Women

Olde Tymer

~
Fortunately the rules spelled out by 1Tim 2:11 & 1Cor 14:34-38 are limited to
congregational activities because I can whole-heartedly recommend at least one
woman on the internet that everyone can enjoy regardless of age, race, or gender.

She's a very pleasant lady named Tera-Leigh Cobble hosting a YouTube channel
called The Bible Recap. Terah-Leigh's commentary isn't seminary-depth, rather, it's
a casual journey thru the entire Bible over the course of one year and then loops
beginning in January.

Tera-Leigh's daily remarks are easily located by searching for them by day
number and book; for example she recently kicked off in Genesis by the label:

The Bible Recap
Day 001:Gen 1-3
_

In addition to the command for husbands to love their wives (Ephesians 5:25), Paul teaches that a wife is to fear her husband (Ephesians 5:33).

Women are the best. My mom was one, She made sure I went to church when I was a kid. My wife is one. She leads one of the many women's groups at our church and has kept me in line for years, My granddaughter is one, I love to listen to her singing in church. Let's be real, If it wasn't for women the church wouldn't be able to function today. We need their help.

Women make great teachers.

I couldn't find anything she said about Ephesians 5:33.

Tara-Leigh's commentary isn't seminary-depth. She moves right along; hitting
mostly high points. and usually careful to avoid a stubborn stance on hot button
issues like yours. I like the way she gives her visitors options; and enough
latitude to do their own thinking.

Men are typically imperious; practically demanding folks to believe their way, and
no other way, except the highway to you know where.
_

I think you would find that hard to prove.

That's a fair assessment seeing as how I don't have access to comprehensive
psychological data. However, I do have +/- 27 years of experience on nigh unto 50
different internet forums consisting of both Jews and Gentiles, so I have at least
that to go on; for what it's worth.
_

There is a natural order:

3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. 1 Cor. 11:2–3.

God--->Christ--->man--->woman.
This order is vertical.

There is a spiritual order:
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. Gal. 3:27–28.

The word "Christ" is from the Hebrew "Messias" and it means "anointing" referencing "oil" which is referencing the "Holy Spirit."

Thus, in spiritual matters the order is God--->Christ--->everyone else in the body of Christ.
Thus, apostle being a spiritual office women can be called to it and I know several.
Women can receive of God anything of a spiritual nature even beyond being a prophetess.
This order is horizontal.

Acts 20:27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

Tara-Leigh Cobble doesn't advertise herself as a missionary, nor does she claim to
know "all the counsel of God" but then: one need not be a seminary-quality
evangelist to be useful.

You know what Fred? Trying to figure out this hostility of yours has led me suspect
you've been struggling with some unresolved EDITED for personal attack. (Just a hunch)
_

Last edited by a moderator:
Tara-Leigh Cobble doesn't advertise herself as a missionary, nor does she claim to
know "all the counsel of God" but then: one need not be a seminary-quality
evangelist to be useful.

You know what Fred? Trying to figure out this hostility of yours has led me suspect
you've been struggling with some unresolved mommy issues. (Just a hunch)
_

Her defiance to what the Bible teaches was made clear in post 2.

Your know what, Old Tymer? Trying to figure out this hostility of yours has led me to suspect you've been struggling with some unresolved issues of what it takes to be a man. (Just a hunch).

~
As a patriotic American citizen who values free speech and detests the cancel
culture, I vote that post No.15 remain verbatim and unedited.
_

Back
Top Bottom