Experiencing the Love of God

Hosanna

37 Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors and gain a surpassing victory through Him Who loved us.
38 For I am persuaded beyond doubt (am sure) that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things impending and threatening nor things to come, nor powers,
39 Nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:37–39

In this passage the Apostle Paul assures us that regardless of what may come against us in this life, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ Who loved us enough to give His life for us.

In John 3:16 Jesus Himself says, ♥ “For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.”

Jesus loves you, personally, so much that He would have given His life for you, even if you had been the only person on earth.

John the Beloved Disciple tells us that ♥ “there is no fear in love [dread does not exist], but full-grown (complete, perfect) love turns fear out of doors and expels every trace of terror! For fear brings with it the thought of punishment, and [so] he who is afraid has not reached the full maturity of love [is not yet grown into love’s complete perfection]” (I JOHN 4:18).

When we have fear in our hearts, that is a sign that we still lack the knowledge of how much God loves us.

If you know the magnitude of God’s love, it will cause all of your fears to fade away.

In John 16:27 Jesus said, ♥ “For the Father Himself [tenderly] loves you because you have loved Me and have believed that I came out from the Father.”

Is it difficult for you to believe that God cares so much about you? For many years I was unable to receive God’s love for me because I thought I had to be worthy of His love. But now I know He loves me, even though I still have imperfections.

In John 14:21 Jesus reminds us, ♥ “The person who has My commands and keeps them is the one who [really] loves Me; and whoever [really] loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I [too] will love him and will show (reveal, manifest) Myself to him. [I will let Myself be clearly seen by him and make Myself real to him.]”

Jesus wants to make Himself real to you.

Obedience is a fruit of true love, but you will never be able to love God enough to obey Him unless you first receive His love for you. You cannot earn it. You cannot buy it with good works, or purchase it with good behavior. God’s love is a free gift; it is unconditional. It comes to us through the sacrifice that Jesus made when He died for us on the cross.

Receive God’s love right now. Sit in His presence and say, “I believe You love me, Lord, and I receive Your love.” In 1 John 4:19 we read, ♥“We love Him, because He first loved us.” Perhaps you have been going about it backwards as I did for so many years. You may be trying to love God enough and do enough so He will then love you in return. But look at 1 John 4:19 again, ♥“We love Him, because He first loved us.”

David was confident of God’s love when he said in Psalm 36:7, ♥“How precious is Your steadfast love, O God! The children of men take refuge and put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.” I would like to share with you passages of Psalm 139. David had a unique way of communicating with God, and we would do well to follow his example. Confess with your mouth the words of this psalm:

♥ O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit or stand. When far away you know my every thought. You chart the path ahead of me, and tell me where to stop and rest. Every moment, you know where I am. You know what I am going to say before I even say it. You both precede and follow me, and place your hand of blessing on my head. This is too glorious, too wonderful to believe! I can never be lost to your Spirit! I can never get away from my God!.… How precious it is, Lord, to realize that you are thinking about me constantly! I can’t even count how many times a day your thoughts turn towards me. And when I waken in the morning, you are still thinking of me!

37 Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors and gain a surpassing victory through Him Who loved us.
38 For I am persuaded beyond doubt (am sure) that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things impending and threatening nor things to come, nor powers,
39 Nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

In this passage the Apostle Paul assures us that regardless of what may come against us in this life, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ Who loved us enough to give His life for us.

In John 3:16 Jesus Himself says, ♥ “For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.”

Jesus loves you, personally, so much that He would have given His life for you, even if you had been the only person on earth.

John the Beloved Disciple tells us that ♥ “there is no fear in love [dread does not exist], but full-grown (complete, perfect) love turns fear out of doors and expels every trace of terror! For fear brings with it the thought of punishment, and [so] he who is afraid has not reached the full maturity of love [is not yet grown into love’s complete perfection]” (I JOHN 4:18).

When we have fear in our hearts, that is a sign that we still lack the knowledge of how much God loves us.

If you know the magnitude of God’s love, it will cause all of your fears to fade away.

In John 16:27 Jesus said, ♥ “For the Father Himself [tenderly] loves you because you have loved Me and have believed that I came out from the Father.”

Is it difficult for you to believe that God cares so much about you? For many years I was unable to receive God’s love for me because I thought I had to be worthy of His love. But now I know He loves me, even though I still have imperfections.

In John 14:21 Jesus reminds us, ♥ “The person who has My commands and keeps them is the one who [really] loves Me; and whoever [really] loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I [too] will love him and will show (reveal, manifest) Myself to him. [I will let Myself be clearly seen by him and make Myself real to him.]”

Obedience is a fruit of true love, but you will never be able to love God enough to obey Him unless you first receive His love for you. You cannot earn it. You cannot buy it with good works, or purchase it with good behavior. God’s love is a free gift; it is unconditional. It comes to us through the sacrifice that Jesus made when He died for us on the cross.

Receive God’s love right now. Sit in His presence and say, “I believe You love me, Lord, and I receive Your love.” In 1 John 4:19 we read, ♥“We love Him, because He first loved us.” Perhaps you have been going about it backwards as I did for so many years. You may be trying to love God enough and do enough so He will then love you in return. But look at 1 John 4:19 again, ♥“We love Him, because He first loved us.”

