Do Dogs Go to Heaven?

Parker

The Bible does not clearly state whether we will see our pets again in heaven, but Scriptures suggests the presence of animals in heaven.

In Isaiah 11:6, we are told that during the Millennial reign of Jesus on earth, "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them." A similar scene is painted later in Isaiah 65:25. It's clear there will be animals on earth during the Millennium and that predator and prey will live in harmony.

Later, John gives us a glimpse of heaven in Revelation 19:11, 14: "Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war.... And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses." Jesus and His armies will ride white horses to capture Satan and the false prophet and cast them into the lake of fire forever.

It seems clear that there will be animals in heaven. It is uncertain whether the ones we loved on earth will be there. Whatever the case, we know the character of God and His love for us. He gives "good things to those who ask Him" and "gives us richly all things to enjoy" (Matthew 7:11; 1 Timothy 6:17). Heaven will be a place of joy and peace and the richest of blessings as we live in the presence of God and enjoy His good gifts for eternity.

I'm sure the pets we love will be there at our request. I've heard people mock this, which is quite sad, because it implies God has no care for animals. We see the love of God towards animals in Scripture very clearly. This would not be a hard thing for him.

I'm sure the pets we love will be there at our request. I've heard people mock this, which is quite sad, because it implies God has no care for animals. We see the love of God towards animals in Scripture very clearly. This would not be a hard thing for him.
God loves animals so much that He has them killed, burnt on the alters of sacrifice. What did the innocent animals do that cannot sin do to deserve such treatment ? That does not sound much like God loves animals. It sounds just the opposite- unloving, unkind.

If you tried sacrificing your pet for your childs or your sin in this country you would be thrown in jail for animal abuse.

God loves animals so much that He has them killed, burnt on the alters of sacrifice. What did the innocent animals do that cannot sin do to deserve such treatment ? That does not sound much like God loves animals. It sounds just the opposite- unloving, unkind.

If you tried sacrificing your pet for your childs or your sin in this country you would be thrown in jail for animal abuse.

This is like the type of argument we see from atheists to try to disprove the existence of an all-good and all-loving God (problem of evil).

The thing they don't factor in is an all-holy God who also judges for sin, and the animals suffer for human evil choices.

This does not logically equate to God not loving victims, as God can desire their well-being while having higher reasons to allow them to suffer.

This is like the type of argument we see from atheists to try to disprove the existence of an all-good and all-loving God (problem of evil).

The thing they don't factor in is an all-holy God who also judges for sin, and the animals suffer for human evil choices.

This does not logically equate to God not loving victims, as God can desire their well-being while having higher reasons to allow them to suffer.
How is the sacrifice a victim ?

Are animals sinful?
1. The serpent was said to be cunning in evil ABOVE the rest of the animals which implies they are sinful lite so to speak.
2. The serpent was cursed ABOVE the other animals which implies they got a lighter curse for their sin than the serpent got.
3. The animals were cursed by the flood along with mankind for their wickedness and violence, Gen 6:5-7.

I can't see any theological significance of sinful animals yet but it is implied in the verses. I do want to break the habit of just skipping over the verses that don't add up but instead to think about them closely...

is there such a thing as a victimless crime concerning the slaying of the innocent ?

Yes, when God commands you to do it, he is the Boss, there is no sin without relation to his will.

Like with the conquering of Canaan, etc.

And I would call it a "crimeless victim," perhaps what you meant.

The Bible does not clearly state whether we will see our pets again in heaven, but Scriptures suggests the presence of animals in heaven.

In Isaiah 11:6, we are told that during the Millennial reign of Jesus on earth, "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them." A similar scene is painted later in Isaiah 65:25. It's clear there will be animals on earth during the Millennium and that predator and prey will live in harmony.

Later, John gives us a glimpse of heaven in Revelation 19:11, 14: "Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war.... And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses." Jesus and His armies will ride white horses to capture Satan and the false prophet and cast them into the lake of fire forever.

It seems clear that there will be animals in heaven. It is uncertain whether the ones we loved on earth will be there. Whatever the case, we know the character of God and His love for us. He gives "good things to those who ask Him" and "gives us richly all things to enjoy" (Matthew 7:11; 1 Timothy 6:17). Heaven will be a place of joy and peace and the richest of blessings as we live in the presence of God and enjoy His good gifts for eternity.
I suppose my question becomes...

When you ask- heaven, are you talking about the home of God, or the eternal new heaven and new earth, mentioned in Revelation 21-22?

Well we see in Matt 6 where God cares or loves animal life enough to feed them.....and if God does that for them how much more than for us. It says we're of greater importance to him than animals.

And we read this, "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care." Matt 10:29

As one who doesn't believe in PSA, Civic then I'm guessing you can believe as well that having to sacrifice animals doesn't have to actually mean he didn't love them.

Well we see in Matt 6 where God cares or loves animal life enough to feed them.....and if God does that for them how much more than for us. It says we're of greater importance to him than animals.

And we read this, "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care." Matt 10:29

As one who doesn't believe in PSA, Civic then I'm guessing you can believe as well that having to sacrifice animals doesn't have to actually mean he didn't love them.
It was rhetorical as an fyi 😉

PSA not logically mean God does not love animals!!!!

That does not follow at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom