Christian Humor

Handaan

He will yet fill your mouth with laughter [Job] and your lips with joyful shouting. Job 8:21
If anyone ever needed a good laugh it was job and God gave it to him.

He has made me glad I will rejoice for he has made me glad. I love that Praise & Worship song.

2 Then were our mouths filled with laughter, and our tongues with singing. Then they said among the nations, The Lord has done great things for them.
3 The Lord has done great things for us! We are glad!
Ps 126:2–3.

22 A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing, but a broken spirit dries up the bones
Pr 17:22.

Nutritionist and author Pamela Smith takes laughter seriously. That’s because she knows that 100 laughs a day provide a cardiovascular workout equal to about ten minutes of rowing or biking. And there’s more happy news: Laughter stimulates stress release in the same way exercise does. Laughter, Smith notes, also helps fight infection by sending into the bloodstream some hormones that reduce the immune-system-weakening power of stress.

Proverbs 14:30 puts it this way: “A heart at peace gives life to the body.”

I'm interested in seeing what we can come up with in the way of Christian humor. Be they true stories, Christian jokes, Or sayings or Motto's I'm sure we would all love to hear them I know I will.

Okay I got one.

New Minister

Recently a large seminar was held for ministers in training. Among the guests were many well-known motivational speakers. One such boldly approached the pulpit and, gathering the entire crowd's attention, said, “The best years of my life were spent in the arms of a woman that wasn't my wife!” The crowd was shocked! He followed up by saying, “And that woman was my mother!” The crowd burst into laughter and he gave his speech, which went over well.

About a week later one of the assistant ministers who had attended the seminar decided to use that joke in what was his first sermon to the congregation. As he shyly approached the pulpit one Sunday, he tried to rehearse the joke in his head. He was notably very nervous and getting to the microphone he said loudly, “The greatest years of my life were spent in the arms of another woman that was not my wife!” His congregation sat shocked.

After standing there for almost 10 seconds the pastor finally blurted out, “…and I can't remember who she was!”

Back
Top Bottom