A priest of Christ = a worshiper of Christ (= YHWH)

Fred

A priest of Dagon would offer worship to Dagon.
1 Samuel 5:5
Therefore neither the priests of Dagon nor all who enter Dagon’s house tread on the threshold of Dagon in Ashdod to this day.

A priest of Baal would offer worship to Baal.
2 Kings 10:19
Now, summon all the prophets of Baal, all his worshipers and all his priests; let no one be missing, for I have a great sacrifice for Baal; whoever is missing shall not live. But Jehu did it in cunning, so that he might destroy the worshipers of Baal.

A priest of Chemosh would offer worship to Chemosh.
Jeremiah 48:7
For because of your trust in your own achievements and treasures,
Even you yourself will be captured;
And Chemosh will go off into exile
Together with his priests and his princes.

A priest of Zeus would offer worship to Zeus.
Acts 14:13
The priest of Zeus, whose temple was just outside the city, brought oxen and garlands to the gates, and wanted to offer sacrifice with the crowds.

A priest of Christ would offer worship to Christ.
Revelation 20:6
Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

Psalm 99:5-6
(5) Exalt the Lord our God
And worship at His footstool;
Holy is He.
(6) Moses and Aaron were among His priests,
And Samuel was among those who called on His name;
They called upon the LORD and He answered them.

Moses and Aaron were priests (Samuel functioned as one) who called upon the name of the Lord (YHWH) in worship.
Christians are priests of Christ.
As such they too call upon the name of the Lord Jesus as being YHWH in worship (Acts 2:21; 9:14, 21; 22:16; Romans 10:12-14; 1 Corinthians 1:2; 2 Timothy 2:22).

A priest of Dagon would offer worship to Dagon.
1 Samuel 5:5
Therefore neither the priests of Dagon nor all who enter Dagon’s house tread on the threshold of Dagon in Ashdod to this day.

A priest of Baal would offer worship to Baal.
2 Kings 10:19
Now, summon all the prophets of Baal, all his worshipers and all his priests; let no one be missing, for I have a great sacrifice for Baal; whoever is missing shall not live. But Jehu did it in cunning, so that he might destroy the worshipers of Baal.

A priest of Chemosh would offer worship to Chemosh.
Jeremiah 48:7
For because of your trust in your own achievements and treasures,
Even you yourself will be captured;
And Chemosh will go off into exile
Together with his priests and his princes.

A priest of Zeus would offer worship to Zeus.
Acts 14:13
The priest of Zeus, whose temple was just outside the city, brought oxen and garlands to the gates, and wanted to offer sacrifice with the crowds.

A priest of Christ would offer worship to Christ.
Revelation 20:6
Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

Psalm 99:5-6
(5) Exalt the Lord our God
And worship at His footstool;
Holy is He.
(6) Moses and Aaron were among His priests,
And Samuel was among those who called on His name;
They called upon the LORD and He answered them.

Moses and Aaron were priests (Samuel functioned as one) who called upon the name of the Lord (YHWH) in worship.
Christians are priests of Christ.
As such they too call upon the name of the Lord Jesus as being YHWH in worship (Acts 2:21; 9:14, 21; 22:16; Romans 10:12-14; 1 Corinthians 1:2; 2 Timothy 2:22).
Before I even comment on the worship angle of your OP....this has to be said again as you keep trying to place a round object into a square hole...

Fred, three words for you, CONTEXT, TAKING ADVANTAGE.

Romans 10:12-14 and Acts 2:21 recite OT Joel 2:28-32. I can also add on the other verses you cite being of this same discussion.

In the OT, folks called on YHWH for salvation. In the NT we call upon his Son, who is not YHWH.

And clearly if you happen to read the context in each of these scripture passages you know this as fact.

The responsibility and new authority went from the Father to the Son as he chose to delegate this immensely important function of salvation.

This key unstated and implied argument is invalid Fred.

And as said before by me and by some other folks it's a shame that the translators especially since the 17th century, chose to write in the OT 'Lord' for YHWH and in the NT, 'Lord' for both YHWH and his Son.

And because of this you and some other Trinitarians are taking advantage of this confusion and saying that the Son is also present in the OT and that YHWH is also Jesus because they are both called 'Lord.'

And with a similar mindset, instead of seeing YHWH in Joel and seeing 'Lord' in Romans, and then realizing that the Lord Jesus is now doing what YHWH did, they as you are one, erroneously believe the same person is acting in both places. And you really believe this simple and yet effective deception, and it's should be worrisome to you!

This is at least intellectual dishonestly.

The verses in the OT that speak of LORD God's or YHWH's authority are often quoted in the NT and applied to Christ because God gave the authority to Christ. This is the general context here in your OP and it is the correct thinking for understanding.

