Love one another. As I have loved you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Every Christian form I've ever been on the members disrespect each other day in and day out. I call it walking in the flesh. Oh yes I've been guilty of being quite good at it. The Holy Spirit helped me realize how my behavior towards my brothers in Christ is going against what Jesus called me to do. I wasn't alone in that change of behavior my partner in this forum was going through the exact same thing. And that's how we came up with our goal and vision for this forum. We're going to keep working on our goals to provide A safe loving and caring place to share our faith. Part of that is not allowing posters to disrespect or call each other names. We expect our members to follow the rules that they agreed to when they joined BAM. All we're asking is be polite and follow the rules.

It is sad when Christians fall short of the standards of etiquette that the world has come to take for granted. As Christians, we need not feel out of place in terms of the natural graces that are expected between human beings because hopefully we have been taught to be courteous.

Paul says this: “Love has good manners. Love is courteous. Love is not rude.” Replay some of the recent tapes in your mind of your conversations with your wife, husband, or parents. How effectively you communicated the truth is not the issue. All of us can get our point across, but you can say all of the right things and say them in the wrong way. We need to examine ourselves before God. Is our love rude or is it courteous? And when we find out the answer, the good news is that God communicates this to us not so He can put us under a load of guilt and conviction, but so He can show us a better way! Courtesy is the better way. May God help us apply it to our hearts.

Last edited:
Every Christian form I've ever been on the members disrespect each other day in and day out. I call it walking in the flesh. Oh yes I've been guilty of being quite good at it. The Holy Spirit helped me realize how my behavior towards my brothers in Christ is going against what Jesus called me to do. I wasn't alone in that change of behavior my partner in this forum was going through the exact same thing. And that's how we came up with our goal and vision for this forum. We're going to keep working on our goals to provide A safe loving and caring place to share our faith. Part of that is not allowing posters to disrespect or call each other names. We expect our members to follow the rules that they agreed to when they joined BAM. All we're asking is be polite and follow the rules.

It is sad when Christians fall short of the standards of etiquette that the world has come to take for granted. As Christians, we need not feel out of place in terms of the natural graces that are expected between human beings because hopefully we have been taught to be courteous.

Paul says this: “Love has good manners. Love is courteous. Love is not rude.” Replay some of the recent tapes in your mind of your conversations with your wife, husband, or parents. How effectively you communicated the truth is not the issue. All of us can get our point across, but you can say all of the right things and say them in the wrong way. We need to examine ourselves before God. Is our love rude or is it courteous? And when we find out the answer, the good news is that God communicates this to us not so He can put us under a load of guilt and conviction, but so He can show us a better way! Courtesy is the better way. May God help us apply it to our hearts.
I had to give this one a bump /\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom