Attitude Towards Satan

Rockson

In Mark 5 we read of a demon possessed man that Jesus delivered. Perhpas we should be learning things from these passages and asking some questions. In Mark 5 the account is 20 verses long and I'll hold back from cutting and pasting the many paragraphs for I think all know what they say. I'll summarize.

Jesus came to the region of Gerasenes and was met a man with an unclean spirit. Scripture says even chains couldn't hold him he'd break them to pieces. Interesting that such strength could be transferred to a physical man from Satan or his cohorts. No one could restrain him. This was before the time of asylum's so such individuals were just on the loose. I have to wonder how long he had been this way.....what a horrible existence.

It says when the man saw Jesus from a distance and he ran and fell on his knees before him. I wonder ...Did this man come by his own desire....or consciousness of who Jesus even was? Seems to me that insane persons of the day wouldn't have understand about current day charismatic leaders known to set people free. Perhaps he did. Jesus prior to his coming HAD spoken from the great distance for the unclean spirit to come out of the man. Perhaps the spirits drove the man to Jesus for they felt they were summoned....notice what they ask Jesus.....again interesting.

"What do you want with me Jesus Son of the Most High God?"

Seems they're bewildered as to just why Jesus has a right to be giving orders to them that is at this particular time. Another passage say they said, "Have you come to torture us before the time?" In other words they were saying in a way , 'Come on this isn't the time. We understand at the ages end there will be a time that will occur but why are you giving orders to us now?" It's like they're wondering did God change his mind? He's doing this early? Jesus didn't answer them the question.

Lesson. You don't have to answer every thing someone asks. But he asks them. "What is your Name" which had to do with number for they replied the status here was that there was legion......"for we are many". And they begged Jesus repeatedly BEGGED HIM not to send them out of the region. Lesson. Worldly movies like to portray devil forces almost on equal par with an anointed, empowered servant of God. I never saw the movie and don't encourage anyone else to see it but I understand the Exorcist film year ago had a demon possesses person do in a priest......but there's absolutely NO FEAR if someone is a genuine person of prayer and who truly have God in their life. James 4:7 says the devil will flee from YOU not you flee from him.

They begged Jesus THEY were terrified. In our Christian lives let us not think because the devil might seek to bring trials our way Mark 4:15 let's not think they don't have a gnawing fear in so doing. I don't say this presumptuously. But they're not sure how you will respond. It does make them nervous to come your way as they seek to find out how committed you are to God. So join together Mk 4:15 with Jm 4:7 and you see the enemy brings on a trial perhaps....as a test....but Jm 4:7 says the end result is they're afraid of you....it says they'll FLEE from you.

That is of course if were not giving place to the devil. Eph 4:27 We need to be on the alert 1 Pt 5:8 says for Satan roams about seeking who will give him a place. Strife, doubt, unbelief give him such a place for doubt and fear shows to all you have more faith in the devils possibility to harm you rather than Jesus's ability and desire to protect you. That allegiance you give with your spirit and mind gives him a place so what do we do......we rise up, jump up and slam the door at a moments notice. We're more than conquerors not just conquerors but more than conquerors through Christ Jesus our Lord. Rom 8:37 That is to be our bold stance!

Last edited:
Thinking demons are nervous about our commitment to God, might kind of puff us up about how holy we are.

Scripture says the devil is like a roaring lion seeking whom he can devour and requires active resistance.

Jude tells us to even show respect to evil spiritual entities.

There is too much dismissiveness and disrespect for the devil in the Body of Christ, and I was taught this was faith.

I have come to respect my enemy, and that is by no means glorifying him.

