John 1:1- the Trinity is exposed all three.

101G

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
Elimination #1. many say God here in John 1:1c is "a god". let scripture answer scripture. Deuteronomy 32:39 "See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand." well, the Word was WITH God, and here in Deuteronomy 32:39 there is "no god" with him. so scripture answer the nonsense that "a god" in John 1:1b was with, and is GOD, John 1:1c. also at the same time, it eliminates any second or third person. because,..........

Elimination #2. the scripture answer who was "WITH" God. Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he." so the LORD is "WITH" the Last? so who is the LAST? let scripture answer scripture, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." the Last is the same one person who is the First. for "ALSO" means, "in addition; too" so, in addition too the LORD, (who is one person), being the First, he, he, he, ONE PERSON is "ALSO" the Last. the same one person.

as one poster said, Revelation 1:1 there was God and the Christ two Person. well if that's the case, there was God, who is the First and Last, and the Lord Jesus the christ who is also the First and Last..... well do we see the ERROR NOW? no, only ONE PERSON is First and Last, and God is Jesus according to John 1:1. so there is only ONE PERSON in John 1:1, and only One Person in Revelation 1:1, as well as in Genesis 1:1, who made Man Male and Female ... at Genesis 1:26 in the beginning. ONE PERSON ONLY. and speaking of "ONLY". there is only ONE PERSON ... at John 1:1 who is the same one person at Isaiah 44:24 who "MADE ALL THINGS", which is backed up by John 1:3. only one person.

let scripture answer scripture. and let scripture answer anyone's DOCTRINE with scripture.

10G.

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
Elimination #1. many say God here in John 1:1c is "a god". let scripture answer scripture. Deuteronomy 32:39 "See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand." well, the Word was WITH God, and here in Deuteronomy 32:39 there is "no god" with him. so scripture answer the nonsense that "a god" in John 1:1b was with, and is GOD, John 1:1c. also at the same time, it eliminates any second or third person. because,..........

Elimination #2. the scripture answer who was "WITH" God. Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he." so the LORD is "WITH" the Last? so who is the LAST? let scripture answer scripture, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." the Last is the same one person who is the First. for "ALSO" means, "in addition; too" so, in addition too the LORD, (who is one person), being the First, he, he, he, ONE PERSON is "ALSO" the Last. the same one person.

as one poster said, Revelation 1:1 there was God and the Christ two Person. well if that's the case, there was God, who is the First and Last, and the Lord Jesus the christ who is also the First and Last..... well do we see the ERROR NOW? no, only ONE PERSON is First and Last, and God is Jesus according to John 1:1. so there is only ONE PERSON in John 1:1, and only One Person in Revelation 1:1, as well as in Genesis 1:1, who made Man Male and Female ... at Genesis 1:26 in the beginning. ONE PERSON ONLY. and speaking of "ONLY". there is only ONE PERSON ... at John 1:1 who is the same one person at Isaiah 44:24 who "MADE ALL THINGS", which is backed up by John 1:3. only one person.

let scripture answer scripture. and let scripture answer anyone's DOCTRINE with scripture.

10G.

NKJV
‘Now see that I, even I, am He, And there is no God besides Me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; Nor is there any who can deliver from My hand.

HCSB
See now that I alone am He; there is no God but Me. I bring death and I give life; I wound and I heal. No one can rescue anyone from My hand.

There are a few trinitarian-translated Bibles that admit that the word "god" at Deut. 32:39 may also be properly translated as "God." This is the probable meaning. Even angels were called "gods" and "sons of God."

John 1:1c is nearly always rendered "and the Word was God" by trinitarians. However, an honest study of John's use of such phrases shows that he intended it as "and the Word was a god." - http://examiningthetrinity.blogspot.com/2009/09/john-11c-primer_21.html

There are a few trinitarian-translated Bibles that admit that the word "god" at Deut. 32:39 may also be properly translated as "God." This is the probable meaning. Even angels were called "gods" and "sons of God."

