Leave the Devil's Clothing Rack!

Rockson

Of course what I'm sharing here isn't literally real but it's somewhat like a parable. I find it's helped some people, something I feel the Lord gave me. No not scripture but neither was John Bunyan's Pilgrims Progress. For the most part very encouraging. OK,

There's two Kingdoms....the Kingdom of Light and the Kingdom of Darkness. Both Kingdoms have what we might consider to be clothing racks. We'll talk about God's Rack in a minute but let's start with the Kingdoms of Darkness. The Devil and his cohorts worked hard to create and make all sorts of clothes for every location. Shirts, coats even glasses for people to put on to see the world and their experiences a certain way. On a certain day a Christian awoke and looking for something to put on he sadly went to the Devil's rack. The devil and his workers watched from a distance and didn't say a word. They usually let their customers decide which ones they want to wear. The Christian looked at the first garment on a hanger.

On it were the words Garment of Fear. Looking at the second hanger it had on it Garment of Despair. Looking at the third ....Garment of Depression. Other hangers down the way had on them a great number of things. Strife, Envy, Misery, and on and on they went. Christian took the Garment of Depression off the rack and put it on. To him it seemed to fit very well! From a distance one demon gave him the thumbs up! He called out, "Good choice! That is a very popular one. We can't seem to make enough of them!" So the Christian goes out then to face the day!

NOW....a second Christian wakes up......looking for something to wear. He walks up and finds the devil's rack.

He looks over what they are and turns his face to walk out the door. He then hears the voice of one of the devils calling out to him asking where he's going? He tells him he's leaving and that he's not going to put on these clothes. The devil is much displeased and says to him "What do you mean you're not going to take one to wear! We've worked overtime making them and they're a custom fit just for you!" The Christian replies, "I don't care what you've done! I'm not putting them on!" The devil shouts back, "Well we'll see about that!" and he takes one of the garments off the rack and tries to put it on the Christian himself! This Christian boldly asserts, "No I'm not putting one of these on and YOU'RE NOT going to put it on me!"

The devil starts looking frustrated, some might even say depressed, and he asks the Christian with much exasperation, "Well if you're not going to put one on what are you going to wear?"

Christians points over to a distance....."I see God's rack over there! One says put on the garment of Praise for the spirit of heaviness Isaiah 61:3 . Another says the garment of FAITH, another Joy! I see also Peace, Contentment, Love, Self-control and instead of despair I see being Satisfied and Fulfilled! Yeah God's rack and clothes are the only thing I'll wear!

Later after the second Christian has put on God's clothes one comes up and asks him. "But what is the devil going to do with all those garments? As they said he worked so hard in overtime to make them?"

Christian responded by saying, "I don't know. If he can't get me to wear them I suppose he'll seek to get somebody else to do so. Some put them on without even thinking. And if he can't find anybody else then I guess he'll have to wear things like depression himself! Main thing is don't you get so down if he has to! He's made so many others wear depression and other things for such a long time it's maybe his turn to wear them anyway!"

Last edited:
I've always liked this verse from Romans.

But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires. Romans 13:14

I liked it so much I decided to get a patch and have it sewn on my jacket. Every time I wore the jacket I would think of that verse. And also opened up a lot of conversations about Jesus.