David was confident of God’s love when he said in Psalm 36:7, ♥“How precious is Your steadfast love, O God! The children of men take refuge and put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.” I would like to share with you passages of Psalm 139. David had a unique way of communicating with God, and we would do well to follow his example. Confess with your mouth the words of this psalm:

♥ O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit or stand. When far away you know my every thought. You chart the path ahead of me, and tell me where to stop and rest. Every moment, you know where I am. You know what I am going to say before I even say it. You both precede and follow me, and place your hand of blessing on my head. This is too glorious, too wonderful to believe! I can never be lost to your Spirit! I can never get away from my God!.… How precious it is, Lord, to realize that you are thinking about me constantly! I can’t even count how many times a day your thoughts turn towards me. And when I waken in the morning, you are still thinking of me!
The wondrous love of our Savior of the whole world . Will you put your faith in Him today and become a child of God. That’s what He desires us for all mankind to be saved, repent and come to a knowledge of the truth . Amen . The gospel is for everyone as the great commission teaches from Jesus.

My love reproduces in you.

John 15:12
This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you.

In the same way that I have loved My Son, Jesus, He has loved you. And the calling of every son and daughter of mine is to simply love others with that same love too. If you do that, you will fulfill the greatest commandment of all, and My heart will be satisfied.

Of course in this process of receiving My love, I want you to extend that same love to yourself before you share it with others. For if you are unable to love yourself as I love you, it will be difficult for you to pass on My goodness to those you meet.

So take in all the love I have for you today dear one. Don't be timid, open your heart so I can pour out a never ending stream of My affection to you by My Spirit. And as you become filled to the full measure of My fullness, My love will flow out of you to those around you who desperately need to know what My love is really like.

My love enriches you.

Ephesians 2:4
But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, NLT

I want to overwhelm you today with the abundant riches of My mercy dear child. For My goodness has no end and My love for you stretches beyond the heavens. If you would dare to believe this to be true, My Spirit will make these things known to you in the very depths of your heart.

And in simply receiving a deeper revelation of My love just like a little child would, the roots of My love will be able to go deeper into the soil of your heart than ever before. For this is why you were created... To be the object of My eternal affection. The pearl of greatest price that I would gladly sacrifice everything for.

My beloved Son, Jesus, proved this for you when He died on a cross two thousand years ago. There was no higher price that I could pay to secure your salvation back then and there is no higher price I could pay right now. So just receive a fresh outpouring of My love in this very moment, for it is as easy as breathing.

Experiencing the Love of God ...

I thought this was going to be a personal testimonial thread. :cry:

This was beautiful. I needed to read this today so thank you.

My love waits for you.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. NLT

I want you to know how patient I am today dear one. For the very essence of My nature continually watches and waits for My children to come home. Just like in the story of the prodigal son, I am always waiting and watching for the return of a little one that has strayed far from home.

So be encouraged to know that I am patient with you too. I know the end from the beginning so I am not in any way frustrated or impatient about your progress in this life. For I understand you more than you could possibly imagine, and I patiently wait for you to come to Me.

My desire for you today is that you would know that My love does not judge you in any way. I understand you and I am willing to wait as long as it takes. For I know that one day, you will awaken to the reality that I am waiting for you with My arms open wide, ready to run to pick you up in your time of need.

My love has seeded in you.

1 John 3:9
Everyone who is truly God’s child will refuse to keep sinning because God’s seed remains within him, and he is unable to continue sinning because he has been fathered by God himself. TPT

When you were reborn into My family dear child, I placed My own seed within you. And that sperm seed continues to conform you into the image of My beloved Son, Jesus. For you are as He is. He is in you and you are in Him. And the holy union that you have in Christ, has secured an unbreakable union with Me through My Spirit.

So simply yield to the love I have for you today dear one. And let the roots of My love continue to grow deeper into the soil of your heart. For as you simply surrender to My fathering, you will be parented in every good thing and you will grow up into the spectacular one-of-a-kind creation that I designed you to be.

And in this place of learning to live from your new heart, My Holy Spirit will direct you and empower you to be all I created you to be.

My love guards you.

2 Thessalonians 3:3
But the Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you and guard you from the evil one.

My protective love is always keeping you safe dear child, for I am watching over you day and night. Even though you may be unaware of My abiding protection at times, I want you to know I am always with you, shielding you and insulating you from harm.

If you would have eyes to see in the realm of My Kingdom today, you will know this is true. For My love is always guarding you in the secret place of My heart, under the shadow of My wing. For that is what loving parents do for their children. And I am the biggest, best Dad in the universe.

So I don't want you to live in fear and I don't want you to be preoccupied with the evil one. He has no power to hurt you. Just sink into My loving arms that are wrapped tightly around you and rest in My promise to hold you close. And in this place of complete safety and security, you can rest in My love.

Love is not only at the head of the list of the fruit of the Spirit, but love is involved in every one of the graces that are listed in the fruit of the Spirit. If we put all of the virtues of the fruit of the Spirit next to all of the things that are said about love in 1 Corinthians 13, we see how they interconnect.

If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

The next virtue after love is joy. The strength of love is joy. That means in the Word of God, joy and love are related. In 1 Corinthians 13 we find that love “does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth” (v. 6).

When you look at the passage on the fruit of the Spirit, you discover the security of love is peace. Love “thinks no evil” (1 Corinthians 13:5).

The stability of love is longsuffering. “Love suffers long and...is not provoked...bears all things...endures all things” (vv. 4–7). The sobriety of love is gentleness. Love “does not behave rudely” (v. 5). Love is always a gentleperson.

The simplicity of love is goodness. “Love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up” (v. 4).

The surety of love is faith. Love “believes all things, hopes all things” (v. 7). The selflessness of love is meekness. Love “does not seek its own” (v. 5).

The self-control of love is temperance. Love “is not provoked” (v. 5).

This is a wonderful exercise in understanding this truth: the love of God is that which permeates every other phrase in our lives. Whatever we have in our lives that is part of the fruit of the Spirit is colored by love. Love is the fundamental virtue of the Christian experience.

Back
Top Bottom