Crucified with Christ and dead to sin

civic

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Romans 6:6
We know that our old self was crucified with Him so that the body of sin might be rendered powerless, that we should no longer be slaves to sin

Galatians 5:24
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

@charismaticlady :)

Last edited:
What about those who practice sin ?

1 Corinthians 5:11
But now I am writing you not to associate with anyone who claims to be a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a verbal abuser, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19
The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, and debauchery;

Galatians 5:21
and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:5
For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure, or greedy person (that is, an idolater), has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

1 John 3:6
No one who remains in Him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has seen Him or known Him.

1 John 3:8
Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.

1 John 3:9
Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God's seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

3 John 1:11
Beloved, do not imitate what is evil, but what is good. The one who does good is of God; the one who does evil has not seen God.

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

We know that our old self was crucified with Him so that the body of sin might be rendered powerless, that we should no longer be slaves to sin

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

There it is there... that's exactly what I believe.

What about those who practice sin ?

But now I am writing you not to associate with anyone who claims to be a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a verbal abuser, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19
The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, and debauchery;

Galatians 5:21
and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:5
For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure, or greedy person (that is, an idolater), has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

1 John 3:6
No one who remains in Him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has seen Him or known Him.

1 John 3:8
Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.

1 John 3:9
Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God's seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

3 John 1:11
Beloved, do not imitate what is evil, but what is good. The one who does good is of God; the one who does evil has not seen God.
That's what salvation's all about.

I miss this one. I skipped right over the verbal abuser part.

Okay that's it I'm avoiding that one like the plague no more verbal abusing for me no sirie Bob

I miss this one. I skipped right over the verbal abuser part.

Okay that's it I'm avoiding that one like the plague no more verbal abusing for me no sirie Bob
Good catch I didn’t see that one either. Thank you for bringing it to my attention @Ray

I like that verse (of course I like all verses) but you which are Christ or if one is going to claim to be here's what God expects of us that is that we consider and view and declare our flesh is crucified in Christ. Like water baptism. We supposed to envision our old man IS DEAD and it was buried. You don't bury living beings. I know one verse states, we die daily but in context I believe means we reckon ourself dead not trying to get the old man to die but a continual acknowledgement that's a false identify that the old man is alive.

We've been raised a new man in Christ Jesus with the life of God within. Where we flounder I think is not acknowledging this Bible truth and not walking by faith in it the power of sin and death rises up to defeat us again and again. In real terms I don't believe we will always walk sinless. I don't think any of us will walk in absolute perfection on this earth.

I like that verse (of course I like all verses) but you which are Christ or if one is going to claim to be here's what God expects of us that is that we consider and view and declare our flesh is crucified in Christ. Like water baptism. We supposed to envision our old man IS DEAD and it was buried. You don't bury living beings. I know one verse states, we die daily but in context I believe means we reckon ourself dead not trying to get the old man to die but a continual acknowledgement that's a false identify that the old man is alive.

We've been raised a new man in Christ Jesus with the life of God within. Where we flounder I think is not acknowledging this Bible truth and not walking by faith in it the power of sin and death rises up to defeat us again and again. In real terms I don't believe we will always walk sinless. I don't think any of us will walk in absolute perfection on this earth.
I agree not until we become immortal in the Resurrection.

In God's eyes we have been crucified with Christ on the Cross judicially.
Yet, our bodies still live?

When we are filled and controlled by the Spirit? Our soul will experience being crucified because we will not be living according to the flesh.
To get our life impulse when filled with the Spirit we no longer depend upon the impulses of the flesh but must live according to Bible doctrine to know how to live.

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body,
I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20​

That is why Paul said the life he lives in the body is *by faith.* Our faith is the Word of God we know, understand correctly, and the Spirit gives the grace power to live it. That is why its essential to keep fighting the good fight to secure more and more accurate understanding, lest we fail to experience Christ living in us..... John 1:1. He is the Word. And the more sound doctrine we possess and understand in the Spirit, Christ will be manifest in us by faith.
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed
into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Cor 3:18​

Where are the good teachers that can make that possible? Most will fail the test!
For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine.
Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number
of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear." 2 Timothy 4:3​
God will provide..... Many fail to find because they seek what they prefer.
They feel free to reject corrections and see their stubbornness as conviction.

Sorry.. But, its true.

Grace and truth ........

@civic

When was the believers old self Crucified with Christ so it would be made powerless ? Was it after they believed or at the Cross when Christ died for them ?

Nothing happens before you believe.
Next
So the scripture is in error as well as Paul. Paul said he was crucified with Christ Gal 2:20

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

The word crucified is in the perfect tense passive voice, so he was crucified with Christ in the past when Christ Himself was crucified, and it was a completed act in the past. Thats because everyone Christ died for was in union with Him.

People Christ died for were in union with Him, so Rom 6:6

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

The aorist tense is used again, it was in the past when the old man was crucified with Christ.

knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. NKJV

The word with in both scriptures denotes a union, an accompanying. This is a Gospel Truth, it was the basis for water baptism. Thats why Paul wrote in Vs 6 Knowing this.

The word with in both scriptures denotes a union, an accompanying. This is a Gospel Truth, it was the basis for water baptism. Thats why Paul wrote in Vs 6 Knowing this.

Jews were water baptizing before Jesus showed up.

Paul said.."Christ sent me not to water baptize".

So the scripture is in error as well as Paul. Paul said he was crucified with Christ Gal 2:20

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

The word crucified is in the perfect tense passive voice, so he was crucified with Christ in the past when Christ Himself was crucified, and it was a completed act in the past. Thats because everyone Christ died for was in union with Him.

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

The aorist tense is used again, it was in the past when the old man was crucified with Christ.

knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. NKJV

your presuppositions are in error not the scriptures- just your misunderstanding of them.

hope this helps !!!

your presuppositions are in error not the scriptures- just your misunderstanding of them.

hope this helps !!!
You cant receive the spiritual things of the Gospel. Those whom Christ died for, died with Him, in union with Him. That proves election as well

no one died in Christ until they become saved, not before.
Thats a denial of the Gospel, People He died for died with Him.

What about with Adam, when he sinned and died, was anybody in union with him ? 1 Cor 15 22

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Simply a notation that being in union with Christ, one is in union with Christ in his death.

His resurrection as well.

Back
Top Bottom