Misunderstanding Jesus

praise_yeshua

Turn the other cheek.....

You've heard it over and over again. However, you've gotten it wrong your entire life.

Mat 5:38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’
Mat 5:39 But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Now, tell me again what I've heard my entire life. Don't retaliate. "Turn the other cheek".

Might I ask just what does an evil man learn if YOU practice "turning the cheek"? I tell you what they learn, they learned that they've found an easy victim. I know you don't want to hear this and I'm not telling you to retaliate. I am telling you that there is context to what Jesus was saying and you have that context... WRONG.

Jesus was speaking of Himself. He was telling you that... HE was turning the "other cheek" when He should be judging mankind, He was letting them commit evil against Him. I know this because I know the Greek OT. You will not find this in Masoretic Text of the Hebrew OT. It doesn't exist.

Isa 50:6 My back I have given whips, and my jaws for slaps, and my face I did not turn from the shame of ones spitting.

We know this is true because of Mark 14:65

Mar 14:65 And some began to spit on him and to cover his face and to strike him, saying to him, “Prophesy!” And the guards received him with blows.

While you ignore your inability to "turn the other cheek" in your mind and spirit (which condemn you).... Pause. Stop. Give Christ credit for EVERYTHING.... The Scriptures are not all about YOU. They are ALL about HIM......

Recognize your own inabilities. Even if you are saved and gifted with the Spirit of God, admit your inabilities. When Christ suffered "while turning the other cheek".... it made all the difference in the world.

Back
Top Bottom