Taking down the unitarian jesus

civic

Psalm 49:7 makes it clear no man can redeem the life of another man it’s impossible.

“No one can by any means redeem another Or give God a ransom for him“

This verse alone refutes unitarian theology. Since their jesus is only a man then he cannot redeem a single man let alone the whole world.

hope this helps !!!

This verse is not a contradiction.

18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known]. John 1:18

The Trinitarian has no problem whatsoever solving this apparent contradiction. Since God is multi-personal, it is possible for one of the Persons within the Godhead to be seen while the others are not seen. John 1:18 is only saying that no one has ever seen God the Father although they have seen God the Son.

So, there is no contradiction as long as you accept the multi-personal nature of God.

But, if God is a single person as Unitarians assume, then there is no way out of this contradiction. Perhaps this is one reason why Unitarians were the first to give up the inspiration of the Bible. Without the doctrine of the Trinity, they were left with too many irresolvable contradictions.

Unitarianism cast doubt upon the Bible’s infallible inspiration.

Last edited:
Psalm 49:7 makes it clear no man can redeem the life of another man it’s impossible.

“No one can by any means redeem another Or give God a ransom for him“

This verse alone refutes unitarian theology. Since their jesus is only a man then he cannot redeem a single man let alone the whole world.

hope this helps !!!
God made his Son for the purpose of sacrifice for the entire mankind, way beyond this tiny miniscule shallow scope and suggested act of paying back a debt by one brother for another. These brothers were made by the will of man - as in Psalms 49:7, NOT by the Father God. Context-blind again and without spiritual understanding.

You are again trying to find a way or a loop-hole in scripture, and quite desperate thing to do, to say that Jesus has to be God to save anyone. Yes, the Father is God who is the ultimate saviour must only be him to save, and he dis save us. HOWEVER, he used the 2nd human Adam he created to be this sacrifice for us and the proxy for himself, as God cannot die and shed blood as a slaughtered human being. This was part of the legal requirement for our redemption. Nothing less would suffice.

The truth is is out there civic....(y)

God made his Son for the purpose of sacrifice for the entire mankind, way beyond this tiny miniscule shallow scope and suggested act of paying back a debt by one brother for another. These brothers were made by the will of man - as in Psalms 49:7, NOT by the Father God. Context-blind again and without spiritual understanding.

You are again trying to find a way or a loop-hole in scripture, and quite desperate thing to do, to say that Jesus has to be God to save anyone. Yes, the Father is God who is the ultimate saviour must only be him to save, and he dis save us. HOWEVER, he used the 2nd human Adam he created to be this sacrifice for us and the proxy for himself, as God cannot die and shed blood as a slaughtered human being. This was part of the legal requirement for our redemption. Nothing less would suffice.

The truth is is out there civic....(y)
Nice try but the Bible says no man without exception period. Since your jesus is only a man he cannot redeem a single soul. :)

Our Jesus can redeem everyone since He is God and not just a man who is incapable according to scripture to save anyone, redeem anyone.

Your argument is with Gods word not me. I’m just pointing out what the clear meaning of the text teaches.

hope this helps !!!

Nice try but the Bible says no man without exception period. Since your jesus is only a man he cannot redeem a single soul. :)

Our Jesus can redeem everyone since He is God and not just a man who is incapable according to scripture to save anyone, redeem anyone.

Your argument is with Gods word not me. I’m just pointing out what the clear meaning of the text teaches.

hope this helps !!!
Well I would have thought you would have looked at the local context of the scripture you quoted me by now and realized you blew it and misapplied scripture once again, to force a round peg into a small square hole.

I will explain it to you anyway. The scripture you used does not speak to a human being giving his life as a savior for even a friend of brother let alone the world. You are misapplying this scripture to force it to mean what you want it to mean for your cause....

The local context discusses that the wealth and treasures one stores up on this earth will never be sufficient to save a soul: of one's person, that person, brother, friend or the world for that matter.

Read it with me:

(Psa 49:1) (For the Chief Musician. A Psalm by the sons of Korah.) Hear this, all you peoples. Listen, all you inhabitants of the world,
(Psa 49:2) both low and high, rich and poor together.
(Psa 49:3) My mouth will speak words of wisdom, my heart shall utter understanding.
(Psa 49:4) I will bend my ear to a proverb, I will open my riddle on the harp.
(Psa 49:5) Why should I fear in the days of evil, when iniquity barks at my heels, surrounding me?
(Psa 49:6) Those who trust in their wealth and boast in the multitude of their riches--
(Psa 49:7) none of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give God a ransom for him.
(Psa 49:8) For the redemption of their life is costly, no payment is ever enough,
(Psa 49:9) that he should live on forever, that he should not see corruption.
(Psa 49:10) For He sees that wise men die; likewise the fool and the senseless perish, and leave their wealth to others.
(Psa 49:11) Their inward thought is that their houses will endure forever, and their dwelling places to all generations. They name their lands after themselves.
(Psa 49:12) But man, despite his riches, doesn’t endure. He is like the animals that perish.
(Psa 49:13) This is the destiny of those who are foolish, and of those who approve their sayings. Selah.

Now using your logic, God who is your Christ is the only one that can save all, with his physical riches..what!. And that's why you said than no man can do it except your God Christ. The scripture is speaking to man's assets and wealth that can be used to gain immortality.

So did Christ, your God give his wealth over to ransom souls? This is what this scripture applied to, physical wealth, renowned wordly reputation. not the sacrifice of one's own life.

The vain ransom mentioned in verse 7 is a ransom of wealth and one's worldly status not of one's life....

So find another scripture and misapply it again, and I promise that I will bite again.....:cool:

Now using your logic, God who is your Christ is the only one that can save all, with his physical riches..what!. And that's why you said than no man can do it except your God Christ. The scripture is speaking to man's assets and wealth that can be used to gain immortality.

So did Christ, your God give his wealth over to ransom souls? This is what this scripture applied to, physical wealth, renowned wordly reputation. not the sacrifice of one's own life.

The vain ransom mentioned in verse 7 is a ransom of wealth and one's worldly status not of one's life....

So find another scripture and misapply it again, and I promise that I will bite again.....:cool:

Your words contradict your position.

It takes the riches of His Grace to save.

Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Psalm 49 is a contrast of insufficient worldly riches.

Your words contradict your position.

It takes the riches of His Grace to save.

Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Psalm 49 is a contrast of insufficient worldly riches.
What! Contradicts MY position! Really getting nutty here...

You have now moved the goal posts, I guess as a cover for civic. I never initiated or called out Psalms 49 in the first place. I corrected its misapplication on this subject of redemption, period.

Now you bring up another verse out of the blue that has zero to do with what civic struggled with to promote that Jesus, just being a human being cannot redeem. I agree with him although not with his misapplication of Psalms 49.

Only his Father truly redeemed mankind although it took a special human, his Son to be the perfect legal sacrifice, NOT the Father God. I guess you will never know this truth...

Why don't you now discuss your new verse or topic of Eph 2:7 with civic and sort it all out with him, not with me. I already know this subject quite well...of redemption.

Back
Top Bottom