Mark 1:1-5

Okay. Well, wouldn't worry to much about what goes on, too much here then.

The whole narrative to me is about God so loving the world he sent his son, however there was the message of the doing away of material religion according to the old testament, when Jesus would come on the scene, and Yahava would justifiably divorce his chosen material nation for a bride which would have Jesus establishing the heavenly kingdom above, because the kingdom is not of this world. The work of God is to believe on the one whom he had sent, and all of what is taught important not just bits and pieces in my opinion.
Yes belief in the Person and work of Christ is most essential as you have noted Matthew. Its all about Him. :)

The Christian faith is not belief in His teaching, but it is belief in Him alone for your salvation .” - civic , Berean Apologetics Ministry

That’s the only reason why it is so important to me as it should be to every believer who is in Christ.

hope this helps !!!
As many well known scholars, theologians and pastors have noted over the years one can believe Jesus teachings were true and that he was a prophet of God yet still never have a relationship with God. The person must trust his/her life in Christ, confess Him as Lord, receive Him as your Savior and become born again though the gospel and have a living relationship with your Creator, this becoming a child of God as per John 1:12-13, Romans 10:9-13. Knowing facts about Him saves no one.

hope this helps !!!

Okay. Well, wouldn't worry to much about what goes on, too much here then.

What is different about what goes on here?

Let’s look at it again, in the words of another witness:

“Many people today think that the essence of Christianity is the teachings of Jesus. That isn’t so. … Christianity centers not in the teachings of Jesus but in the person of Jesus as the incarnate God who came into this world to take upon Himself our guilt and to die in our place.”

(D. James Kennedy and Jerry Newcombe, The Presence of a Hidden God, p. 82)

Here is what Jesus said -> “I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, for I was sent for this purpose” (Luke 4:43).

Preaching the gospel of God (Mark 1:14) is preaching the kingdom of God (Luke 4:43).

Jesus said, “The time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God is at hand, repent and believe in the gospel“ (Mark 1:15).

Does Dr. Kennedy sound like Jesus to you?

”Jesus was going throughout Galilee, preaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, …” (Matthew 4:23)

From the parable of the sower: what is the seed that is sewn by the sower?

”the word of the kingdom” (Matthew 13:19)
”the word” (Mark 4:14)
”the word of God” (Luke 8:11)

”Those beside the road are those who have heard [heard what? the word of God -> the word -> the word of the kingdom -> the teaching and preaching of Jesus] then the devil comes and takes away the word [the word of God -> the word -> the word of the kingdom -> the teaching and preaching of Jesus] from their heart so that they will not believe and be saved” (Luke 8:12).

“But when they believed Philip preaching the gospel about the kingdom of God [the gospel which Jesus himself preached -> the word of God -> the word -> the word of the kingdom] and the name of Jesus Christ, they were being baptized, men and women alike“ (Acts 8:12).

That’s what a person has to see, hear, and understand. When a person repents in response to the preaching of the gospel then a person is forgiven.

Christianity centers in the teachings of Jesus.

No it doesn’t, say men like Kennedy and Brown.

The whole narrative to me is about God so loving the world he sent his son, however there was the message of the doing away of material religion according to the old testament, when Jesus would come on the scene, and Yahava would justifiably divorce his chosen material nation for a bride which would have Jesus establishing the heavenly kingdom above, because the kingdom is not of this world. The work of God is to believe on the one whom he had sent, and all of what is taught important not just bits and pieces in my opinion.

The gospel isn’t “all about him”. It is also about us.

His word, the seed, is the seed of immortality; the seed which produces the life of the age to come.

man centered religion a misplaced focus.

it reminds me of all the man centered worship songs- an oxymoron.

Last edited:
What is different about what goes on here?

Let’s look at it again, in the words of another witness:

“Many people today think that the essence of Christianity is the teachings of Jesus. That isn’t so. … Christianity centers not in the teachings of Jesus but in the person of Jesus as the incarnate God who came into this world to take upon Himself our guilt and to die in our place.”

(D. James Kennedy and Jerry Newcombe, The Presence of a Hidden God, p. 82)

Here is what Jesus said -> “I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, for I was sent for this purpose” (Luke 4:43).

Preaching the gospel of God (Mark 1:14) is preaching the kingdom of God (Luke 4:43).