Thinking demons are nervous about our commitment to God, might kind of puff us up about how holy we are.
And I get all your point and agree with many of them. But one is not puffed up if they're talking about their position in Christ and the victory he's given to the saints of God. Scripture says we're to believe that greater is he that is in you than he the devil who is in the world. 1 Jn 4:4 You wouldn't' call that mocking the devil would you by understanding his place? I'm sure you don't. We're to believe when the devil looks upon us all he sees is Christ as your lives are hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:3

It's just that in minds of many Christians they actually do have a fear of Satanic forces......they need to know they truly are terrified of THEM if and I said IF they're keeping in fellowship with God. My post was all about that the believer can have PEACE.
Scripture says the devil is like a roaring lion seeking whom he can devour and requires active resistance.
Absolutely it does. Many trials are from the enemy and men tend to just think they're all coming from flesh and blood.
Jude tells us to even show respect to evil spiritual entities.
But we're not to give these powers a respect which would not acknowledge that they are indeed in fear of the saints, who are standing in the word. As I quoted Jm 4:7
There is too much dismissiveness and disrespect for the devil in the Body of Christ, and I was taught this was faith.
I find the greatest dismissiveness on this subject is not to accept everyone's life is in a spiritual battle with forces of darkness whether one is a Christian or not. People fight flesh and blood looking upon humans as their problems. They're not. But we have authority over them (Satan's kingdom) in the Name Of Jesus and by declaring BOLDLY the blood of the lamb. Heb 4:16/ Rev 12 :11

I try to pray this everyday:

The Warrior's Prayer

Heavenly Father, Your warriors prepare for battle. Today we claim victory over Satan by putting on the whole armor of God.
We put on the Girdle of Truth! May we stand firm in the truth of Your Word so we will not be a victim of Satan's lies.

We put on the Breastplate of Righteousness! May it guard our hearts from evil so we will remain pure and holy, protected under the blood of Jesus Christ.

We put on the Shoes of Peace! May we stand firm in the Good News of the Gospel so Your peace will shine through us and be a light to all we encounter.

We take the Shield of Faith! May we be ready for Satan's fiery darts of doubt, denial, and deceit so we will not be vulnerable to spiritual defeat.

We put on the Helmet of Salvation! May we keep our minds focused on You so Satan will not have a stronghold on our thoughts.

We take the Sword of the Spirit! May the two-edged sword of Your Word be ready in our hands so we can expose the tempting words of Satan.

By faith your warriors have put on the whole armor of God! We are prepared to live this day in spiritual victory! Amen!!

I try to pray this everyday:

The Warrior's Prayer

Heavenly Father, Your warriors prepare for battle. Today we claim victory over Satan by putting on the whole armor of God.
A good consciousness to have. God uses different analogies....we are Kings and Priests, we are saints......but we are soldiers too. And these are thing we put on each day.....the armor of God and all the others things we to make sure of....taking hold of the sheild of faith and sword of the Spirit and other things too.
We put on the Girdle of Truth! May we stand firm in the truth of Your Word so we will not be a victim of Satan's lies.
Other translations call this, "putting on the belt of truth" and the idea is it was to be buckled up in a tight secure way where it's not loose. I compare it to wearing ice skates and making sure the laces are made tight. Nothing worse than skating on ice with laces too loose. We're to hold fast to truth with all tenacity so we can have a strong stance against the devil.
We put on the Breastplate of Righteousness! May it guard our hearts from evil so we will remain pure and holy, protected under the blood of Jesus Christ.
And it is based as you say on the blood. If we fail the devil can make us feel condemned or feel we can't come boldly to the throne of Grace and receive from God. God says no, declare my blood and it'll make you just as if you never sinned.
We put on the Shoes of Peace! May we stand firm in the Good News of the Gospel so Your peace will shine through us and be a light to all we encounter.
The world deserves to see Christians walking in peace regardless of the problems they're going through or the storms. We're to be a light in the darkness where they see God working in our lives.
We take the Shield of Faith! May we be ready for Satan's fiery darts of doubt, denial, and deceit so we will not be vulnerable to spiritual defeat.
We need to be conscious of the fact that we're not fighting flesh and blood. With a great many of our trials we tend to look at men as ones we get mad at. Many times they're merely puppets of spiritual forces seeking to bring us down. I've found the more I can consider it is Satan working through men it puts me in a position where I can forgive flesh and blood humans as ones who are also victims in a sense.

Back
Top Bottom