John 1:1c is nearly always rendered "and the Word was God" by trinitarians. However, an honest study of John's use of such phrases shows that he intended it as "and the Word was a god." - http://examiningthetrinity.blogspot.com/2009/09/john-11c-primer_21.html
first thanks for the reply. and second, I understand your concerns. but the rending of "a god", in John 1:1c is nothing, FOR A god, IS AN IDOL. for God Almighty himself made it clear. Isaiah 45:5 "I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:"

and here "God" is, H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem') n-m. AS IN Deut. 32:39 He said, "there is none else". end of story.
God: H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem') n-m.
אֱלֹהֵי 'elohiy (el-o-hee') [alternate plural]
1. (literally) supreme ones.
2. (hence, in the ordinary sense) gods.
3. (specifically, in the plural, especially with the article) the Supreme God (i.e. the all supreme).
4. (sometimes) supreme, used as a superlative.
5. (occasionally, by way of deference) supreme magistrates, the highest magistrates of the land.
6. (also) the supreme angels (entities of unspecified type).
[plural of H433]
KJV: angels, X exceeding, God (gods)(-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty.
Root(s): H433
Compare: H5945, H7706, H8199, H4397

now, God almighty makes it plain, as in a second witness of Scripture, Isaiah 46:9 "Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me," AND THE LAST ONE, Isaiah 44:8 "Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any." this is clear as day. and I agree with you here, and God said he KNOW not any. but.....in Isaiah 45:5 "I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:" and you made a list as to what other translations said at Deut. 32:39, so let God by his own word destroy these translations in their tracks.

Now Listen to the NKJV, on the same scripture, Isaiah 45:5 as we will in reference contrast to Deut. 32:39.

New King James Version
I am the LORD, and there is no other; There is no God besides Me. I will gird you, though you have not known Me,

Now your HCSB
I am Yahweh, and there is no other; there is no God but Me. I will strengthen you, though you do not know Me,

now question Time. "Why did these translation say in Isaiah 45:5 ... "there is no GOD beside me", or "there is no GOD but me", in reference to almighty God. so why put a "GOD" next to him in Deut. 32:39?" see, this is how one catch a translation in a LIE. if it says one thing over there, it must say the same thing over here. but 101G will clear up the mystery. let's go back to Isaiah..... lets get the proper understanding of John 1:1. listen to the scripture closely. John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

notice that term "WITH" God. it seems to indicate someone else is present/beside the True and Living God.... correct... well at face value it seems that way. but the prophet Isaiah by God himself clear up the matter. listen closely.

Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he." here the LORD, all cap. is WITH, WITH, WITH, the Last, for he said, "I AM HE. I and HE indicating a single person, correct. ok hold that thought. Now this, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." BINGO. the LORD, all cap is the First, but he's ...... ALSO ..... the Last. remember the First is "WITH" the Last..... yes, the same one Person. and the term also means, "in addition; too:". so the LORD, all cap, who is the First is "ALSO" .... in addition; too, the Last. it's the same one person. this is why 101G know that the Word in John 1:1b is "WITH" God, and is God, the same one PERSON, in John 1:1c. because of the knowledge of Isaiah 41:4 and Isaiah 48:12, which clearly show God is in the ECHAD of First/LORD/Father/Spirit and Last/Lord/Son/spirit, the same one person EQUALLY SHARED, as said in the ECHAD as ONE.

so, John 1:1 is totally Correct from front to end. if you have any questions, please ask.

101G.

@101G
I have a question if you don't mind.
Are you a Unitarian?
****the Christian belief that the Bible teaches that God the Father is one singular being, and that Jesus Christ is a distinct being, his son, but not divine**** or......something else or like this ?

I believe there is only one God, the creator of all, who has three manifestations or essences just as man is tripartite in body ,soul & spirit. He manifests himself per the need of mankind. To the Hebrews who came out of Egypt, he declared himself, " I AM" !
When all men needed a saviour he came ' in the flesh' as the Son, as a man, born of a woman, to redeem all mankind. When Jesus ascended, the Holy Spirit came on Pentecost to continue the ministry of God with man.
John 4:24 tells us that God is a Spirit......

I do NOT see God as 3 distinct individual persons in heaven, only one God. Just as we humans perform many function; man, son, husband, father; woman, daughter, wife, mother. God being supreme and not limited by our earthly, fleshly restraints is all things to all men. As Jesus ,he will judge the believers & saints for our faithfulness to his plan of salvation & workmanship in us. We will identify with him.
At the GWT, God the creator will judge all unbelieving man for their unbelief / sin. The Holy Spirit ( John 16:8/9) does his work in the conviction of sin, of righteousness and of judgement here on earth while it is still " today".

