Crucified with Christ and dead to sin

Nope all are sinners, in Adam all died
1 Cor 15 is about the elect, they lived naturally then spiritually 1 Cor 15 46

Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

The reprobate non elect aren't in view at all

sorry you remain in error

I have been crucified with Christ (Χριστῳ συνεσταυρωμαι [Christōi sunestaurōmai]). One of Paul’s greatest mystical sayings. Perfect passive indicative of συσταυροω [sustauroō] with the associative instrumental case (Χριστῳ [Christōi]).

A.T. Robertson, Word Pictures in the New Testament (Nashville, TN: Broadman Press, 1933), Ga 2:20.

Greek
I have been crucified with
συνεσταύρωμαι (synestaurōmai)
Verb - Perfect Indicative Middle or Passive - 1st Person Singular
Strong's 4957: To crucify together with. From sun and stauroo; to impale in company with.

sorry you remain in error

I have been crucified with Christ (Χριστῳ συνεσταυρωμαι [Christōi sunestaurōmai]). One of Paul’s greatest mystical sayings. Perfect passive indicative of συσταυροω [sustauroō] with the associative instrumental case (Χριστῳ [Christōi]).

A.T. Robertson, Word Pictures in the New Testament (Nashville, TN: Broadman Press, 1933), Ga 2:20.

Greek
I have been crucified with
συνεσταύρωμαι (synestaurōmai)
Verb - Perfect Indicative Middle or Passive - 1st Person Singular
Strong's 4957: To crucify together with. From sun and stauroo; to impale in company with.
https://berean-apologetics.communit...-christ-and-dead-to-sin.359/page-2#post-81552

According to the Bible, believers are said to be “crucified with Christ” in a spiritual sense. This concept is rooted in the idea that through faith in Christ, believers are united with Him in His death and resurrection. This union is described in Galatians 2:20, which states, “I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me.”

This spiritual crucifixion with Christ means that believers have been freed from the power of sin and are no longer slaves to its desires. As the Bible says in Romans 6:6, “Knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.”

In this sense, believers are said to have died with Christ and have been raised with Him to new life. This new life is characterized by a life of obedience to God and a desire to follow Christ’s example. As the Bible says in 2 Timothy 2:11, “It is said, ‘If anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize. He who competes for the prize is not crowned unless he runs the race in accordance with the rules.’”

The concept of being “crucified with Christ” is a powerful reminder of the transformative power of faith in Christ. It emphasizes the idea that believers are not just individuals who have made a decision for Christ, but are rather united with Him in a deep and profound way.

AI-generated answer.

You better since it’s nothing but scriptures :)
Yea. Scripture is 100% trustworthy as absolute truth. But people quote scripture and then make statements about what it says that are off truth; It is the Spirit who takes scripture and makes its truth alive to us. Intellect goes a short distance. A memorized verse is a good thing, but a Spirit taught truth from that scripture is what we are after.

1 Cor 15 is about the elect,

The elect according to fore-knowledge.

Not according to predestined..... = John The Devil Calvin's Theology.

No one is pre-destined to be born again, or to be chosen to go to heaven.

Whereas, all who are Born again are pre-destined to become "conformed into the image of Christ".

The elect according to fore-knowledge.

Not according to predestined..... = John The Devil Calvin's Theology.

No one is pre-destined to be born again, or to be chosen to go to heaven.

Whereas, all who are Born again are pre-destined to become "conformed into the image of Christ".
Yes they are the elect according to foreknowledge of God and predestination.

Its the Gospel, you just reject it

To call Calvin's doctrine of devils "the Gospel" proves that you have an issue that Truth is not going to resolved for you ...@brightfame52

You dont even have the mental clarity required..... to realize...... that you are not here teaching Christ, or Paul... or NT... you are only teaching CALVINISM.

And that is because you believe that CALVINISM is Truth

That is "mind Blinded" behavior that Paul teaches as...."WHO, has bewitched... you, that YOU no longer OBEY the truth".

To call Calvin's doctrine of devils "the Gospel" proves that you have an issue that Truth is not going to resolved for you ...@brightfame52

You dont even have the mental clarity required..... to realize...... that you are not here teaching Christ, or Paul... or NT... you are only teaching CALVINISM.

And that is because you believe that CALVINISM is Truth

That is "mind Blinded" behavior that Paul teaches as...."WHO, has bewitched... you, that YOU no longer OBEY the truth".
Its the Gospel, you just reject it

@civic

When was the believers old self Crucified with Christ so it would be made powerless ?
When we Judged ourselves, Repented and placed our FAITH (gifted by God) in the SIN OFFERING that Jesus made.

THEN the Holy Spirit comes and indwells us (making us Christians), and We were placed IN CHRIST. Salvation = crucified with Christ, but alive with HIS life.

When we Judged ourselves, Repented and placed our FAITH (gifted by God) in the SIN OFFERING that Jesus made.

THEN the Holy Spirit comes and indwells us (making us Christians), and We were placed IN CHRIST. Salvation = crucified with Christ, but alive with HIS life.
Absolutely False, and that's a flat out denial of Christ Cross.

Those whom Christ died for, whom sins He bare, they become dead to sin solely on that basis 1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed

So everyone He died for are dead to sins condemnation, it can never be laid to their charge ! Rom 4:8

Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

It cant be imputed to them since Christ had them imputed to Him and He bare them in His Own body on the tree, so they are dead to sin !

And yet believer still sin. The Apostle Paul had to deal with sin in his life after his encounter With Jesus on the road to Damascus.

14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[a] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[b] a slave to the law of sin.
Romans 7:14-25

And yet believer still sin. The Apostle Paul had to deal with sin in his life after his encounter With Jesus on the road to Damascus.

14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[a] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[b] a slave to the law of sin.
Romans 7:14-25
So everyone He died for are dead to sins condemnation, it can never be laid to their charge ! Rom 4:8

It cant be imputed to them since Christ had them imputed to Him and He bare them in His Own body on the tree, so they are dead to sin !

Wrong again. At least you're consistent.

We will sin and to get back into a good relationship with God we need to confess our sins. Otherwise our sins aren't forgiven and you're walking around in unrighteousness.

…8If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10If we say we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar, and His word is not in us.…1 John 1:8-9

You're deceiving yourself. It is possible to let sin reign in your mortal body.

Romans 6:11-15 declares, “In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace. What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means!”

You're really a trip! Everything to you is works salvation because you believe you are part of God's elect from before the foundations of the earth were laid. You think there's no need for repentance because that all happens automatically.

And now you want to continue that on and say that sin is of no consequence in our Christian Walk With Jesus. You need to examine Yourself to see if you have ever genuinely received Christ as Savior.

“Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?” (2 Corinthians 13:5).

Calvinism has you blinded.

Back
Top Bottom