Clothe yourselves , put on

1746. ἐνδύω (enduo)
Englishman's Concordance
Strong's Greek: 1746. ἐνδύω (enduo) — 27 Occurrences
Matthew 6:25 V-ASM-2P
GRK: ὑμῶν τί ἐνδύσησθε οὐχὶ ἡ
NAS: [as to] what you will put on. Is not life
KJV: body, what ye shall put on. Is not
INT: of you what you should put on Is not the
Matthew 22:11 V-RPM-AMS
GRK: ἄνθρωπον οὐκ ἐνδεδυμένον ἔνδυμα γάμου
NAS: there who was not dressed in wedding
KJV: which had not on a wedding garment:
INT: a man not clothed with clothes of wedding
Matthew 27:31 V-AIA-3P
GRK: χλαμύδα καὶ ἐνέδυσαν αὐτὸν τὰ
NAS: off Him and put His [own] garments
KJV: his own raiment on him, and
INT: robe and they put on him the
Mark 1:6 V-RPM-NMS
GRK: ὁ Ἰωάννης ἐνδεδυμένος τρίχας καμήλου
NAS: John was clothed with camel's hair
KJV: John was clothed with camel's hair,
INT: John clothed in hair of a camel
Mark 6:9 V-ANM
GRK: καὶ μὴ ἐνδύσησθε δύο χιτῶνας
NAS: sandals; and [He added], Do not puton two
KJV: and not put on two coats.
INT: and not put on two tunics
Mark 15:20 V-AIA-3P
GRK: πορφύραν καὶ ἐνέδυσαν αὐτὸν τὰ
NAS: off Him and put His [own] garments
KJV: his own clothes on him, and
INT: purple [garment] and put on him the
Luke 8:27 V-AIM-3S
GRK: ἱκανῷ οὐκ ἐνεδύσατο ἱμάτιον καὶ
NAS: with demons; and who had not puton any clothing
INT: a long not was wearing clothing and
Luke 12:22 V-ASM-2P
GRK: ὑμῶν τί ἐνδύσησθε
NAS: [as to] what you will put on.
KJV: for the body, what ye shall put on.
INT: of you what you should put on
Luke 15:22 V-AMA-2P
GRK: πρώτην καὶ ἐνδύσατε αὐτόν καὶ
NAS: robe and put it on him, and put
KJV: robe, and put [it] on him; and
INT: best and clothe him and
Luke 24:49 V-ASM-2P
GRK: ἕως οὗ ἐνδύσησθε ἐξ ὕψους
NAS: until you are clothed with power
KJV: until ye be endued with power from
INT: until that you be clothed with from on high
Acts 12:21 V-APM-NMS
GRK: ὁ Ἡρῴδης ἐνδυσάμενος ἐσθῆτα βασιλικὴν
NAS: Herod, having put on his royal
KJV: day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel,
INT: Herod having put on apparel royal
Romans 13:12 V-ASM-1P
GRK: τοῦ σκότους ἐνδυσώμεθα δὲ τὰ
NAS: of darkness and put on the armor
KJV: and let us put on the armour
INT: of darkness should put on moreover the
Romans 13:14 V-AMM-2P
GRK: ἀλλὰ ἐνδύσασθε τὸν κύριον
NAS: But put on the Lord Jesus
KJV: But put ye on the Lord Jesus
INT: But put on the Lord
1 Corinthians 15:53 V-ANM
GRK: φθαρτὸν τοῦτο ἐνδύσασθαιἀφθαρσίαν καὶ
NAS: must put on the imperishable,
KJV: must put on incorruption,
INT: perishable this to put on imperishable and
1 Corinthians 15:53 V-ANM
GRK: θνητὸν τοῦτο ἐνδύσασθαιἀθανασίαν
NAS: mortal must put on immortality.
KJV: this mortal [must] put on immortality.
INT: mortal this to put on immortality
1 Corinthians 15:54 V-ASM-3S
GRK: φθαρτὸν τοῦτο ἐνδύσηται τὴν ἀφθαρσίαν
NAS: perishable will have put on the imperishable,
KJV: corruptible shall have put onincorruption,
INT: perishable this shall have put on the imperishable
1 Corinthians 15:54 V-ASM-3S
GRK: θνητὸν τοῦτο ἐνδύσηται ἀθανασίαν τότε
INT: mortal this put on immortality then
Galatians 3:27 V-AIM-2P
GRK: ἐβαπτίσθητε Χριστὸν ἐνεδύσασθε
NAS: into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
KJV: into Christ have put on Christ.
INT: were baptized Christ you did put on
Ephesians 4:24 V-ANM
GRK: καὶ ἐνδύσασθαι τὸν καινὸν
NAS: and put on the new self,
KJV: And that ye put on the new man,
INT: and to have put on the new
Ephesians 6:11 V-AMM-2P
GRK: ἐνδύσασθε τὴν πανοπλίαν
NAS: Put on the full armor of God,
KJV: Put on the whole armour of God,
INT: Put on the complete armor
Ephesians 6:14 V-APM-NMP
GRK: ἀληθείᾳ καὶ ἐνδυσάμενοι τὸν θώρακα
NAS: WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUTON THE BREASTPLATE
KJV: and having on the breastplate
INT: truth and having put on the breastplate
Colossians 3:10 V-APM-NMP
GRK: καὶ ἐνδυσάμενοι τὸν νέον
NAS: and have put on the new self
KJV: And have put on the new [man], which
INT: and having put on the new
Colossians 3:12 V-AMM-2P
GRK: Ἐνδύσασθε οὖν ὡς
NAS: and beloved, put on a heart
KJV: Put on therefore, as
INT: Put on therefore as
1 Thessalonians 5:8 V-APM-NMP
GRK: ὄντες νήφωμεν ἐνδυσάμενοι θώρακα πίστεως
NAS: let us be sober, having put on the breastplate
KJV: be sober, putting on the breastplate
INT: being should be sober having put on[the] breastplate of faith
Revelation 1:13 V-RPM-AMS
GRK: υἱὸν ἀνθρώπου ἐνδεδυμένον ποδήρη καὶ
NAS: of man, clothed in a robe reaching to the feet,
KJV: of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot,
INT: [a] Son of man clothed in [a garment]reaching to the feet and
Revelation 15:6 V-RPM-NMP
GRK: τοῦ ναοῦ ἐνδεδυμένοι λίνον καθαρὸν
NAS: out of the temple, clothed in linen,
KJV: the seven plagues, clothed in pure and
INT: of the temple clothed in linen pure
Revelation 19:14 V-RPM-NMP
GRK: ἵπποις λευκοῖς ἐνδεδυμένοιβύσσινον λευκὸν
NAS: which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen,
KJV: horses, clothed in fine linen,
INT: horses white clothed in fine linen white

