Opening the Door

Bronson

Once they make euthanasia legal the next step is to get rid of the sick, the so-called incurables. Then comes getting rid of the elderly. I remember a conversation I had with a person who claimed to be a Christian. He said: Perhaps it's right, these incurably sick people just cost the state money, they are just a burden to themselves and to others. Isn't it best for all concerned if they are taken out of society?

And who could forget Murad Jacob "Jack" Kevorkian an American pathologist and euthanasia proponent. He publicly championed a terminal patient's right to die by physician-assisted suicide, embodied in his quote, "Dying is not a crime". Kevorkian said that he assisted at least 130 patients to that end.

First first you get society to accept euthanasia of terminally ill people the next step is the government choosing who do you euthanize. Maybe people over 65.

Christians base our beliefs on the Bible, where, we believe, we can find God’s teachings for all people of all cultures and all times. In the Old Testament these words powerfully establish the key ideas…

‘God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness.”’ – Genesis 1:26

‘You shall not kill’ (one of the Ten Commandments) – Exodus 20:13

‘The life of every creature and breath of all people are in God’s hand’ – Job 12:10

In the New Testament, the importance of human life is seen, for example, in these words…

‘Look at the birds of the air… are you not more valuable than they?’ – Matthew 6:26

‘Even the very hairs of your head are numbered’ (by God, that is) – Matthew 10:30

Jesus cared for people who had a poor quality of life and for those who were regarded as outcasts in his society. Each person mattered to him. He healed the leper and restored eyesight to the blind.

Once they make euthanasia legal the next step is to get rid of the sick, the so-called incurables. Then comes getting rid of the elderly. I remember a conversation I had with a person who claimed to be a Christian. He said: Perhaps it's right, these incurably sick people just cost the state money, they are just a burden to themselves and to others. Isn't it best for all concerned if they are taken out of society?

And who could forget Murad Jacob "Jack" Kevorkian an American pathologist and euthanasia proponent. He publicly championed a terminal patient's right to die by physician-assisted suicide, embodied in his quote, "Dying is not a crime". Kevorkian said that he assisted at least 130 patients to that end.

First first you get society to accept euthanasia of terminally ill people the next step is the government choosing who do you euthanize. Maybe people over 65.

Christians base our beliefs on the Bible, where, we believe, we can find God’s teachings for all people of all cultures and all times. In the Old Testament these words powerfully establish the key ideas…

‘God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness.”’ – Genesis 1:26

‘You shall not kill’ (one of the Ten Commandments) – Exodus 20:13

‘The life of every creature and breath of all people are in God’s hand’ – Job 12:10

In the New Testament, the importance of human life is seen, for example, in these words…

‘Look at the birds of the air… are you not more valuable than they?’ – Matthew 6:26

‘Even the very hairs of your head are numbered’ (by God, that is) – Matthew 10:30

Jesus cared for people who had a poor quality of life and for those who were regarded as outcasts in his society. Each person mattered to him. He healed the leper and restored eyesight to the blind.
My late father who passed away 12 years ago didn't have a quality of life. He had acute Parkinsons disease and couldn't swallow.
His doctor offered to install a stomach tube for food. My father refused the stomach tube and wanted to be sent to hospice where he passed away 1 week later. My father was a believer in Yeshua and an honorable father and husband. He knew he didn't have the quality of life and feel it was time to be in the everlasting arms of Yeshua. His last words to my brother and I was to.promise to take care of our mother, which we promised we would. My mother turns 93 next week.

My late father who passed away 12 years ago didn't have a quality of life. He had acute Parkinsons disease and couldn't swallow.
His doctor offered to install a stomach tube for food. My father refused the stomach tube and wanted to be sent to hospice where he passed away 1 week later. My father was a believer in Yeshua and an honorable father and husband. He knew he didn't have the quality of life and feel it was time to be in the everlasting arms of Yeshua. His last words to my brother and I was to.promise to take care of our mother, which we promised we would. My mother turns 93 next week.
Awesome testimony. I believe that when you know it's your time you can feel it deep down in your soul. It was very blessed to have you and your brother to be able to take care of his wife and your mother after you went to be with the lord. That's always a major concern.

My wife is pretty good at taking care of herself so she should do well when I go. Plus she has God and a ton of Christian friends to look out for her.

I have two sons, one went to be with the lord, he lost his life in the gulf war. I know without a doubt that he was saved so he is with Jesus. The guys in this company mailed me his belongings including his bible. He had that thing all circle highlighted and underlined. I read some of it at his memorial service.

The other one is a few states away, he's saved also. We were just talking about how much we both miss his brother the other day on the phone. Him and I are like two peas in a pod. We know exactly what the other ones talking about.

Awesome testimony. I believe that when you know it's your time you can feel it deep down in your soul. It was very blessed to have you and your brother to be able to take care of his wife and your mother after you went to be with the lord. That's always a major concern.

My wife is pretty good at taking care of herself so she should do well when I go. Plus she has God and a ton of Christian friends to look out for her.

I have two sons, one went to be with the lord, he lost his life in the gulf war. I know without a doubt that he was saved so he is with Jesus. The guys in this company mailed me his belongings including his bible. He had that thing all circle highlighted and underlined. I read some of it at his memorial service.

The other one is a few states away, he's saved also. We were just talking about how much we both miss his brother the other day on the phone. Him and I are like two peas in a pod. We know exactly what the other ones talking about.
Thank you for your gracious insight.
I believe Adonai gives us living grace and dying grace during our journey on his planet.

Back
Top Bottom