

“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4‬:‭6‬-‭7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Imagine the load on the camels back that desires to give all its burdens to Yahava.

Give your burdens to the LORD, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.

Back
Top Bottom