Exposing Unacceptable Tactics

The ignore feature is probably the best solution since the basis of the forum is promoting freedom of speech.

There will always be someone wrong on the internet.
Agreed if there is a person that you do not like, or they offend you in some way then by all means ignore them and do not engage them.

I recently offended a person that I invited here who is still a very active poster that PM me and said that he was placing me on permanent ignore. All I did was give another POV to his post and it was enough for him to place me on ignore. I respected his wishes and do not quote him anymore. I still read his threads and posts because I like most all of them. The old me would of trolled him until he left the forum when I was back on CARM.

We don't have to like each other but we can respect the wishes of others if they do not want to engage us. And hopefully none of us are trying to make things personal with those we disagree with theologically. There are many people here that I personally disagree with theologically- unitarians, oneness, catholics, calvinists and others but I must remember to defend my beliefs, share them without attacking the person with ad hominems and causing unnecessary division. Make a case against their position while respecting them as an individual.

Agreed if there is a person that you do not like, or they offend you in some way then by all means ignore them and do not engage them.

I recently offended a person that I invited here who is still a very active poster that PM me and said that he was placing me on permanent ignore. All I did was give another POV to his post and it was enough for him to place me on ignore. I respected his wishes and do not quote him anymore. I still read his threads and posts because I like most all of them. The old me would of trolled him until he left the forum when I was back on CARM.

We don't have to like each other but we can respect the wishes of others if they do not want to engage us. And hopefully none of us are trying to make things personal with those we disagree with theologically. There are many people here that I personally disagree with theologically- unitarians, oneness, catholics, calvinists and others but I must remember to defend my beliefs, share them without attacking the person with ad hominems and causing unnecessary division. Make a case against their position while respecting them as an individual.
Well said brother-but I enjoy having a "toe to toe" with you-sometimes.

Well said brother-but I enjoy having a "toe to toe" with you-sometimes.
Don't get me wrong, I Iove apologetics and I'm very passionate about what I believe and why I believe it but I must respect those I disagree with and not make it personal. Attack their arguments but not them. Know what you believe, why you believe it and respect those who we disagree with. I love you brother even though we are on opposite ends with PSA for example. And hopefully you don't think I'm attacking you but your position. Sometimes its not easy to do but that is my personal goal here is to follow the golden rule and in the essentials unity, the non essentials liberty and in all things charity.

Hello there, :)

The one thing I used to find hard to take is being wrongfully accused, or misunderstood: and there are those who use this as a tactic to undermine and discredit in order to diminish you, and thereby weaken, or make void, what you have to say.

I have been a participant on Christian forums for a long time, and have learned to keep my own responses as impersonal as possible, by concentrating on the subject in hand, and ignoring negative remarks. When I first started out I felt as though I was entering shark infested waters, the opposition was so fierce, especially when it became obvious, by my entries, that I was an Acts 28 dispensationalist: and I found it hard to cast off what was said to me, but I find you get what you give. If you are polite and treat people with respect the majority will respond in kind.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hello there, :)

The one thing I used to find hard to take is being wrongfully accused, or misunderstood: and there are those who use this as a tactic to undermine and discredit in order to diminish you, and thereby weaken, or make void, what you have to say.

I have been a participant on Christian forums for a long time, and have learned to keep my own responses as impersonal as possible, by concentrating on the subject in hand, and ignoring negative remarks. When I first started out I felt as though I was entering shark infested waters, the opposition was so fierce, especially when it became obvious, by my entries, that I was an Acts 28 dispensationalist: and I found it hard to cast off what was said to me, but I find you get what you give. If you are polite and treat people with respect the majority will respond in kind.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Iron sharpens iron-especially those with leadership qualities-trained in the Yeshiva of YHVH and the Holy Spirit.
Powerful words-powerful post.

There is such a thing as unacceptable tactics for moderation, and it is not just a one way street. The whole idea of JUST calling out the posters and leaving the moderation team "untouchable" is ALREADY an unacceptable tactic. As if any human is completely unbiased.

Banning, slicing up posts, threatening and controlling the overall narrative based on a biased and unequally enforced opinion, instead of fairly and spiritually looking at the big picture and the spirit and intent from a Biblical perspective. Then calling it black and white and proclaiming that the moderation's opinion is alone that of God Almighty, this is not a godly call of leadership, but an abuse of a position of power, letting the flesh dictate by feelings, and the same abuse perpetuated on Carm.

I don't support the banning of EclipseEventSigns even though he unfairly reported and unjustly banned me. And it was this same abuse of power that led me to leave this forum in the first place when a poster named Newbirth was unfairly baited to respond to a topic that he was known to be passionate about, yet happened to be in the "wrong" subforum. And then to make a rule like Nazi Germany that no one in a position to enforce rules of morality can EVER be criticized openly in ANY way is an unacceptable tactic of unilateral dictatorship.

I am more than willing to face any ACTUAL mistreatment or abuse I may have perpetrated on fellow posters. But a temptation or pull for moderation to target someone and just react in feelings because they have the power to do it, is not somehow excusable, either.
Are you OK brother?

There is such a thing as unacceptable tactics for moderation, and it is not just a one way street. The whole idea of JUST calling out the posters and leaving the moderation team "untouchable" is ALREADY an unacceptable tactic. As if any human is completely unbiased.

Banning, slicing up posts, threatening and controlling the overall narrative based on a biased and unequally enforced opinion, instead of fairly and spiritually looking at the big picture and the spirit and intent from a Biblical perspective. Then calling it black and white and proclaiming that the moderation's opinion is alone that of God Almighty, this is not a godly call of leadership, but an abuse of a position of power, letting the flesh dictate by feelings, and the same abuse perpetuated on Carm.

I don't support the banning of EclipseEventSigns even though he unfairly reported and unjustly banned me. And it was this same abuse of power that led me to leave this forum in the first place when a poster named Newbirth was unfairly baited to respond to a topic that he was known to be passionate about, yet happened to be in the "wrong" subforum. And then to make a rule like Nazi Germany that no one in a position to enforce rules of morality can EVER be criticized openly in ANY way is an unacceptable tactic of unilateral dictatorship.

I am more than willing to face any ACTUAL mistreatment or abuse I may have perpetrated on fellow posters. But a temptation or pull for moderation to target someone and just react in feelings because they have the power to do it, is not somehow excusable, either.
I banned him and there are numerous complaints that you are unaware if on this forum. When I get lied about and it’s spreads in other websites and people just want to stir up trouble they can go somewhere else . Disagree with me all you want doctrinally just don’t get personal. And especially after several warnings and PM filled with personal attacks then there is no other solution but a permanent ban. That’s on the poster who refuses to follow the rules.

And if you don’t like it here then go find any forum more liberal than we are here tolerating rule violations more than any other forum.

You and I have discussed this before. And I’m dealing with certain posters now that the other moderators don’t want to deal with so instead of banning I’m trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. But there comes a time when it persists that like in a marriage you might have irreconcilable differences and must part ways. I hope it never comes to that with any members here. But we must lookout for the health and benefit of everyone.

People get suspended in school, fired from jobs, put in jail , prison because they don’t play by the rules.

I have only permanently banned one person and have banned a couple people for a couple days. When they have returned they have stopped the things that caused the ban.

And btw I don’t like moderation, I like posting and apologetics.

FYI- you vented now and let’s drop it and discuss scriptures, not each other and not the moderators here. You agreed to the rules. What good are rules that don’t get enforced. I personally don’t like to do that to anyone.

Back
Top Bottom