The Promises/Covenant that establishes the Gospel

praise_yeshua

Tit 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
Tit 1:3 But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;

2Ti 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

2Co 7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

2Co 1:19 For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, even by me and Silvanus and Timotheus, was not yea and nay, but in him was yea.
2Co 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

There are no promises owned by any other man than Jesus Christ. None.

That is the Gospel. The heir of all things, Jesus Christ.

Yeshua HaMashicah, The Heir to the Throne says:

Acts chapter 1
And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.” Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority. But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you;
and you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations

John 6:35-40
And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe. All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.
And this is the will of Him who sent Me,
that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life;
and I will raise him up at the last day.”

@praise_yeshua, and @DavidTree,
GINOLJC, to all,
you two are CORRECT. and listen to a Jew who states ...... "Who the Promise is for and to". Acts 2:39 "For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call."

question, "is the Lord our God is still calling people from all nations and walks of life unto him .... even TO-DAY?". answer, YES. then the promise is unto all them that he calls. for God is no respecter of person. and this same Jew got schooled on this when he went into the house of a Gentile our brother Captain Cornelius. listen to this Jew. Acts 10:34 "Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:"

of a WHAT? ..... a TRUTH.

101G.

@praise_yeshua, and @DavidTree,
GINOLJC, to all,
you two are CORRECT. and listen to a Jew who states ...... "Who the Promise is for and to". Acts 2:39 "For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call."

question, "is the Lord our God is still calling people from all nations and walks of life unto him .... even TO-DAY?". answer, YES. then the promise is unto all them that he calls. for God is no respecter of person. and this same Jew got schooled on this when he went into the house of a Gentile our brother Captain Cornelius. listen to this Jew. Acts 10:34 "Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:"

of a WHAT? ..... a TRUTH.

101G.
Excellent Post - Thank You

Tit 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
Tit 1:3 But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;

2Ti 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

2Co 7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

2Co 1:19 For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, even by me and Silvanus and Timotheus, was not yea and nay, but in him was yea.
2Co 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

The gospel means "good news" and there is countless "good news" given in Scripture.
The gospel of Hannah.
The gospel of Mary.
The gospel of the children of Israel.
The gospel of the eleven disciples sent out before Christ ascended.
And there's more. A great deal more.
There's even a gospel of jeremiah1five.

The gospel means "good news" and there is countless "good news" given in Scripture.
The gospel of Hannah.
The gospel of Mary.
The gospel of the children of Israel.
The gospel of the eleven disciples sent out before Christ ascended.
Old news is not GOOD NEWS TODAY..... :p what was written afore is just for our LEARNING, in the HOPE of the scripture, but old news is just that....... old news.

101G.

Old news is not GOOD NEWS TODAY..... :p what was written afore is just for our LEARNING, in the HOPE of the scripture, but old news is just that....... old news.

101G.
I'm sure you were born when fathers gave out cigars at the birth of their children and they don't do that anymore. They probably give out Blunts and Bong shots, but maybe you're right. Maybe we can look at your birth as OLD news, too. Old news is not good news, eh? And as you say, old news is just that: Old.

I'm sure you were born when fathers gave out cigars at the birth of their children and they don't do that anymore.
Who say they still don't? ...... and do not some males still get circumcised today? do they do that anymore? old habits are hard to break, ....... give them a cigar..... (smile) ........ 🤭 Yikes!

101G

Who say they still don't? ...... and do not some males still get circumcised today? do they do that anymore? old habits are hard to break, ....... give them a cigar..... (smile) ........ 🤭 Yikes!

101G
The world in their rejection and disobedience of God like to copy Him but in their copying His Law don't want to be ruled over by Him.
And that's what man does.
All the laws in books in civilized nations copy God's Laws against murder, stealing, perjury (false witness) but they don't want God.
So, in their ignorance not understanding that circumcision is a sign or token of God's covenant with Abraham they circumcised their kids thinking this makes them good to go with God.
Just more liars.

In a nutshell, the gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16) To "believe" the gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation.

In a nutshell, the gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16) To "believe" the gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation.
In Scripture that is not the only gospel.
We are not saved by what we do, we are saved by what God does. Salvation is monergistic, not synergistic. We contribute nothing to our salvation - not even faith.

In Scripture that is not the only gospel.
We are not saved by what we do, we are saved by what God does. Salvation is monergistic, not synergistic. We contribute nothing to our salvation - not even faith.
How many gospels are there? Christ saves us through faith based on the merits of His finished work of redemption alone and not based on the merits of our works. (Romans 3:24-28) We are not simply zapped with faith and have no choice in the matter in regard to choosing to place our faith in Christ for salvation and it is our faith. 1 Peter 1:9 - receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls.

That's what I believe.

