Seek and Save The Lost

Jesus said he came to seek and save the lost.

If everyone is lost by default, where does seeking com in?
He is speaking of His Elect, the Seed of Abraham, not all mankind. In that context when Jesus made that statement, He showed us who the Lost was for whom He came to seek and to save Lk 19:1-10

And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho.

2 And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich.

3 And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature.

4 And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way.

5 And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house.

6 And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully.

7 And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner.

8 And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord: Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.

9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Jesus came to seek and to save the seed of Abraham Heb 2:16-17

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

This isnt the natural seed of Abraham, but a Spiritual remnant chosen in Christ, that belongs to Him Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Thats who He came to seek and to save, He brings Salvation to their house as He did Zacchaeus

It comes in when God calls one to such a ministry. If one is not called to "save the lost" they should not actively seek the lost for that purpose. But one not called to "save the lost" should always be sensitive when the opportunity to speak to "the lost" presents itself and that is usually when the "season" presents itself.
Do you know when the "season" is?

This explains it perfectly. The Jewish leaders expected the Messiah to come and hang out with them not sinners, That is in tax collectors, Women caught in adultery, Which was the trump charge. Or people with leprosy.

I am sure when he got up that morning, Zacchaeus did not expect that before long he would be entertaining the Son of God in his own home.

As a rich, important, and chief tax-collector, he was an individual who was hated by the Jews, despised by the Romans, and was quite possibly a man who had been a swindler or a thief. But Jesus took time to come to him, to call to him, and to open up for him the path of salvation, for Jesus had come to seek and to save that which was lost.

No doubt God had been preparing the heart of this wealthy yet detested tax-collector, for God is able to discern the motives of every man, and this meeting with Christ brought a sinner to repentance when confronted with the incomparable perfection of the Son of Man.

How unlike the arrogant Pharisees who looked with such disdain on tax-collectors and sinners, and thanked God that they were so different from such 'offensive' people. These self-righteous men were so proud that they fasted twice a week, and paid tithes of all their cumin and dill. They were unswervingly righteous in their own unenlightened and petty little eyes, yet failed to act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly before God.

How different the Lord Jesus was from those critical Jewish leaders, who so readily accused the Lord Jesus of fraternising with tax-collectors and sinners! But that day, salvation came to the house of Zacchaeus, for the Son of Man came to seek and to save that which was lost.

God still knows the heart of man, and He is still seeking and saving those which are lost and bringing salvation to many souls who trust in Him by grace through faith.

My Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You that You came to seek and to save a lost sinner like me and for the amazing love and grace You have bestowed upon me. Thank You for forgiving my sins, for bringing salvation into my heart, and for making it Your dwelling place. Keep me humble in heart, meek in spirit, and submissive to Your Holy Spirit, and may I be used to Your greater glory in all I say and do today. In Jesus' name I pray, AMEN.

Source: https://dailyverse.knowing-jesus.com/luke-19-10

The "lost" are those chosen [from] before the foundation (creation) of the world.
They became "lost" when God blew the elect into the loins of Adam. They were contemplated in Him before He created heaven, earth, and man. This is where His foreknowledge of 'us' is found.

One cannot be redeemed unless they were first deemed (in Christ.)
One cannot be lost unless one was first with Him. God's elect does not seek Him. They are "lost." God must send forth His Spirit into their 'hearts' first before they can cry "Abba Father."

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: Rom. 8:15–16.

God makes the first move, and "we" respond.

The "lost" are those chosen [from] before the foundation (creation) of the world.
They became "lost" when God blew the elect into the loins of Adam. They were contemplated in Him before He created heaven, earth, and man. This is where His foreknowledge of 'us' is found.

One cannot be redeemed unless they were first deemed (in Christ.)
One cannot be lost unless one was first with Him. God's elect does not seek Him. They are "lost." God must send forth His Spirit into their 'hearts' first before they can cry "Abba Father."

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: Rom. 8:15–16.

God makes the first move, and "we" respond.
So your Ethnic Cleansing god forced ("blew") everyone to be lost in "loines of Adam"? Tell us more about your paganistic myths and fairy tales.

Easy

The heart is deceitful above all things,
And desperately wicked;
Who can know it?
I, the Lord, search the heart,
I test the mind,
Even to give every man according to his ways,
According to the fruit of his doings. - Jeremiah 17:10

Easy

The heart is deceitful above all things,
And desperately wicked;
Who can know it?
I, the Lord, search the heart,
I test the mind,
Even to give every man according to his ways,
According to the fruit of his doings. - Jeremiah 17:10
@The Rogue Tomato and @DavidTree in Scripture the "lost" always refers to God's elect people and does not refer to non-Hebrew Gentiles. In order to be redeemed one has to first be deemed by God and God does that in deeming His elect people in His Mind before He created heaven, earth, and man, and when God did create the universe and space-time and blowing into the nostrils of Adam is when God's elect became "lost" for they were no longer in the Mind of God a deemed people, but became "lost" (outside of God) when He blew His elect into the loins of Adam. Then He has to send a RE-deemer to save those Hebrews that are lost who are also the elect of God.

