The Transmission of the New Testament - An Analogy

You got that right, bub. There's no such thing as Koine. No one talked like that. It's called "translation Greek".

"Bub"? Your methodology is showing.

Koine is a description of what they used. I am saying that they all had a slightly different understand of the written language. The difference in grammar and syntax is overstated.

Greek manuscripts can vary significantly because of how the Greek language changed over the extant record.

Yet Jesus says in Matthew 24 and in Revelation that the vultures will be feeding on the dead carcasses after His 2nd Coming. Those are not eagles. The Eagle is a positive bird in Scripture and one that represents God in might/ power and handiwork.

Throughout Scripture, eagles represent God’s handiwork, such as in Proverbs 30:19, which says that “the way of an eagle in the sky” is an example of God’s wondrous creation. Job 39:27 is another example. But eagles also symbolize power. God often used the imagery of an eagle in issuing warnings to Israel and other nations who did evil (e.g., Obadiah 1:4; Jeremiah 49:22). He chose the bird they considered powerful and unstoppable to demonstrate His sovereign control over everything.

Isaiah 40:31 is the most familiar biblical reference to eagles: “But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint” (KJV). This verse is the conclusion of a chapter detailing the greatness of God. It reminds the reader that the strongest of men may stumble and fall, but those who trust in the Lord have a strength that this world cannot offer. When we see an eagle in flight, soaring on invisible air currents, we can be reminded that the Creator who supplies the eagle’s strength will also strengthen those who call upon His name (Psalm 50:15; Isaiah 55:6–7).got?

hope this helps !!!
So after a bit more research. There is an eagle species which is an opportunistic carrion feeder - the White Tailed Sea Eagle. It does live in the Middle East and according to sources Israel actually has breeding facilities. However....they are fiercely territorial birds. There is no way a group of them would gather at a dead carcass.

Instead, the Griffon Vulture (a very large bird) does.
1920px-Buitres_leonados_%28Gyps_fulvus%29_0.jpg

So after a bit more research. There is an eagle species which is an opportunistic carrion feeder - the White Tailed Sea Eagle. It does live in the Middle East and according to sources Israel actually has breeding facilities. However....they are fiercely territorial birds. There is no way a group of them would gather at a dead carcass.

Instead, the Griffon Vulture (a very large bird) does.
1920px-Buitres_leonados_%28Gyps_fulvus%29_0.jpg

All birds are territorial animals when it comes to feeding. This is really a silly argument to make. Right NOW Vultures would not gather in such a confined area because they are TERRITORIAL....

It is rather obvious to me that you are looking for reasons to establish your position without any thought otherwise.

All birds are territorial animals when it comes to feeding. This is really a silly argument to make. Right NOW Vultures would not gather in such a confined area because they are TERRITORIAL....

It is rather obvious to me that you are looking for reasons to establish your position without any thought otherwise.
Have YOU done the research? Have you actually read anything about either of these two species of birds? When you can point to actual evidence that is not what I say, then I might take what you say with any kind of importance. Your comment is just plain silly but OBVIOUSLY there is a picture of vultures doing exactly that.

Have YOU done the research? Have you actually read anything about either of these two species of birds? When you can point to actual evidence that is not what I say, then I might take what you say with any kind of importance. Your comment is just plain silly but OBVIOUSLY there is a picture of vultures doing exactly that.
I sure have.

So you have images of Old World Vultures? They must be worth a ton of money.....

When there is a large kill of anything, you'll have animals and birds that normally are isolated and independent being opportunistic.

The fact of the matter is clear, if theses verses represent God's action in end times, then it will be God's supernaturally working. Your appeal to modern understandings is useless in such things.

Cool. Evidence of exactly what I said. Your pics show one bird. Not a group. The scripture says birds in plural. not just one. So these birds are not an example of what was being referred to

Not cool. You have been claiming that eagles do not eat carcasses.

There are plenty of photographic evidence of eagleS.... eating together. Eagles will even steal food from another animal. Eagles group together in MIGRATION....

Try again.

Last edited:
Not cool. You have been claiming that eagles do not eat carcasses.

There are plenty of photographic evidence of eagleS.... eat together. Eagles will even steal food from another animal. Eagles group together in MIGRATION....

Try again.
You try again and actually READ and comprehend my posts. You don't even know any more what you think you are arguing against

Luk 17:37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.

Notice.... "GATHERED".... MIGRATION....

Exactly. clueless
You're obviously angry. I only repeated what you first said to me.

I asked you to express exactly what you feel I made a mistake in. You're the one making the claim that I don't understand. You can add to your comments or not. That is your choice. Criticizing me for replying exactly the way you replied is rather telling.

You're obviously angry. I only repeated what you first said to me.

I asked you to express exactly what you feel I made a mistake in. You're the one making the claim that I don't understand. You can add to your comments or not. That is your choice. Criticizing me for replying exactly the way you replied is rather telling.
Feigned ignorance is too. I don't care to keep pointing out the obvious

Back
Top Bottom