How Biblical are you feeling today?

Frank Russell

Since being biblical is a measure a lot of people use in church circles, the question (of this thread) is:

How biblical are you feeling today?

I was wondering, if it is not possible to feel biblical, then are we always sinning?

We have a feeling to help the poor or someone who needs it, and this seems biblical, but alongside it is a feeling to self congratulate, and other feelings.

Can one take captive the emotions as the thoughts?

Can we feel biblical?

I was wondering, if it is not possible to feel biblical, then are we always sinning?

We have a feeling to help the poor or someone who needs it, and this seems biblical, but alongside it is a feeling to self congratulate, and other feelings.

Can one take captive the emotions as the thoughts?
Yes, but it starts more with focusing our thinking on the things Paul described in Philippians 4:6-9, Romans 8:4-8, what David said in Psalm 1, Psalm 19:1-5, what Joshua was instructed in Joshua 1:9, and what Jeremiah was given, Jeremiah 17:5-10, then what Isaiah sang about in Isaiah 26:3-4.
And while you're thinking about your response, I remember a long time ago being given this, and refusing, because I was angry, and frustrated.
After years of even worse anger and frustration, I finally capitulated, and agreed.
It wasn't perfect success right off. It took a lot of praying out of irritation and anger. But over time, I came to realize that the Holy Spirit was doing exactly what Jesus says he would.... bring to my remembrance. John 14:26, 16:12-15.
I slowly began to feel like I was the scribe of the kingdom, in Matthew 13:52. At times I'd realize that if I began to do it early in my day, there'd be peace throughout my day.
Thanksgiving and praise are important. Telling yourself the gospel- Jesus died, and was raised again and is coming again to deliver me from this world, and my wretchedness... helps... daily!
So... as God promises shalom shalom... aka, perfect peace... ask Him to remind you. And when you realize that you have forgotten, confess it, and ask him to remind you again... and again..... and again...
please read Psalm 50:15.
Also.. Psalm 111:10, 147:11, 25:14

Can we feel biblical?
Can we "feel" biblical?
I suppose.
That's not a term I'd heard used before.
There are days I feel more spiritual than others.

Please also read 2 Peter 1:2-13, with emphasis on each segment... vss 2-4, 5-8, 9, 10-11, and 12-13.

Then please read Titus 2:11-14

And then back to Romans 8:4-9.

By focusing your thinking on spiritual things, you can experience an increase in shalom shalom ! Isaiah 26:3-4.

And apparently... by focusing our thinking on God, and his word, we are trusting him.

Grace and Peace be with you.
In Christ,

Num 6:24-27 WEB 24 ‘Yahweh bless you, and keep you. 25 Yahweh make his face to shine on you, and be gracious to you. 26 Yahweh lift up his face toward you, and give you peace.’ 27 “So they shall put my name on the children of Israel; and I will bless them.”

It's not what you feel it's what you do. What did Jesus tell the rich young ruler? " If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

So if you want to Be biblical get up and have some impact on the kingdom of God. You can do some volunteer work. Donate food to a food ministry. Get into service.

It's not what you feel it's what you do. What did Jesus tell the rich young ruler? " If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

So if you want to Be biblical get up and have some impact on the kingdom of God. You can do some volunteer work. Donate food to a food ministry. Get into service.

While this is true, what Jesus did was deliberately require something Jesus knew the rich young ruler was incapable of doing. The ultimate point was that the answer to the question, "Who, then can be saved?" is "With man it is impossible. It requires an act of God."

Back
Top Bottom