Jesus said, “The time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God is at hand, repent and believe in the gospel“ (Mark 1:15).

Does Dr. Kennedy sound like Jesus to you?

”Jesus was going throughout Galilee, preaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, …” (Matthew 4:23)

From the parable of the sower: what is the seed that is sewn by the sower?

”the word of the kingdom” (Matthew 13:19)
”the word” (Mark 4:14)
”the word of God” (Luke 8:11)

”Those beside the road are those who have heard [heard what? the word of God -> the word -> the word of the kingdom -> the teaching and preaching of Jesus] then the devil comes and takes away the word [the word of God -> the word -> the word of the kingdom -> the teaching and preaching of Jesus] from their heart so that they will not believe and be saved” (Luke 8:12).

“But when they believed Philip preaching the gospel about the kingdom of God [the gospel which Jesus himself preached -> the word of God -> the word -> the word of the kingdom] and the name of Jesus Christ, they were being baptized, men and women alike“ (Acts 8:12).

That’s what a person has to see, hear, and understand. When a person repents in response to the preaching of the gospel then a person is forgiven.

Christianity centers in the teachings of Jesus.

No it doesn’t, say men like Kennedy and Brown.

Ill share with you with what I shared with someone else, about the topic of just the bible in general, okay, Matthias.

I love the bible and find it a wonderful and an absolutely wonderful and great gift that Yahava, or Yahweh or the LORD has given to all who are able to pick it up, look at it and read it. While it may not seem that idols exist like in the times of when Israel worshiped Idols like baal and others, they are very much alive today. It can be of the bible, for an example. People are called to worship God, in spirit and truth, he seeks for people who do such. That would mean to never place anything above the one who gives life every single day. The one whom by speaking created all things, and complied them into existance, separating first, the light from the darkness when he first said "Let there be light, and there was light."

People can worship phones, they can worship ideals, ideologies, certain things which brings them some type of comfort however not comfort which looking in faith to the Father, the one in Heaven, and seeking after him, and he writes his laws on the hearts and minds of those who are his. That means anyone is able to have access to God, who adopts those who are his by the spirit and become children of God, and then grow to become mature in spirit, becoming sons and daughters of Gods as they go along in this life, following the Lord Yeshua and believing in him who was sent by God which is the work of God, in which in turns helps lead to a new heart, and a new spiritual birth, and now becoming spiritually live with the faith in believing they are given the holy spirit to live by and also abide in Christ, where the Christ of the Lord Yeshua's Spirit (Spirit of Christ Gal 2:20), now lives in and through you by your flesh and all the good things which come from you are from him and therefore grace, and thankfulness is to be given in glory of Yahava, who sent the Son of God, who was the Son of Man, and named Immanuel.

What is not good is to use the bible for dogmatic ways and stances or causing burdens or more pressures on people. There is only truth that can be given hopefully by the spirit when it calls for one seeking and searching for God and making time to read and also have relationship with the Father, and fellowship with him and the Son. It's not good to do evil on other people, nor place hard burderns on people, you can share things of what one knows by the bible that is fine, however to be a bigot or hate other people deem them of the devil, reject them for differences, and not love them as a human even though they may have strange ideas, God does love them, and you can always ask if they would ever like to read or listen to the bible be read you could spend time with someone else who is interested in sharing the word of God also with you and share along with you too. The bible is wonderful, but anything can be an idol, men or women can be an idol for someone. There wife or their children could be an idol to them. Or their inanimate objects or anything that becomes more of your time than spending some good devout time to looking at God and allowing him to renew ones heart and mind as they look, read and enjoy the good and awesome truths found in the bible as well. It's so important to me, as a person personally.

@Matthias
I believe that people can consider what man thinks, and what their opinions are and agree with or disagree with. Thank you for all the scriptures you have shared, anything that produces fruit is good, and helps the soul of the person who is wondering and seeking out God. To me it's important to learn about who the Lord Jesus Christ is, and that it is vaulable to a person soul, and there is no one who is able to help them have a change of heart by the heavenly things that come from the Father who adopts people into his kingdom by faith and trust in him, and loving Him first and loving others.

The living God raised up and sent us a preacher of the gospel of the kingdom @MatthewG. That preacher is Jesus of Nazareth, the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

The Messiah, in turn, raises up and sends preachers of the same gospel of the kingdom to mankind. Those preachers are his disciples.