In the OT, folks called on YHWH for salvation. In the NT we call upon his Son, who is not YHWH.

An assertion without proof.

And clearly if you happen to read the context in each of these scripture passages you know this as fact.

When you claim that something should be known as fact and then provide a grand total of zero evidence for it then what you affirm lacks credibility.

The responsibility and new authority went from the Father to the Son as he chose to delegate this immensely important function of salvation.

This key unstated and implied argument is invalid Fred.

And as said before by me and by some other folks it's a shame that the translators especially since the 17th century, chose to write in the OT 'Lord' for YHWH and in the NT, 'Lord' for both YHWH and his Son.

Your assertion is ridiculous.
The Unitarian chaos would have us believe that Paul, Peter and Luke would take OT passages about YHWH and apply them directly to Christ - in reference to praying to Him, worshiping Him instead of idols, that He is the Creator, etc., but don't even think that Jesus is God. No, that would be totally off the mark!

Get a clue.

An assertion without proof.

When you claim that something should be known as fact and then provide a grand total of zero evidence for it then what you affirm lacks credibility.

Your assertion is ridiculous.
The Unitarian chaos would have us believe that Paul, Peter and Luke would take OT passages about YHWH and apply them directly to Christ - in reference to praying to Him, worshiping Him instead of idols, that He is the Creator, etc., but don't even think that Jesus is God. No, that would be totally off the mark!

Get a clue.
Fred, you don't want to listen at all. One sided all the way, with a closed mind; aye?

As you said, "The Unitarian chaos would have us believe that Paul, Peter and Luke would take OT passages about YHWH and apply them directly to Christ - in reference to praying to Him, worshiping Him instead of idols, that He is the Creator, etc., but don't even think that Jesus is God. No, that would be totally off the mark!"

Yes, Paul, Peter and Luke and others did use OT passages to at least convey and FOOT STOMP with the presence of the OT scripture with the Father God, to you Fred, that the Son of God now had the reigns of authority for specific tasks. What better way to show CONTEXT! It was genius I tell you Fred, utter genius, and you cannot 'see' it at all...sad..

And the chaos is all caused by your thinking, it's in your mind, all yours Fred, not of Paul, Peter and Luke etc....and surely not my me. I just say it like I see it.

Fred, you don't want to listen at all.

THht's because you haven't offered anytihng of value.

One sided all the way, with a closed mind; aye?

That's what one does when they have found the truth and when others offer such pitiful evidence againts it.

Yes, Paul, Peter and Luke and others did use OT passages to at least convey and FOOT STOMP with the presence of the OT scripture with the Father God, to you Fred, that the Son of God now had the reigns of authority for specific tasks.

Which only God is worthy of.

He "alone" is the proper recipient of latreuō (Luke 4:8)
and so is Jesus which proves He is God.

He "alone" is the Creator (Job 9:8; Isaiah 44:24)
and so is Jesus which proves He is God (1 Corinthians 10:26; Hebrews 1:10).

My God isn’t a priest. He’s God.

Jesus is both.
A priest of Christ is a worshiper of Christ in equality with the worship they render unto the Father (Revelation 20:6).

Murray Harris: the final picture the New Testament gives of the eternal state is one where 'slaves' (douloi) are completely devoted to the worship and service (latreusousin) of the Lord God and the Lamb (Rev. 22:3). The redeemed remain 'slaves' although their service is that of priests (cf. Rev. 1:6; 5:10; 20:6) (Slave of Christ: A New Testament Metaphor to Total Devotion to Christ, page 139).

William Henry Simcox: τοῦ θεοῦ καὶ τοῦ Χριστοῦ. The strongest proof, perhaps, in the Book of the doctrine of Christ’s coequal Deity (The Revelation of St. John the Divine, Cambridge Greek Testament for Schools and Colleges).
http://www.studylight.org/commentaries/cgt/revelation-20.html

Last edited:
Yes, Paul, Peter and Luke and others did use OT passages to at least convey and FOOT STOMP with the presence of the OT scripture with the Father God, to you Fred, that the Son of God now had the reigns of authority for specific tasks. What better way to show CONTEXT! It was genius I tell you Fred, utter genius, and you cannot 'see' it at all...sad..
well did not they and even the disciples confirm that the OT God is the Lord Jesus? case in point. the disciple at Damascus, named Ananias. listen while speaking to Paul he said this, Acts 22:12 "And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there," Acts 22:13 "Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him." Acts 22:14 "And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth."

The God of our fathers? is this not "YHWH?" and he was speaking of the Resen Lord Jesus. for the God of our father is YHWH correct. and this God is JESUS.

101G.

Back
Top Bottom