Prophets that hated Gentiles.... is this the Gospel?

No, Israel existed but not as a nation with Laws. Once the Law of Moses/God was given THEN Israel became a nation.

There is no Scripture that supports your false narrative.

While Moses received the law they were dancing naked around a "golden calf". God even offered to kill everyone of them and create another NATION out of His own seed with Moses's Gentile wife. Moses held all their lives in his "own hand".

There is no Scripture that supports your false narrative.

While Moses received the law they were dancing naked around a "golden calf". God even offered to kill everyone of them and create another NATION out of His own seed with Moses's Gentile wife. Moses held all their lives in his "own hand".
The children of Israel had been in Egypt for 400 years. What came out of Egypt with Moses were a people so entrenched in Egyptian culture and false gods and not a word from God. They were a people who have lost their way completely, and maybe God wanted it this way. Seventy Hebrew souls ended up in Egypt, and nearly 4 million Hebrew souls were delivered out of Egypt. Can you even begin to appreciate these facts. Many Hebrews in 400 years made their graves in Egypt. But God told Abraham what was to happen to his descendants not more than four generations later. But God did not make a full end of them. The golden calf was an idol of worship in Egyptian culture. They knew nothing of God nor His ways. But all that was about to change. God knew what He was doing so instead of looking at what frail, sinful man was doing, keep your eyes on God and see some great and magnificent things to occur.

When the children of Israel moaned and groaned by reason of their bondage, they didn't cry out to God to help them. They didn't look up, they looked down under the weight of burdens upon their shoulders. But God had respect unto them. (but I thought God was not a respecter of persons??? Waaa?)

23 And it came to pass in process of time, that the king of Egypt died: and the children of Israel sighed by reason of the bondage, and they cried, and their cry came up unto God by reason of the bondage.
24 And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob. 25 And God looked upon the children of Israel, and God had respect unto them.
Ex 2:23–25.

What God put into the hand of Moses was an unruly, ungodly, bunch of semi-Egyptian culturally indued ruffians that knew not God nor even knew His name or that He existed.

The children of Israel had been in Egypt for 400 years. What came out of Egypt with Moses were a people so entrenched in Egyptian culture and false gods and not a word from God. They were a people who have lost their way completely, and maybe God wanted it this way. Seventy Hebrew souls ended up in Egypt,

Really? God used their sin to produce the DSS? You do realize that there are Aramaic and Greek scrolls included? Right?

The idea that God wanted them to sin is preposterous.

You said... "They were a people who have lost their way completely, and maybe God wanted it this way. "

What is the difference? Please detail the difference.
There are no surprises with God. He knows exactly what is in man. If God creates man sinful, which is what He did, and man sins as per his nature, does that mean God wanted man to sin by virtue of his creation?
How about turning someone over to their flesh so it might be destroyed on the day of Christ, does this mean God wants them to continue to sin? God's thoughts are not your thoughts and your thoughts do not see rightly the character of the God of the bible. God knew that bringing Moses up to the mountain the children of Israel would do what they did, what was recorded. Knowing this, by God bringing Moses upstairs does that mean God wanted them to sin? He could have left Moses in the valley and there would be no golden calf. They'd be a restless three million or so Hebrews, but then they would be without Law and there would be no covenant and no Holy Spirit of the Mosaic Covenant, and God needed the Holy Spirit which means it was necessary to bring Moses up knowing the kids would sin. Does THAT mean God wanted them to sin?
God is Sovereign. God is not affected by sin. When one of His kids' sins, He doesn't weep or mourn.
By saving someone and knowing they would still sin until the day they die, God can save someone and then take them on the spot before they sin. But because after being born-again and we live fifty more years in a sinful condition, by God leaving us alive for fifty years does that mean He wanted us to continue in sin?
The difference is how you see the God of the bible and how I see the God of the bible.
It is all part of the plan, and maybe you can see God wanting someone to sin because after they are saved He leaves them in their body of their death. Is God accused of wanting someone to sin because He didn't save them and take them immediately to keep them from their next sin?

But here's the difference between you and me.
You believe we are sinners because we sin, thus destroying the Doctrine of Imputation.
I believe we sin because we are sinners, thus upholding the Doctrine of Imputation.

It was also true that Gentiles hated the Jews, even to the point of warring against them and taking control of their land.
But the Jews never warred against Rome in its history or take control of Italy.
So, it follows that Gentiles had a greater hatred for Jews - God's people - than Jews did for Gentiles.

It was also true that Gentiles hated the Jews, even to the point of warring against them and taking control of their land.
But the Jews never warred against Rome in its history or take control of Italy.
So, it follows that Gentiles had a greater hatred for Jews - God's people - than Jews did for Gentiles.

I've been ignoring you hoping that some of the things I've said might "sink in".

All men hate one another to one degree or another. We've gotten into this "you're worse" argument for a reason. Such things are meant to "level the ground" at the "foot of the cross".

You don't realize it but is has never been my purpose to promote one man over another..... All men are in need of the Grace of God. All men are equal.