@The Rogue Tomato and @DavidTree in Scripture the "lost" always refers to God's elect people and does not refer to non-Hebrew Gentiles. In order to be redeemed one has to first be deemed by God and God does that in deeming His elect people in His Mind before He created heaven, earth, and man, and when God did create the universe and space-time and blowing into the nostrils of Adam is when God's elect became "lost" for they were no longer in the Mind of God a deemed people, but became "lost" (outside of God) when He blew His elect into the loins of Adam. Then He has to send a RE-deemer to save those Hebrews that are lost who are also the elect of God.
@The Rogue Tomato and @DavidTree in Scripture the "lost" always refers to God's elect people and does not refer to non-Hebrew Gentiles.

"For God is not willing that any(Jew & Gentile) should PERISH but that all(Jew & Gentile) come to REPENTANCE." = TRUE or false???

@The Rogue Tomato and @DavidTree in Scripture the "lost" always refers to God's elect people and does not refer to non-Hebrew Gentiles.

"For God is not willing that any(Jew & Gentile) should PERISH but that all(Jew & Gentile) come to REPENTANCE." = TRUE or false???
Pay attention to the context. Pay attention to who Peter is writing his letter to. He is writing to Jewish Christians:

1 SIMON Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: 2 Peter 1:1.

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any [of us-ward] should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9.

The "us-ward" are those who "have obtained like precious faith" meaning God's chosen elect and that means Jews/Jewish Christians.

If I wrote you a letter as a Christian and addressed it to you and those with you who have "obtained like precious faith" and in the middle of the letter I said, the Lord is not slack as some count slackness but is longsuffering "to us" and not willing that "us" should perish you would understand I was referring to me and you and those with you and not referring to everyone in your city you would understand I was talking about us believers.
Right?

Right!

So, get a clue and improve your reading comprehension because you sure are lacking in comprehend-sion.

Pay attention to the context. Pay attention to who Peter is writing his letter to. He is writing to Jewish Christians:

1 SIMON Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: 2 Peter 1:1.

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any [of us-ward] should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9.

The "us-ward" are those who "have obtained like precious faith" meaning God's chosen elect and that means Jews/Jewish Christians.

If I wrote you a letter as a Christian and addressed it to you and those with you who have "obtained like precious faith" and in the middle of the letter I said, the Lord is not slack as some count slackness but is longsuffering "to us" and not willing that "us" should perish you would understand I was referring to me and you and those with you and not referring to everyone in your city you would understand I was talking about us believers.
Right?

Right!

So, get a clue and improve your reading comprehension because you sure are lacking in comprehend-sion.
SIMON Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: 2 Peter 1:1.

Pay ATTENTION @jeremiah1five,

"to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: 2 Peter 1:1."

"to them that have obtained like precious faith with us = Jew & Gentile stand upon the ROCK
through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

i KNOW what you are trying to say but you are attempting to bring about God's Will thru the flesh, which MESSIAH condemned.
When you let go of the flesh and pray for forgiveness and to be filled with the Ruach HaKodesh, then Elohim will open your eyes to SEE who the Israel of God is, in the Hebrew Scriptures.

SIMON Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: 2 Peter 1:1.

Pay ATTENTION @jeremiah1five,

"to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: 2 Peter 1:1."

"to them that have obtained like precious faith with us = Jew & Gentile stand upon the ROCK
through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
The ONLY people that have the promises are the children of Israel. God gave nothing to Gentiles. This is why Saul said:

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. Gal. 4:4–5.

Christ redeemed those under the Law meaning the children of Israel. Gentiles were never and today are NOT in the Mosaic Covenant and under the Law of Moses. The sacrifice of Jesus Christ was made to keep the Promises God gave to Abraham and his seed and was substitute for the animal sacrifice that every year atoned for the sins of the children of Israel - NOT GENTILES.

You add to the bible and there is a curse for those that do that.
i KNOW what you are trying to say but you are attempting to bring about God's Will thru the flesh, which MESSIAH condemned.
When you let go of the flesh and pray for forgiveness and to be filled with the Ruach HaKodesh, then Elohim will open your eyes to SEE who the Israel of God is, in the Hebrew Scriptures.

Jesus came to seek and to save only the lost seed of Abraham, hence He says to Zacchaeus Lk 19:7-10

8 And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord: Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.

9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.

He came specifically for that fallen seed Heb 2:16-17

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

And this isn't about ethnic jews though some are included in this seed of Abraham.

Jesus came to seek and to save only the lost seed of Abraham, hence He says to Zacchaeus Lk 19:7-10

And the "lost" are those whose names are written by God in the book of life of the lamb slain from [before] the foundation (creation) of the world.
He came specifically for that fallen seed Heb 2:16-17

And this isn't about ethnic jews though some are included in this seed of Abraham.
Yes, He took on the seed of Abram the Hebrew in order to save the Hebrews:

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. Gal. 4:4–5.

@jeremiah1five

And the "lost" are those whose names are written by God in the book of life of the lamb slain from [before] the foundation (creation) of the world.

Yes not those whose names were not written in the Lambs Book of Life slain from the foundation of the world, even though they are lost.

Yes, He took on the seed of Abram the Hebrew in order to save the Hebrews:

False has nothing to do with ethnicity.

Has nothing to do with ethnicity, Paul is writing to a Gentile Church

Yes not those whose names were not written in the Lambs Book of Life slain from the foundation of the world, even though they are lost.
The Calvinist and the Judaizer fighting over who are in the Book of Life. The blind leading the blind.

Back
Top Bottom