This being said, I'm not sure I'm a true trinitarian.
If there were 3 other supreme beings then IMO God would be lying by saying " there is NO other God besides me". I DO BELIEVE that all three essences or manifestations are GOD !

I have a question if you don't mind.
Are you a Unitarian?
101G don't mind, NO
****the Christian belief that the Bible teaches that God the Father is one singular being, and that Jesus Christ is a distinct being, his son, but not divine**** or......something else or like this ?
ERROR, God Teaches that he is ONE "PERSON" that is the "ECHAD" of himself that came in flesh. per Genesis 1:1, Isaiah 63:5 and Isaiah chapter 53. and this ECHAD of HIMSELF is identified in the titles, "FIRST" and "LAST", "BEGINNING" and "END", "ALPHA" and "OMEGA", "ROOT" and "OFFSPRING"...... and the Titles, "Father", and "Son". the same one PERSON in the ECHAD of himself to come.

oh yes, by the way.... 101G is neither oneness as the UPIC teaches, and as some other teach. NO, 101G is a DIVERSIFIED ONENESS, just as the bible teaches. nothing new..... nothing changed, the same thing the Lord Jesus and his disciples taught.
I believe there is only one God, the creator of all, who has three manifestations or essences just as man is tripartite in body ,soul & spirit.
There is ONLY "ONE", TRUE and LIVING GOD. who is ONE PERSON..... PERIOD. now, is our bodies a separate Person? or is the body a person at all? as for your spirit? it's not even yours..... it's God's. scripture. Isaiah 42:5 "Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:" now, that which is called the body, (your house/Temple) dies, the spirit returns to the "ONE" who gives it. Ecclesiastes 12:7 "Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it." well, your body is not a person, but dirt/dust of the earth. and what you call YOUR spirit is not you, but God's, as well as your body. for God made the Earth where the dust come from. so your body is not YOU, and your Spirit is not YOU. now what about the soul? let's check the record. Ezekiel 18:4 "Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die."

well, that's strike 3 and we all are out. for without God none of us are NOTHING..... let that sink in for a second.

101G.

I do NOT see God as 3 distinct individual persons in heaven, only one God. Just as we humans perform many function; man, son, husband, father; woman, daughter, wife, mother. God being supreme and not limited by our earthly, fleshly restraints is all things to all men. As Jesus ,he will judge the believers & saints for our faithfulness to his plan of salvation & workmanship in us. We will identify with him.
now the interesting part of your post. is son, husband, father, daughter, ect.... are these person, or titles of a person? understand ONE person can hold the "title" father, son, and husband. titles are not persons.

and no, each is a function of one person? that modalism, just as worst as trinitarianism. may 101G make a suggestion to you. what if this one person God.... who is a Spirit... ONE nature...... shared himself EQUALLY in Flesh.
At the GWT, God the creator will judge all unbelieving man for their unbelief / sin. The Holy Spirit ( John 16:8/9) does his work in the conviction of sin, of righteousness and of judgement here on earth while it is still " today".
the Lord Jesus is that one person who is the HOLY SPIRIT, that Hold the title "Father", and "Son".
This being said, I'm not sure I'm a true trinitarian.
If there were 3 other supreme beings then IMO God would be lying by saying " there is NO other God besides me". I DO BELIEVE that all three essences or manifestations are GOD !
see 101G's last statement above.

101G.

GINOLJC, to all.
@L.A.M.B. and @tigger2.
First 101G thank you for the inquiry of questions. that is Good instead of auguring. asking a question is the best and correct approach. I commend you both.

to make my position clear, and maybe help clear up some edification on our God.... as stated, "101G is diversified Oneness". this means that the ONE TRUE and LIVING God in the ECHAD of ordinal First, and Ordinal Last holds the Titles of Father and Son.

this is clearly found in the bible in Genesis 1:1 and supportive of in Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:" from is basic understand of God, as "ONE PERSON"..... all Godhead question can be answered with scripture, and reproved which are man made misunderstood doctrine.

as the apostle Paul was set to defend the Gospel of God so am 101G. especially on the Godhead. with the starting scriptures that I have stated, if you like we can discuss....... (with question and answers), a sanctified enquiry into the Godhead.

101G.

Back
Top Bottom