My battle is with the prideful. I cast down imaginations and any thought that exalts itself above the knowledge of God. I want you to be obedient to THE ONLY MAN worth praising. Jesus Christ and treat all your brothers in Adam equal sinners in need of the same.

I've been ignoring you hoping that some of the things I've said might "sink in".
Some of the things?
Try ALL of the things you said because we both know you posted this thread at/against me.
And it's interesting you quote 1 Kings 13:25ff and yet don't cover the whole story.

1 A man of God was sent to "Beth-el: and Jeroboam stood by the altar to burn incense. And he cried against the altar in the word of the LORD, and said, O altar, altar, thus saith the LORD; Behold, a child shall be born unto the house of David, Josiah by name; and upon thee shall he offer the priests of the high places that burn incense upon thee, and men’s bones shall be burnt upon thee.
3 And he gave a sign the same day, saying, This is the sign which the LORD hath spoken; Behold, the altar shall be rent, and the ashes that are upon it shall be poured out.
4 And it came to pass, when king Jeroboam heard the saying of the man of God, which had cried against the altar in Beth-el, that he put forth his hand from the altar, saying, Lay hold on him. And his hand, which he put forth against him, dried up, so that he could not pull it in again to him.
5 The altar also was rent, and the ashes poured out from the altar, according to the sign which the man of God had given by the word of the LORD.
6 And the king answered and said unto the man of God, Intreat now the face of the LORD thy God, and pray for me, that my hand may be restored me again. And the man of God besought the LORD, and the king’s hand was restored him again, and became as it was before.
1 Kings

The LORD sends a man of God to speak against evil king Jeroboam and he does. Jeroboam doesn't like it and tries to lay hold of the man of God, but the LORD dried up Jeroboam's hand. Jeroboam asks the man of God he had planned to 'lay hold of' to restore his hand and he does.

And the narrative continues:

7 And the king said unto the man of God, Come home with me, and refresh thyself, and I will give thee a reward.
8 And the man of God said unto the king, If thou wilt give me half thine house, I will not go in with thee, neither will I eat bread nor drink water in this place:
9 For so was it charged me by the word of the LORD, saying, Eat no bread, nor drink water, nor turn again by the same way that thou camest.
10 So he went another way, and returned not by the way that he came to Beth-el.
1 Ki 13:7–10.

King Jeroboam wanted the man of God to go back 'home' with him to give him a reward, but he had some evil planned for the man of God and he refused to go with the king and says the LORD had warned him about going with the king (vs. 9-10.)
But wait, there's more:

11 Now there dwelt an old prophet in Beth-el; and his sons came and told him all the works that the man of God had done that day in Beth-el: the words which he had spoken unto the king, them they told also to their father.
12 And their father said unto them, What way went he? For his sons had seen what way the man of God went, which came from Judah.
13 And he said unto his sons, Saddle me the ***. So they saddled him the ***: and he rode thereon,
14 And went after the man of God, and found him sitting under an oak: and he said unto him, Art thou the man of God that camest from Judah? And he said, I am.
15 Then he said unto him, Come home with me, and eat bread.
16 And he said, I may not return with thee, nor go in with thee: neither will I eat bread nor drink water with thee in this place:
17 For it was said to me by the word of the LORD, Thou shalt eat no bread nor drink water there, nor turn again to go by the way that thou camest.
1 Kings 13:11–17.

A twist to the story has an "old prophet" entering the narrative who found the man of God and asked him to go back to his house and "eat bread," but again the man of God refused. But look what follows:

18 He said unto him, I am a prophet also as thou art; and an angel spake unto me by the word of the LORD, saying, Bring him back with thee into thine house, that he may eat bread and drink water. But he lied unto him.
19 So he went back with him, and did eat bread in his house, and drank water.
20 And it came to pass, as they sat at the table, that the word of the LORD came unto the prophet that brought him back:
21 And he cried unto the man of God that came from Judah, saying, Thus saith the LORD, Forasmuch as thou hast disobeyed the mouth of the LORD, and hast not kept the commandment which the LORD thy God commanded thee, 22 But camest back, and hast eaten bread and drunk water in the place, of the which the LORD did say to thee, Eat no bread, and drink no water; thy carcase shall not come unto the sepulchre of thy fathers.
1 Kings 13:18–22.

And so, the story ends:

23 And it came to pass, after he had eaten bread, and after he had drunk, that he saddled for him the ***, to wit, for the prophet whom he had brought back.
24 And when he was gone, a lion met him by the way, and slew him: and his carcass was cast in the way, and the *** stood by it, the lion also stood by the carcass.
1 Kings 13:23–24.

The moral of the story? One must be careful to obey God and not man, especially when man does not say the same thing as God.