How can people call on someone (i.e. Jesus of Nazareth) whom they don’t know? How can people believe someone (i.e. Jesus of Nazareth) whom they have not heard preaching the gospel? How can someone believe (Jesus of Nazareth) unless and until they hear the gospel, the word, which he preached?

It’s the great commission of the followers of the Messiah to preach his gospel to the world in order to make new disciples.

No one is able to help them have a change of heart? The followers of Jesus are able.

That is why Jesus was raised up and sent and that is why he raises up and sends those who belong to him.

The living God raised up and sent us a preacher of the gospel of the kingdom @MatthewG. That preacher is Jesus of Nazareth, the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

The Messiah, in turn, raises up and sends preachers of the same gospel of the kingdom to mankind. Those preachers are his disciples.

How can people call on someone (i.e. Jesus of Nazareth) whom they don’t know? How can people believe someone (i.e. Jesus of Nazareth) whom they have not heard preaching the gospel? How can someone believe (Jesus of Nazareth) unless and until they hear the gospel, the word, which he preached?

It’s the great commission of the followers of the Messiah to preach his gospel to the world in order to make new disciples.

No one is able to help them have a change of heart? The followers of Jesus are able.

That is why Jesus was raised up and sent and that is why he raises up and sends those who belong to him.

Amen.

You are absolutely right.

Paul wrote to the people who were at Rome, Saints and Gentiles. He said this sometime during his letter,
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Joh 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
Joh 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
Joh 1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
Joh 1:8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
Joh 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Joh 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
Joh 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
Joh 1:19 And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?
Joh 1:20 And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ.
Joh 1:21 And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.
Joh 1:22 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?
Joh 1:23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.
Joh 1:24 And they which were sent were of the Pharisees.
Joh 1:25 And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?
Joh 1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;
Joh 1:27 He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose.
Joh 1:28 These things were done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing.
Joh 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
Joh 1:30 This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.
Joh 1:31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.
Joh 1:32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.
Joh 1:33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.
Joh 1:34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

Mar 2:1 And again he entered into Capernaum after some days; and it was noised that he was in the house.

Capernaum - Capernaum was a fishing village with a population of around 1,000 during the time of Christ. It encompassed what is today both the Franciscan and Greek Orthodox sites. from his boyhood home of Nazareth. It also became the ministry headquarters of Christ during His ministry on earth.

After some days, and it was nosied that he was in the house.

Mar 2:2 And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door: and he preached the word unto them.

And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch as that there was no room to recieve them (anymore the house could hold), no, not so much as the door: and he preached the word unto them. The word unto them at the time would be the old testament prophets and promises, and parables. There was a few times that Jesus openly stated that this prophecy had been fulfilled, and he closed up a scroll. He spoke to his chosen apostles openly about the Kingdom of Heaven, he had a inner circle of people who were closer than others, and he loved all his disciples equally, he always explain parables to them, and when they finally recieved the holy spirit they would remember and have it all recorded down to be able to proclaim to others the good news, now which would could have been documented down for people to use, and the things of the spirit would be able to help them discern what was Jesus speaking about but now in a better understanding trusting God, and using the bible to study and help you discover what is hidden in the dirt which is called the holy bible, with many different rubies and other colored jems hidden deep inside of it, Jesus was teaching these things to people, and healing many too, to show that he is Immanuel.

Mar 2:3 And they come unto him, bringing one sick of the palsy, which was borne of four.

Here come four people who have a friend who is sick, and they are all carrying him, and they hear that Yeshua is over at this house and they are now coming.

Mar 2:4 And when they could not come nigh unto him for the press, they uncovered the roof where he was: and when they had broken it up, they let down the bed wherein the sick of the palsy lay.

Because of all the bodies pressed into the house, they went on top of the roof and uncovered the roof where hew as, and when they had made it through, the friends let him down gently in front of somewhere near by him.

Mar 2:5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.

Yeshua seeing them having broken through the roof of the wall, and lower their friend down unto him (bring someone to Christ), he seen their faith, and he healed the sick of palsy. Saying Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.

You see Yeshua express his love towards a person who is lowly and sick, and he sees his four friends who are also praying and desirous to heal, and he lets the man know this his sins have been forgiven.

Mar 2:6 But there were certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts,

However, among Yeshua and the others, where certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts. When they heard him say, Son your sins be forgiven thee.

Mar 2:7 Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?

They spoke out saying, why does this man speak like this? who can forgive sins but God only?

Mar 2:8 And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts?

When Yeshua heard what they had said, immediately perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them,. Why reason ye these things your hearts?

The men knew that their sins could only be forgiven once a year at the temple, and here is Yeshua healing a person who is sick and telling him that his sins are forgive, and they reasoned in themselves, who is he to forgive sins? This was to speak of what would be about the life of Yeshua who would be rejected, over and over again through the Apostolic Record.

Mar 2:9 Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?
Mar 2:10 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)
Mar 2:11 I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house.

Yeshua tells them, which is easier to say to those who are sick? Thy sins be forgiven thee, or to say Arise and take up thy bed and walk? For the you may know that the Son of man has power on earth to forgive sins. (he saith to the sick of the palsy,) He said to the man arise, and take up thy bed, and go your way to your own house.

Mar 2:12 And immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went forth before them all; insomuch that they were all amazed, and glorified God, saying, We never saw it on this fashion.

Immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went forth before them all: insomuch that they were all amazed and glorified God, saying. We never saw this on this fashion. (They were praising God for the miracles they where first starting to see from Yeshua healing many sick, demon-possessed, blind, mute, deaf, people as they went through their journey.

Mar 2:13 And he went forth again by the sea side; and all the multitude resorted unto him, and he taught them.
And he went forth against by the sea side; and all the multitude resorted unto him, and he taught them. (The old testament, prophecies that are fulfilled, and parables, he was always direct his disciples talking to them about the Kingdom of God, and also prophecies, to come soon in their lifetime.)

Mar 2:14 And as he passed by, he saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting at the receipt of custom, and said unto him, Follow me. And he arose and followed him.

And as he passed by, he saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting at the recepit of custom, and said unto him. Follow me. And he arose and followed him. Another one that Jesus had chosen to take, also named Matthed they say.

Mar 2:15 And it came to pass, that, as Jesus sat at meat in his house, many publicans and sinners sat also together with Jesus and his disciples: for there were many, and they followed him.

And it came to pass, that, as Jesus sat at meat in his house, many publicans and sinners sat also together with Yeshua, and his disciples: for there were many, and they followed him. Popularity of Jesus was great at the start, and it gets more despaired the more you get to the end of each Gospel.

Mar 2:16 And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners?

Here was the attitude of the scribes and Pharisees (Who were people were maybe of priest line, or have studied in their synagogues in Jerusalem, and around israel), Scribes were more of the secular law, or the law of moses? One of the two, and could provide marriage certificates.) The scribes, and the Pharisees, looked down on Yeshua for having ate with publicans and sinners, and they said unto his disciples. How is that he eats and drinks with publicans and sinners?

Mar 2:17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Yeshua heard this, and he said unto the pharisees, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they they are sick; I came not to call the righteous.

What it seems to me that the Lord is speaking about is that those who are already fulfilled in their own righteousness, are not worthy to be deemed worthy of deemed right with God by their own righteousness however people are made right with God in which those who known they are sinners, and to come change their mind from what they once thought about in the old life (the buried life with Christ.)

Mar 2:18 And the disciples of John and of the Pharisees used to fast: and they come and say unto him, Why do the disciples of John and of the Pharisees fast, but thy disciples fast not?
Mar 2:19 And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them? as long as they have the bridegroom with them, they cannot fast.
Mar 2:20 But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then shall they fast in those days.

In my opinion, when the Disciples of John and of the Pharisees used to fast, and they come and say unto Yeshua, why do the disciples of John and the Pharisees fast, but your disicples do not fast?

What Jesus says is Can the children of the bridechamber (the bride of Christ), fast, while the bridegroom is with them? as long as they have the bridegroom with them, they cannot fast (mean there is no reason to fast for the moment everything is going well to some degree, he is the one who has the words of eternal life. However after Jesus does died on the Cross, when the bridegroom shall be taken away, from them, and then shall fast in those days. (the last days before the great and dreadful day of the Lord.)

You mentioned the "gospel" no less than 5 times above. What is the gospel ?

Back
Top Bottom