Lyrics

There is one Gospel on which I stand
For all eternity
It is my story, my Father's plan
The Son has rescued me
Oh what a Gospel, oh what a peace
My highest joy and my deepest need
Now and forever He is my light
I stand in the Gospel of Jesus Christ
There is one Gospel to which I cling
All else I count as loss
For there, where justice and mercy meet
He saved me on the cross
No more I boast in what I can bring
No more I carry the weight of sin
For He has brought me from death to life
There is one Gospel where hope is found
The empty tomb still speaks
For death could not keep my Saviour down
He lives and I am free
Now on my Saviour, I fix my eyes
My life is His and His hope is mine!
For He has promised I, too, will rise
And in this Gospel the church is one
We do not walk alone
We have His Spirit as we press on
To lead us safely home
And when in glory still I will sing
Of this old story that rescued me
Praise to my Saviour, the King of life
And when in glory still I will sing
Of this old story that rescued me

Songwriters: Rich Thompson / Jonny Robinson

How many gospels are there? Christ saves us through faith based on the merits of His finished work of redemption alone and not based on the merits of our works. (Romans 3:24-28) We are not simply zapped with faith and have no choice in the matter in regard to choosing to place our faith in Christ for salvation and it is our faith. 1 Peter 1:9 - receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls.
As dead men dead in trespasses and sin we have no faith.
It is by Christ's Perfect faith in God by which anyone is born-again and saved.
It is HIS FAITH God the Father honored and accepted, not our dead faith which is no faith at all for dead men have no faith that God sees upon men.
Dead faith is no faith and as such is non-existent to be placed on anyone.

As dead men dead in trespasses and sin we have no faith.
It is by Christ's Perfect faith in God by which anyone is born-again and saved.
It is HIS FAITH God the Father honored and accepted, not our dead faith which is no faith at all for dead men have no faith that God sees upon men.
Dead faith is no faith and as such is non-existent to be placed on anyone.
I would put it this way, People that aren't saved, that are dead in sin have faith in themselves. Yes it's a dead faith but they don't realize that as they are their own God. Some are quite successful in this life but they're not going to do too good in the next life.

I like the way you said it "Christ's Perfect Faith". Not faith in ourself but faith in God and His plan.

Jesus said:

The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows). John 10:10.

Last edited:
I would put it this way, People that aren't saved, that are dead in sin have faith in themselves. Yes it's a dead faith but they don't realize that as they are their own God. Some are quite successful in this life but they're not going to do too good in the next life.

I like the way you said it "Christ's Perfect Faith". Not faith in our but faith in God and His plan.

Jesus said:

The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows). John 10:10.
Certain people prefer to interpret Galatians 2:16 from the KJV and stress the faith "of" Jesus Christ and dismiss faith "in" Jesus Christ from multiple other translations as if it's Christ's faith all the way and we have no faith in the matter at all. Are you familiar with that argument? We are not simply passive when it comes to having faith. In 1 Peter 1:9, we read - receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls.

Certain people prefer to interpret Galatians 2:16 from the KJV and stress the faith "of" Jesus Christ and dismiss faith "in" Jesus Christ from multiple other translations as if it's Christ's faith all the way and we have no faith in the matter at all. Are you familiar with that argument? We are not simply passive when it comes to having faith. In 1 Peter 1:9, we read - receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls.
That a good point, I'm going to have to study that out. Then I'm not a big King James Version fan and I didn't catch it until you pointed it out, thanks.

John 2:25 states, He “knew what was in man.” He knew the hearts of those professing faith. This is an indication of our Lord's deity, for only the Lord can search the heart and make the right evaluation. So he knew if we had faith or not.

I'm going to study does Jesus give us his faith or does his faith become ours when we hear the gospel. Thanks again for bringing that after interesting train of thought.

@praise_yeshua

And those Chosen in Him before the foundation, they are joint heirs with Christ Rom 8:17

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Heb 1:14

14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

The seed of Abraham Rom 4:13

13 For the promise, that he[Abraham] should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

So I dont think you understand what you are saying sir

So the Promise of Eternal life was always to Christ and His Joint Heirs in Him, all one Titus 1:1-2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

@praise_yeshua

And those Chosen in Him before the foundation, they are joint heirs with Christ Rom 8:17

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Heb 1:14

14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

The seed of Abraham Rom 4:13

13 For the promise, that he[Abraham] should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

So I dont think you understand what you are saying sir

So the Promise of Eternal life was always to Christ and His Joint Heirs in Him, all one Titus 1:1-2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

CHRIST is the Righful OWNER/HEIR/KING.
We, who belong to HIM are included UNDER HIS OWNERSHIP/RULER/KINGSHIP/LORD of lords and KING of kings

Back
Top Bottom