Heavenly Father, Your warriors prepare for battle. Today we claim victory over Satan by putting on the whole armor of God.
We put on the Girdle of Truth! May we stand firm in the truth of Your Word so we will not be a victim of Satan's lies.

We put on the Breastplate of Righteousness! May it guard our hearts from evil so we will remain pure and holy, protected under the blood of Jesus Christ.

We put on the Shoes of Peace! May we stand firm in the Good News of the Gospel so Your peace will shine through us and be a light to all we encounter.

We take the Shield of Faith! May we be ready for Satan's fiery darts of doubt, denial, and deceit so we will not be vulnerable to spiritual defeat.

We put on the Helmet of Salvation! May we keep our minds focused on You so Satan will not have a stronghold on our thoughts.

We take the Sword of the Spirit! May the two-edged sword of Your Word be ready in our hands so we can expose the tempting words of Satan.

By faith your warriors have put on the whole armor of God! We are prepared to live this day in spiritual victory! Amen!!

Heavenly Father, Your warriors prepare for battle. Today we claim victory over Satan by putting on the whole armor of God.
We put on the Girdle of Truth! May we stand firm in the truth of Your Word so we will not be a victim of Satan's lies.

We put on the Breastplate of Righteousness! May it guard our hearts from evil so we will remain pure and holy, protected under the blood of Jesus Christ.

We put on the Shoes of Peace! May we stand firm in the Good News of the Gospel so Your peace will shine through us and be a light to all we encounter.

We take the Shield of Faith! May we be ready for Satan's fiery darts of doubt, denial, and deceit so we will not be vulnerable to spiritual defeat.

We put on the Helmet of Salvation! May we keep our minds focused on You so Satan will not have a stronghold on our thoughts.

We take the Sword of the Spirit! May the two-edged sword of Your Word be ready in our hands so we can expose the tempting words of Satan.

By faith your warriors have put on the whole armor of God! We are prepared to live this day in spiritual victory! Amen!!

Very good prayer! :)

Back
Top Bottom