What is "Flesh"

praise_yeshua

Flesh was molded from the Earth. Inert

We know from the Scriptures some of the characteristics associated with "flesh'. We know flesh is weak but was it weak from the beginning? Adam was weak (peccable) from the beginning. It was only the "breath of God" that animated and empowered the weakness of the body He received.

If you were to describe what "flesh" is from a Scriptural aspect. What would you say?

We know from the Scriptures some of the characteristics associated with "flesh'. We know flesh is weak but was it weak from the beginning? Adam was weak (peccable) from the beginning. It was only the "breath of God" that animated and empowered the weakness of the body He received.

If you were to describe what "flesh" is from a Scriptural aspect. What would you say?
In Romans 8:4-7, those who walk in the Spirit are contrasted with those who have minds set on the flesh who are enemies of God who refuse to submit to His law. In Galatians 5:19-23, everything listed as works of the flesh that are against the Spirit are also against His law while all of the fruits of the Spirit are aspects of God's nature that are in accordance with His law.

In Romans 8:4-7, those who walk in the Spirit are contrasted with those who have minds set on the flesh who are enemies of God who refuse to submit to His law. In Galatians 5:19-23, everything listed as works of the flesh that are against the Spirit are also against His law while all of the fruits of the Spirit are aspects of God's nature that are in accordance with His law.
So that’s one meaning of flesh . But Jesus referenced His glorified resurrected body as “ flesh “ and bones. So it cannot mean what you pointed out above. Flesh has both a spiritual and physical meaning.

“Jesus teaches you to live your life as He would live your life.” He came to be one of us and to show us the way. Galatians 2:20 says, “I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me”.

Once you understand the incarnation of Jesus, I believe you will find some remarkable possibilities. First, He is able to live your life, and second, you are in turn able to live His—not completely in either direction but full enough and close enough that your imagination will come alive to a much larger vision for why you exist on this planet.

So that’s one meaning of flesh . But Jesus referenced His glorified resurrected body as “ flesh “ and bones. So it cannot mean what you pointed out above. Flesh has both a spiritual and physical meaning.
I agree that it means more than what I said.

Sure it does. Here's even what Strong's in the Greek say about the word flesh as used in the New Testament,

Original Word: σάρξ, σαρκός, ἡ
Usage: flesh, body, human nature, materiality; kindred.

according to many Adam was weak in his flesh, or he would not have eaten the fruit. I don't recall scripture that claimed he got weaker.
When you say describe flesh from, a spiritual aspect, the word that comes to mind is "foreign" while God's spirit gives life, it does not comingle with flesh/

Last edited:
Again Civic where is the verse where Jesus calls the coming body "Flesh" i assume you mean "sarx"

according to many Adam was weak in his flesh, or he would not have eaten the fruit. I don't recall scripture that claimed he got weaker.
When you say describe flesh from, a spiritual aspect, the word that comes to mind is "foreign" while God's spirit gives life, it does not comingle with flesh/
If flesh is foreign to God then why did God breath into that "foreign body" the breath of life. Why did Jesus Christ become flesh?

Back
Top Bottom