The bible and birth control

From the article: "Modern birth control methods were unknown in Bible times, and the Bible is, therefore, silent on the matter."

Thus, it falls under Christian liberty.

From the article: "Modern birth control methods were unknown in Bible times, and the Bible is, therefore, silent on the matter."

Thus, it falls under Christian liberty.
Yes that's what it sounded like. The bible only mentioned the one time. And the article said it was more about greed than birth control. What I'm thinking about now is the second part of the thread, The reproductive technology, Like cloning and so forth.
It looks pretty risky to me.

"Fetus Farming": An Alarming Development​

I am a Quiverfull dad and the Bible does not speak to this directly. Those of us who have taken the QF leap have only done so because the Holy Spirit has connected the (indirect) dots for us. Once you see it, you cannot unsee it.

A consideration for those who are not QF,
  1. Some methods of contraception, like the IUD, are abortifacient; that is, they work by aborting the embryo/child after conception.
  2. Hormonal contraception, like most pills, are semi-abortifacient. They are designed to work differently but will still abort if conception happens anyway.
  3. Barrier methods, like condoms, keep the sperm & egg from ever meeting, so they do not induce embryonic abortions.
Directly & indirectly, contraception increases a woman's risk for breast cancer.
From "What Are the Risk Factors for Breast Cancer? | CDC..."

Risk Factors You Can Change
  • Not being physically active. Women who are not physically active have a higher risk of getting breast cancer.
  • Being overweight or obese after menopause. Older women who are overweight or obese have a higher risk of getting breast cancer than those at a normal weight.
  • Taking hormones. Some forms of hormone replacement therapy (those that include both estrogen and progesterone) taken during menopause can raise risk for breast cancer when taken for more than five years. Certain oral contraceptives (birth control pills) also have been found to raise breast cancer risk.
  • Reproductive history. Having the first pregnancy after age 30, not breastfeeding, and never having a full-term pregnancy can raise breast cancer risk.
  • Drinking alcohol. Studies show that a woman’s risk for breast cancer increases with the more alcohol she drinks.

Research suggests that other factors such as smoking, being exposed to chemicals that can cause cancer, and changes in other hormones due to night shift working also may increase breast cancer risk.

I am a Quiverfull dad and the Bible does not speak to this directly. Those of us who have taken the QF leap have only done so because the Holy Spirit has connected the (indirect) dots for us. Once you see it, you cannot unsee it.

A consideration for those who are not QF,
  1. Some methods of contraception, like the IUD, are abortifacient; that is, they work by aborting the embryo/child after conception.
  2. Hormonal contraception, like most pills, are semi-abortifacient. They are designed to work differently but will still abort if conception happens anyway.
  3. Barrier methods, like condoms, keep the sperm & egg from ever meeting, so they do not induce embryonic abortions.
Directly & indirectly, contraception increases a woman's risk for breast cancer.
From "What Are the Risk Factors for Breast Cancer? | CDC..."

Risk Factors You Can Change
  • Not being physically active. Women who are not physically active have a higher risk of getting breast cancer.
  • Being overweight or obese after menopause. Older women who are overweight or obese have a higher risk of getting breast cancer than those at a normal weight.
  • Taking hormones. Some forms of hormone replacement therapy (those that include both estrogen and progesterone) taken during menopause can raise risk for breast cancer when taken for more than five years. Certain oral contraceptives (birth control pills) also have been found to raise breast cancer risk.
  • Reproductive history. Having the first pregnancy after age 30, not breastfeeding, and never having a full-term pregnancy can raise breast cancer risk.
  • Drinking alcohol. Studies show that a woman’s risk for breast cancer increases with the more alcohol she drinks.

Research suggests that other factors such as smoking, being exposed to chemicals that can cause cancer, and changes in other hormones due to night shift working also may increase breast cancer risk.
I like your signature !

Yes that's what it sounded like. The bible only mentioned the one time. And the article said it was more about greed than birth control. What I'm thinking about now is the second part of the thread, The reproductive technology, Like cloning and so forth.
It looks pretty risky to me.

"Fetus Farming": An Alarming Development​

ditto

Back
Top Bottom