Calvinists.... Is it all about the few or is MUCH MORE.....?

praise_yeshua

Rom 8:29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

MANY brethren....

Gen 15:5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.

The faithful as "the stars"..... in number.

Heb 11:12 Therefore from one man, and him as good as dead, were born descendants as many as the stars of heaven and as many as the innumerable grains of sand by the seashore.

The faithful "innumerable".......

This narrative of that Calvinist preach about the "few" just doesn't fit what the Scriptures teach.

Berean Standard Bible
Matt 7:14 But small is the gate and narrow the way that leads to life, and only a few find it.
is often quoted to distinguish the elect chosen few from the vast worldly pop of the reprobate...

but if we view the stars that Satan flung to the earth as the elect sheep gone astray from the Bishop and Savour of their souls, then they number 1/3 of all the angels, Rev 12-4, which I must admit to thinking is a far far larger number than the number of the Satanic reprobate condemned already, Jn 3:18.

Taking in the context of the whole chapter of Matthew, I think it is quite possible that the many refer to all the people within Israel and the Church and the few refer to the faithful within those congregations...

Berean Standard Bible
Matt 7:14 But small is the gate and narrow the way that leads to life, and only a few find it.
is often quoted to distinguish the elect chosen few from the vast worldly pop of the reprobate...

but if we view the stars that Satan flung to the earth as the elect sheep gone astray from the Bishop and Savour of their souls, then they number 1/3 of all the angels, Rev 12-4, which I must admit to thinking is a far far larger number than the number of the Satanic reprobate condemned already, Jn 3:18.

Taking in the context of the whole chapter of Matthew, I think it is quite possible that the many refer to all the people within Israel and the Church and the few refer to the faithful within those congregations...

The "small and narrow" gate isn't relational to how many can/will "fit" therein. It is "small and narrow" relative to "WHO" is the way.

The "few" is only relative to the many who do not "find" it. A smaller number compared to the larger number of those who do not find it. The "few" can still certainly fall within "innumerable".

A few stars among all the stars is still a very very large number of stars.

Back
Top Bottom