19 But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.
20 For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.
Acts 4:19–20.
All men hate one another to one degree or another. We've gotten into this "you're worse" argument for a reason. Such things are meant to "level the ground" at the "foot of the cross".
Sorry. I don't hate in either "one degree of another." But then I don't love those who are not my true brethren, either.
I love those who are my true brethren as commanded by the LORD. And I don't give that which is holy (God's love) to dogs (non-covenant/unbelievers.)
Do you know the LORD'S command and instruction in who His people are to love, yes or no?
You don't realize it but is has never been my purpose to promote one man over another..... All men are in need of the Grace of God. All men are equal. My battle is with the prideful. I cast down imaginations and any thought that exalts itself above the knowledge of God.
But before you can do that you HAVE TO KNOW the Word of God.
I want you to be obedient to THE ONLY MAN worth praising.
If you would understand my words as written and stop reading things into those words that are just not there or meant, then you'll come away with a better understanding of me.
Jesus Christ and treat all your brothers in Adam equal sinners in need of the same.
I have no brothers in Adam. I have brothers in Christ and that's all.
One is natural, and from below.
The other is the Lord from heaven (and above.)
You can learn a lot from me. The pride you say I have is not in me, it's in you.
I told you earlier I have no pride, but you didn't believe me.
I am not a liar. Learn to take my words at face value as written.

I have no brothers in Adam. I have brothers in Christ and that's all.
One is natural, and from below.
The other is the Lord from heaven (and above.)
You can learn a lot from me. The pride you say I have is not in me, it's in you.
I told you earlier I have no pride, but you didn't believe me.
I am not a liar. Learn to take my words at face value as written.

I see it didn't...........

WE are brothers in Adam. You and I. You don't know yourself. Your words are just like Caan.

Take it as you will. I'm not going to get into a "I'm humbler than you argument"....

It is good that you're not trying to "filibuster" anymore. It is good to take this "slow".. and line by line.

1. Define what you mean by a Hebrew nation?

There is land associated with promises to Abraham. Temporal land and Eternal land. Christ Jesus alone owns BOTH.

2. Pay attention to what you read. Read verse #1 again.

Zec 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

What is this day called? As you always do, you are dishonoring The King. The ONLY wise Potentate.

1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

It is not the day of the "Hebrews". It is the day of the Lord.

I'm not wrong.
But you are wrong! What part of gentiles and nations that you don't understand?
In your case, I think the elevator works but the lights don't come on.

So the sign of Jonah must've been more than the boat journey.

It's about people believing in God despite the messengers being racist.
The sign of Jonah was an eclipse that occurred over Nineveh at the same time Jonah preached to them.
The sun became dark, and this was perfect timing for they all repented at the preaching of Jonah. They saw a sign in the heavens, and they repented. I suppose one can say they repented in darkness when the saw the light.
Go figure.

There are no surprises with God. He knows exactly what is in man. If God creates man sinful, which is what He did, and man sins as per his nature, does that mean God wanted man to sin by virtue of his creation?
How about turning someone over to their flesh so it might be destroyed on the day of Christ, does this mean God wants them to continue to sin? God's thoughts are not your thoughts and your thoughts do not see rightly the character of the God of the bible. God knew that bringing Moses up to the mountain the children of Israel would do what they did, what was recorded. Knowing this, by God bringing Moses upstairs does that mean God wanted them to sin? He could have left Moses in the valley and there would be no golden calf. They'd be a restless three million or so Hebrews, but then they would be without Law and there would be no covenant and no Holy Spirit of the Mosaic Covenant, and God needed the Holy Spirit which means it was necessary to bring Moses up knowing the kids would sin. Does THAT mean God wanted them to sin?
God is Sovereign. God is not affected by sin. When one of His kids' sins, He doesn't weep or mourn.
By saving someone and knowing they would still sin until the day they die, God can save someone and then take them on the spot before they sin. But because after being born-again and we live fifty more years in a sinful condition, by God leaving us alive for fifty years does that mean He wanted us to continue in sin?
The difference is how you see the God of the bible and how I see the God of the bible.
It is all part of the plan, and maybe you can see God wanting someone to sin because after they are saved He leaves them in their body of their death. Is God accused of wanting someone to sin because He didn't save them and take them immediately to keep them from their next sin?

But here's the difference between you and me.
You believe we are sinners because we sin, thus destroying the Doctrine of Imputation.
I believe we sin because we are sinners, thus upholding the Doctrine of Imputation.
Joh 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Joh 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
Here is something for you to chew on:

6 Add thou not unto his words,
Lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
Prov. 30:6.

Before the false teaching of the "Fall" by eating of the forbidden tree, Adam and the woman were already sinners when they added to God's Word:

3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. Gen. 3:2–3.

Lying is a sin.

They sinned because they were sinners and if sinners before the so-called "Fall" then that teaching is heresy and wrong. False doctrine for how many centuries?

Here is something for you to chew on:

6 Add thou not unto his words,
Lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
Prov. 30:6.

Before the false teaching of the "Fall" by eating of the forbidden tree, Adam and the woman were already sinners when they added to God's Word:

3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. Gen. 3:2–3.

Lying is a sin.

They sinned because they were sinners and if sinners before the so-called "Fall" then that teaching is heresy and wrong. False doctrine for how many centuries?
I agree totally with your post!

Back
Top Bottom